Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk > BDSM Cafe

Old 10-25-2014, 11:08 PM   #1026
ecstaticsub
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by redslady View Post
Debated whether to post this here or in the Pissed Off thread. However seeing as it has to do with this cell fucker I decided to post here.

After many talks, my Drs. and I decided to go after said cell fucker aggressively. A plan for 40 radiation and 8 Chemos in an eight week period. Got half way through when a dear friend came over with a treat and stayed for a long visit. It wasn't till she had been here for a while when she mentioned, very casually, that she's been fighting off a really bad cold. Great

Needless to say, because my resistance is down, I got sick. I've been struggling with bronchitis for several weeks now. I haven't even been able to sleep in our bed, sleep, when I can get any, is now done in the recliner, can't breath if I'm laying flat.

All treatment came to a halt.

Yesterday I was told that since it's been so long since my last treatment I'll have to start all over again.

Please, please lit friends, I understand that we want to show our support for our family and friends when they are battling this beast, but if you are even the least bit sick STAY AWAY. Fighting this fucker is hard enough without adding more into the mix.

Love and positive vibes to everyone.
Thank you for the reminder. A very dear friend of mine who was diagnosed with lung cancer with mets to the brain has been undergoing chemo since the spring. She hasn't not wanted visitors so I haven't seen her since her last day of work months ago. She called yesterday to tell me that she has chosen to stop chemo. I asked her if she wanted visitors and she again said no. Though it pains me greatly to know I will never see her alive again I respect that she wants to save her energy for her close family.

Your reminder is also something to keep in mind. She is so susceptible to infection right now, she doesn't need me bringing in anything from the outside.

redslady ~ So sorry to hear you have to start the chemo regimen over again. Best wishes and positive thoughts

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."~~~Frieda Norris The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Old 10-26-2014, 11:16 AM   #1027
midwestyankee
Master of Maintenance Sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasashii_Kaze View Post

I'm with SW right now. He is resting and has been so increasingly the past few days. He loves the cat and calls it Soft Kitty. I've nicknamed it Sheldon.
Purr, purr, purr.

"I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit a better argument than that." Internet poster by your ecards.

Old 10-26-2014, 07:19 PM   #1028
Niam1985
carpe diem

Hugs YK.Big ones. Pass a few gentle ones on to SW.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:54 PM   #1029
Yasashii_Kaze
Corgi on Stilts

I had a conversation with a friend on Facebook. I don't know if it will help anyone here, but I wanted to share a bit from it just in case.

ME:
"He doesn't always recognize me but he remembers my name. When I came in to see him Friday, he asked who I was and when I told him, he said "Hello, Love." It's getting easier in some ways. I know a day may come that he forgets what the name means to him, but he hasn't yet. He still raises my hand to his lips to kiss it, or tries to kiss the top of my head if I'm resting it on his chest. I truly believe that if he forgets who I am, it will be the last thing he ever does. I have been so lucky to be loved so deeply."

FRIEND: "My friends grandma has Alzheimer's really bad. She LOVED children, and cared for hordes of children her entire life. In the last couple years she has pretty much lost all ability to function or do anything for herself, but she can still pick up a baby, hold it on her lap and make it smile. If she were stronger she would have no problem changing, feeding etc. but those things she can't even do for herself"

ME: "You know, there's a thing called muscle memory that we talk about as artists. I know it's in many fields, but for us, it's when you've practiced your brush/pencil strokes so many times that your body knows what to do and you don't have to think about it, you just let the memory of what you've always done guide your arm along. I think that applies here."

Help find a cure!

Old 10-26-2014, 11:18 PM   #1030
graceanne
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasashii_Kaze View Post
I had a conversation with a friend on Facebook. I don't know if it will help anyone here, but I wanted to share a bit from it just in case.

ME:
"He doesn't always recognize me but he remembers my name. When I came in to see him Friday, he asked who I was and when I told him, he said "Hello, Love." It's getting easier in some ways. I know a day may come that he forgets what the name means to him, but he hasn't yet. He still raises my hand to his lips to kiss it, or tries to kiss the top of my head if I'm resting it on his chest. I truly believe that if he forgets who I am, it will be the last thing he ever does. I have been so lucky to be loved so deeply."
That is one of the most moving things I've read in a long time. *hugs*

Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world,
had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap.
~Barbara Jordan
*~*~*
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
*~*~*
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs - jolted by every pebble on the road.
~Henry Ward Beecher
*~*~*
You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old when you stop laughing.
~Michael Pritchard

*~*~*

My Stories

Old 10-27-2014, 12:54 AM   #1031
Collar_N_Cuffs
Clink kink

Sir Winston

Hi YK -
I have not had the privilege of getting know either of you closely, but your posts touch my heart. I have been where you are, three times. I have always consoled myself by knowing that regardless of where our loved ones mind is at, I know that if I were them, I would be so comforted by the company of someone who claims to love me, so reassured to have a hand in mine and a smiling face to look into. It is not easy, it's heartbreaking. But it's all we can do, and it is what we would need if our places were reversed. Strength and fortitude and universal love headed in your direction.
Please remember, we all have a path. You can only throw flowers on his at this point. Even though they be plucked from your own heart. Peace be with you.

And a big, giant FUCK YOU CANCER!!
Thieving bastard.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:10 AM   #1032
Yasashii_Kaze
Corgi on Stilts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collar_N_Cuffs View Post
Hi YK -
I have not had the privilege of getting know either of you closely, but your posts touch my heart. I have been where you are, three times. I have always consoled myself by knowing that regardless of where our loved ones mind is at, I know that if I were them, I would be so comforted by the company of someone who claims to love me, so reassured to have a hand in mine and a smiling face to look into. It is not easy, it's heartbreaking. But it's all we can do, and it is what we would need if our places were reversed. Strength and fortitude and universal love headed in your direction.
Please remember, we all have a path. You can only throw flowers on his at this point. Even though they be plucked from your own heart. Peace be with you.

And a big, giant FUCK YOU CANCER!!
Thieving bastard.

Help find a cure!

Old 10-28-2014, 12:20 PM   #1033
intothewoods
Truth seeker

Just wanted to leave my good thoughts and love for YK and SW. Thinking of you both.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:31 PM   #1034
Niam1985
carpe diem

YK, you are truly lucky. Love is everything.
Hugs.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:19 PM   #1035
Curious_in_Cali
~watering pretty things~

Antennas polished up and gleaming on my golden coast to support everything that hurts.

Much love and comfort to you all.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:40 PM   #1036
DeepGreenEyes
Word spanker

YK and SW.

Know that you are love and you are loved.

Yeah, but, shit.

FYC!!!!!!!

"A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
---Willy Wonka

~ Some poems

~ Save second base

Old Yesterday, 10:11 AM   #1037
Keroin
aKwatic

On the road again soon but wanted to leave my love here for YK and SW before I go.

Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM   #1038
DeepGreenEyes
Word spanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redslady View Post
Debated whether to post this here or in the Pissed Off thread. However seeing as it has to do with this cell fucker I decided to post here.

After many talks, my Drs. and I decided to go after said cell fucker aggressively. A plan for 40 radiation and 8 Chemos in an eight week period. Got half way through when a dear friend came over with a treat and stayed for a long visit. It wasn't till she had been here for a while when she mentioned, very casually, that she's been fighting off a really bad cold. Great

Needless to say, because my resistance is down, I got sick. I've been struggling with bronchitis for several weeks now. I haven't even been able to sleep in our bed, sleep, when I can get any, is now done in the recliner, can't breath if I'm laying flat.

All treatment came to a halt.

Yesterday I was told that since it's been so long since my last treatment I'll have to start all over again.

Please, please lit friends, I understand that we want to show our support for our family and friends when they are battling this beast, but if you are even the least bit sick STAY AWAY. Fighting this fucker is hard enough without adding more into the mix.

Love and positive vibes to everyone.

FYC

Ps...Depression sucks
Well, fuck. I'm sorry to hear this, reds. The cure, in so many things, is such a kick to the gut. Whoever gets up is the winner.

Redslady vs. cellfucker. So ... this.

And I would never bet against you.

"A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
---Willy Wonka

~ Some poems

~ Save second base

Last edited by DeepGreenEyes : Yesterday at 10:17 PM.