Tell me why the weather has become so destructive!

Basically the Earth is alive and humanity is an invading disease.
So the Earth is raising it's temperature in order to kill us off but it's also sending antibodies after us, storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, etc.
This obviously makes the Earth have a runny nose which is why the ice caps are melting and becoming runny and slushy instead of being their usual hard and dry snotty selves.
 
Did you ever watch the film, "Solaris" ?
Science fiction invites the imagination to explore...

Winter Storm Olympia

17 states impacted, people were killed, and a great big mess resulted.
 
Basically the Earth is alive and humanity is an invading disease.
So the Earth is raising it's temperature in order to kill us off but it's also sending antibodies after us, storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, etc.
This obviously makes the Earth have a runny nose which is why the ice caps are melting and becoming runny and slushy instead of being their usual hard and dry snotty selves.

The Earth is a collective organism, Gaia. Humans are the planets sign of puberty, getting ready to reproduce and send it's seed out into the universe.

Humans are like hormones and zits in teenagers.

Also the means to carry Terran DNA to other worlds. Like sperm. When humans are advanced enough we will travel into space and take Terran organisms with us. Accidently or purposefully.

I'm sure once they determine if there is no life on Mars, they will try seed it with life from Earth.
 
The warming, if any has taken place, is due to natural planetary fluctuations. That's it.

Two things about the data:
First, the changes in the satellite data is captured in your chart. Is there any indication that temperature readings taken decades ago is adjusted to be 'cooler' and recent temperature readers are adjusted to be higher....no surprise...showing warming?

Second, where are the adjustments to the surface data? Surely, they're available in a similar chart. The methodology, the rational, where is that for surface data?

Finally, my articles about NOAA was intended to spotlight their 'behavior'....more than the data. It's hard to assert cherry-picking when i post all my links....

Maybe that guy bhurry in his thread on the general thread is right. (Just Wondering.) Maybe the north and south poles don't really know where they are. Maybe east and west? Just floating? Shit maybe the end is near. Are we all going to burn up before the next ice age? Lets build more fucking rockets and get out. Mars. The new planet we know is there but just can't see? Shit the end is near.
 
CBS New York

February 25, 2016

"The truck ban for the upper level of the George Washington Bridge was put into effect at around 9:40 p.m." A semi trailer flipped over on the George Washington Bridge, due to high winds.

De Blasio issued a travel advisory. Tornado watch in effect.

"Enhanced intensity." "Increased intensity."
"Elevated warnings."

http://abc7ny.com/traffic/wind-caus...overturn-on-george-washington-bridge/1217734/

This month, Chicago residents were surprised by the strength of the wind gusts
February 19, 2016

National Weather Service issued a high wind warning until 6 p.m. Friday

The high winds not only created major disruptions to area transportation with many delays and cancellations to air and train travel, but also caused widespread damage to trees, power lines, windows and roofs.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/weather/ct-wea-0220-summary-20160219-story.html


Another winter storm was named by The Weather Channel.

Blzzard dumped as much as 15 inches of snow in northwest Indiana.

Service was suspended because of Northern Indiana Public Service Company-related damage caused by the blizzard, according to a statement posted to the Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District website.

Shronts said high winds were a factor in making the roads impassable, but he said the winds had died down as of Thursday morning. He said that at one point, about 31 cars were stuck in one area.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-indiana-blizzard-20160226-story.html

National Weather Service reported snowfall was expected to taper off by noon but gusty winds could cause heavy drifting in some areas.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/02/25/weather-snow/80917642/

Thursday’s high temp will be about 34 degrees. This afternoon, wind speeds will reach 25-30 miles per hour.


Wind advisory for MA
Wind Advisory: Issued at: 4:41 am EST on February 25, 2016, expires at: 7:00 PM EST on February 25, 2016
 
Saw this..had to post it before I leave.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/26/s...models-are-failing-to-predict-global-warming/

Climate Change, Global Warming. AGW. Global Cooling. It's a religion folks.
It continues to be too fucking hot. There are no metrics showing that climate change is reversing at all, anywhere.

Burning fossil fuels has led to global warming, and continuing to burn fossil fuels will lead to more global warming. There is no scientific evidence to suggest otherwise. Zero. The only religious aspect are the deniers who think that the earth will return to cooler temps, without any mechanism or evidence to point to.
 
Alla is raining on the parade of dipshitery in the South!

Severe thunderstorms pound Southern states causing flooding, road closures

Go ahead Florida, vote for Drumpf!

Mike Steele, a spokesman for the Louisiana emergency office, said areas of the state had received more than 2 feet (60 cm) of rain during the deluge. Early figures showed 2,500 homes damaged across the state, and 1,100 people had been rescued from the high water in one parish, Tangipahoa, alone, he said.

“We could be seeing more problems as rivers start to crest,” he said.

The National Weather Service issued severe thunderstorm warnings for seven parishes in the northern part of Louisiana, with winds gusting to 60 miles per hour (97 kph).

It also extended flash flood warnings in northwestern Louisiana, and said more rain was likely from Texas to Mississippi.

A cold front sweeping into the area from the Rocky Mountains on Sunday probably will spawn more severe weather, complicating recovery efforts, the weather service said.
 
I've built high enough on a ridge to watch climate change nonbelievers living down on the coast go glub, glub.
 
Louisiana men go fishing on flooded interstate

STONEWALL, La., March 11 (UPI) -- A trio of Louisiana men made the best of the state's severe flooding by climbing into a small boat and going fishing on the highway.

A video posted to YouTube by NZP Storm Chasers shows three locals near Stonewall, La., boating down Interstate 49 March 10 in the search of some fish on the flooded road.
 
Another weather system, becomes a mega- storm worthy of a name.

Winter Storm Regis 2016

Regis first brought snow to parts of the Rockies, including Denver, Thursday into Friday. Light snow accumulations were reported from Regis on Saturday in the far northwest suburbs of Washington, D.C. and parts of the central Appalachians.

Why Was this Such a Difficult Forecast

Nor'easters are often a forecast challenge, but this particular system gave meteorologists whose task is to interpret various computer forecast model guidance into forecasts a headache.

One of the reasons for the uncertainty was a complicated upper-level pattern.

It wasn't simply just one upper-level system giving birth to offshore low pressure, but rather a complex interaction of (A) a digging shortwave trough from the Rockies, (B) a remnant circulation from a stalled gyre of low pressure over the Upper Midwest and (C) a sharp southward dip in the jet stream nosediving southeastward from Canada.



https://www.wunderground.com/news/winter-storm-regis-noreaster-snow-new-england-boston-providence



March 18, 2005

Avid "Seinfeld" fans might remember the episode when Jerry's friend, George, was desperately trying to find a way to postpone his impending Christmastime wedding with his fiancee, Susan. He finally comes up with a solution:

"Have the wedding on March 21 - the first day of spring!"

Unfortunately, if George had gone through with the nuptials (and Seinfeld aficionados know why he never did), he would have been a full day late. You see, in America, spring no longer falls on March 21. In 2005, for instance, the vernal equinox, the first day of spring for the Northern Hemisphere, comes on Sunday, March 20 at 12:33 GMT, or 7:33 a.m. EST (4:33 a.m. PST).



While it's true that we've traditionally celebrated the beginning of spring on March 21, astronomers and calendar manufacturers alike now say that the spring season starts one day earlier, March 20, in all time zones in North America. Unheard of? Not if you look at the statistics. In fact, did you know that during the 20th Century, March 21 was actually the exception rather than the rule?

The vernal equinox landed on March 21, only 36 out of 100 years. And from 1981 to 2102, Americans will celebrate the first day of spring no later than March 20.

In the years 2008 and 2012, those living in Alaska, Hawaii and the Pacific, Mountain and Central time zones will see spring begin even earlier: on March 19. And in 2016, it will start on March 19 for the entire United States.


http://www******.com/


If you're ready to see blooming flowers and sunny skies, it may help to know that this year's spring equinox will be the earliest to arrive in 120 years, largely because of an old rule governing leap years, experts said.

There are two equinoxes (taken from the Latin words aequus for "equal" and nox for "night") each year, marking the start of spring and fall. On these days, there are nearly equal amounts of daylight and darkness.

Usually, the spring equinox happens on March 20 or 21. But the 2016 spring equinox will happen during the very early hours of Sunday (March 20) at 12:30 a.m. EDT, making it the earliest spring equinox since 1896.

http://m.livescience.com/54103-why-spring-equinox-is-early.html


The spring equinox will happen at 11:50 p.m. EDT on March 19, 2020. Four years after that, it will happen even earlier, at 11:06 p.m. EDT on March 19, 2024.
The year 2096 will have the earliest March equinox of the century, occurring at 10:03 p.m. EDT on March 19, according to EarthSky.
However, because the year 2100 is not a leap year (thanks to the Pope's rule), the spring equinox will happen later that year, by about one-quarter of a day, EarthSky reported. So, in the year 2100, the spring equinox will happen at 9:01 a.m. EDT March 20, according to drik Panchang, a website about the Hindu calendar.
 


...climate change has not produced more frequent nor more costly hurricanes nor other weather-related events covered by insurance...
-Warren E. Buffett
Chairman
Berkshire Hathaway Corporation
Letter To Shareholders
2015 Annual Report​





 
I can only say, what is in my heart, and speak from my own experience, when it applies to my fears.

I have had an "Oh, no! Fuck, fuck, fuck" moment.

The jet stream was coming from the completely wrong direction.
It followed the deep ocean stream that is closest to the shore of
the East coast.

It flows from the Northernmost point, to the South!

This is, wrong, wrong, wrong!

Yes, March weather is sometimes very miserable for the North East coast.
The storms before St. Patrick's day, are wind driven, and the cold rains chill to the bone.

But it flows down from the Great Lakes, or from a Western storm system that drags Northern cold down and across to the Northeastern shores.
Not, Nova Scotia.
New England sends storms up, to Nova Scotia.

Is this how it starts ?

The Gulf Stream gets blocked, and is shunted away from the shores of New England?
The flow to the North never reaches the New England shores ?

New England enjoyed many sunny, warm, dry days, this Winter.
Interspersed with brutal Artic cold.
That is fucking abnormal.

I know, that I have monotonously repeated the phrase," New Normal."

This new normal has no sense of moderation.
It runs to extremes.

We celebrate Spring's arrival.
Persephone has been allowed to emerge from the depths of Hade's darkness.

So far, we have had a winter of endless snow.
We have had a dry winter, with abnormally high temperatures accompanied by abnormally cold temperatures.

I am a short lived mortal, born of short lived mortals.
Once, in a lifetime, was the old rule, that operated during my parent's lifetime.

The weather was moderate enough, that New England crops and forage were sufficient to allow survival of generations.

We had a summer of endless rain. Really clucking soggy.
We had a summer of endless drought.
People cried, when the rain passed them by, and the rain poured itself over the ocean.
Now, the seasonal, rare, measured threat of hurricanes, has been replaced by tornadoes on the shores!

1999 was a violent and deadly warning.
We did not heed it.
 


...climate change has not produced more frequent nor more costly hurricanes nor other weather-related events covered by insurance...
-Warren E. Buffett
Chairman
Berkshire Hathaway Corporation
Letter To Shareholders
2015 Annual Report​



"...in the few states where we are allowed to offer coverage."
 
"...in the few states where we are allowed to offer coverage."
Context, context. Funny how liars need only change the context in order to propagate their lies. Play the Faux Nuze trick: If someone announces, "If anyone says I'm a Nazi, they're lying," Faux will loop it as "I'm a Nazi... I'm a Nazi... I'm a Nazi..."

Bullshit is so easy.
 
When did the UK start giving their storms names ?

Storm Kate 2016


Who was on the dartboard, fated to be smacked ?

Heavy rain and strong winds have swept across England and Wales as Storm Katie hit Britain in the run-up to Easter Monday.

Bridges have been closed, flights diverted and buildings have partially collapsed as gusts of up to 100 mph arrived in southern parts of the UK.

Other damage has come to light following a night in which Twitter buzzed with complaints of sleeplessness.

The Met Office has issued amber wind warnings for London and the South-east, and has also put the east and south-west of England and south Wales on yellow alert for rain.

More than 150 flood warnings have also been issued by the Environment Agency following heavy rain and rising river levels.


http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-rain-met-office-severe-warning-a6956181.html


A bit breezy ?

Greenwhich

"Emergency services have evacuated the area where a crane was folded almost on itself by winds."
 
This is a bit confusing.


Met Office loses BBC weather forecasting contract
The Met Office said it was disappointed by the decision.
A replacement is expected to take over next year.
23 August 2015


Met Office has announced that from now on big winter storms will have names – and as these will follow an alphabetical order, the first will be Abigail
20 Oct 2015


Barney, Desmond, Steve, Tegan and Wendy are among the names chosen by members of the public to identify future storms affecting the UK and Ireland.

The Met Office announced the results after receiving thousands of responses via email, Facebook and Twitter.

It is hoped that naming storms will help raise awareness of severe weather and ensure people protect themselves.

A storm will be named when it is deemed potentially able to cause "substantial" impact on the UK or Ireland.

The full list of names chosen for future selection are: Abigail, Barney, Clodagh, Desmond, Eva, Frank, Gertrude, Henry, Imogen, Jake, Katie, Lawrence, Mary, Nigel, Orla, Phil, Rhonda, Steve, Tegan, Vernon and Wendy.


http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-34578310

Katie 2016 !


It seems as though the BBC is serious about saving money, this year...
I have been trying to affirm who the Met Office was replaced with.

It is a slog!
 
They ought to name the next big Blow, Donald or Teddy and if they can find one that sucks Hillary. :D
 
The US Navy built the world's largest fleet of submarines in WWII. They traditionally named subs after fish. They were forced to invent many fish names due to that construction surge. These were later used by biologists to name newly discovered fish.

I propose an international storm-naming board assigned to, yeah, invent storm names. They should work up a decade-long backlog, just in case. Names should be taken from numerous cultures worldwide. I eagerly await tropical storm Cowabunga Motherfucker.
 
*tip of the hat to Rob Down South for the link*


"Historic Flooding Ongoing as Houston Records Its Rainiest Day Ever"

The National Weather Service has called Monday’s flooding “historic"

More than 17 inches of rainfall has fallen in just the past 24 hours in some neighborhoods, with about 1 foot of rain coming just since midnight—already making Monday the rainiest day ever in Houston before noon.

Officials in Harris County, where Houston is located, have declared a disaster area and estimate at least 1,000 homes have already been flooded. More than half the watersheds in Harris County are experiencing significant flooding, with at least one cresting above its estimated 500-year flood mark, a new all-time record. Bayous and creeks have overtopped levees in some parts of Houston, and the water continues to rise, with downtown Houston also in the direct path of some of the worst floodwaters.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...te_change.html

Harris County officials reported nearly 900 water rescues in the city of Houston alone and 1,222 total early Monday afternoon.

More than 100,000 customers lost power in the Houston metro area due to the flooding, according to the Houston Chronicle.

The National Weather Service in Houston said there were more than 70 subdivisions flooded in the metro area.

https://www.wunderground.com/news/ho...ooding-impacts
 
Last edited:
What do you say, when an event that formerly only happened once in 500 years, suddenly begins to be a frequent occurrence ?

Meteorologist Jeff Lindner told the Houston Press that one region didn't just hit the "500-year" mark for water levels — it beat it, by 2 inches.


http://www.houstonpress.com/news/as...toric-houston-floods-claim-five-lives-8335647

" 240 billion gallons of water fell across the (Houston) region — enough to surge through Niagara Falls for 88 consecutive hours."


http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...oods-continue-at-least-5-people-reported-dead

More sinkholes ?

Elsewhere, a massive sinkhole opened up along FM 1094 at New Ulm and Cat Spring, a retaining wall collapsed near Highway 290 and Huffmeister, and stacks of lumber floated down the road like rafts outside Cactus Music Music along South Shepherd Street.

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/as...toric-houston-floods-claim-five-lives-8335647
 
I do not comprehend why the meteorologist is slanting the truth.
We have brush fire warnings all over the state of Massachusetts.
To the north of us, is serious drought. There are worries that
there will be drastic forest fires.

Goodness knows, the USA has seen enough of those.

It was not a normal winter. It has not been a
normal Spring.

At least he said it was abnormally warm, recently.
Yes, people did resort to using the AC.
It hit 80F on some parts of the dartboard.

The average normally hovers around 50F.

It is freakish to be sweating in the hot sun,
only to be told to expect snow.

If it were not for the farmer's seedlings,
and the apple blossoms, I would say
let it snow.
(As it is, we have frost warnings, today. Yay, Canada.)

The rain systems merely spit at us.
It has not been an abundant Spring.
Another year, we worry as we watch
beneficial rain pour itself into the ocean.

What is new, is our relief when the storm
front gives each town a miss.
The new Tornado Alley East taught us fear.
We stared at the tall dust devil,
whirling inside the traffic intersection.
We do not get dust devils, here in Boston.
(We did not expect to see a tornado in Boston, before...)
A year later, a dust devil in China
hurls the bodies of children.

Everything should be soggy, now.
This is not California.

Even in our glory, at having a beach day
in April during a school day, it was not hot.
We swam despite the cool weather and the cold ocean.
The sun was shining, we had Spring Fever, and
we were teenagers.

Bravado and joie de vivre are what drove us.
Not abnormally warm temperatures.
 
Fort McMurray fire: most of Canadian city evacuated as blaze engulfs homes

Fort McMurray is the capital of Alberta’s oil sands region

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/03/wildfire-alberta-canada-fort-mcmurray-evacuation

Unseasonably hot temperatures combined with dry conditions have transformed the boreal forest in much of Alberta into a tinder box. The wildfire threat is ranging from very high to extreme.

The Alberta government banned all open fires except in designated camping sites in forested areas due to the threat. There were about 30 fires burning in the province.

The province was calling in more reinforcements to Fort McMurray, including 100 more firefighters and a giant helicopter that can dump more than 2,000 liters (500 gallons) of water at a time.

Severe and historic fires, all over the world

http://www.theguardian.com/world/wildfires

Janae Copelin became an Instagram sensation with her snap of a firenado caused by crop-burning in Missouri. "This had to be the coolest/scariest thing I've ever seen," she wrote. In 2012, cameraman Chris Tangey captured one on video in the Australian outback, which became a global news item.


Firenadoes can be fantastically destructive. They can reignite ashes and spread burning debris for miles, and generate huge and dangerous wind speeds. Investigations into a catastrophic bush fire in Canberra in 2003, for example, found a 25km-long strip running through the middle of the burnt area where trees had been snapped off and cars lifted off the ground. The fire had, in fact, created a 250km/h tornado.

What is so unusual, or deadly, or threatening, about a fire whirl ?

This is not your grandmother's firestorm.
These are not your grandmother's tornadoes.

Ken Burns: Dust Bowl the Greatest Man-Made Eco Disaster in U.S. History

Burns and and his team tracked down the last remaining survivors of the catastrophic dust storms of the 1930s and matched their intimate stories (most were children at the time) with lush archival footage.


http://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...t-man-made-eco-disaster-in-us-history/265249/


Millions of acres of crops were obliterated, thousands of residents were killed and countless budding farmers were chased from their way of life.


https://weather.com/news/news/burns-dustbowl-documentary-20121113


http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/dustbowl/
 
Back
Top