Free association thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: how dare you. I cook the potatoes properly, I don't use SMASH! Bad wolf, I shall smack your nose.
:kiss:

ugh at Smash! smack me and I will bit you back!:kiss:

Shepherds Pie - like I'm cooking now. Properly. All from scratch!

Custard Pie, and The Rover (love that Jimmy Page riff and chord progression)

Tang? The Ming Dynasty was much more interesting; better porcelain, not so auspicious poetry though.

Ah. And here we hit a slight snag.

Described in one of the books I was reading at the time was a 'T'ang horse'.
The writer went on to describe it is some detail (most of which I can no longer remember,; it was thirty years ago).
Quite by chance I happened to be in a 'Stately home' house in Yorkshire and there were several glass cabinets with some of the collection of jade and other oriental stuff which was fascinating. Then I saw it.
I knew what it was before I read the label. A T'ang horse.
It was beautiful.
It made my day.
:)

Ah. And here we hit a slight snag.

Described in one of the books I was reading at the time was a 'T'ang horse'.
The writer went on to describe it is some detail (most of which I can no longer remember,; it was thirty years ago).
Quite by chance I happened to be in a 'Stately home' house in Yorkshire and there were several glass cabinets with some of the collection of jade and other oriental stuff which was fascinating. Then I saw it.
I knew what it was before I read the label. A T'ang horse.
It was beautiful.
It made my day.
:)

HP, that was such a lovely story that I shall forgive you skipping me (and Ogg). I feel like that when I unexpectedly see a Samuel Palmer painting.

I was in one of the Parisian galleries once, too, when I heard a voice behind me say: "There she is!" It was an American accent and when I turned round I saw an elderly couple approaching one of Degas's bronze statues of a young ballet dancer. Their faces were lit up with pleasure - as if they had bumped into an old friend and a thing of beauty combined. I had a vision of them going all round Europe, perhaps the world, seeking out Degas's lovely dancers together.
:rose:

HP, that was such a lovely story that I shall forgive you skipping me (and Ogg). I feel like that when I unexpectedly see a Samuel Palmer painting.

I was in one of the Parisian galleries once, too, when I heard a voice behind me say: "There she is!" It was an American accent and when I turned round I saw an elderly couple approaching one of Degas's bronze statues of a young ballet dancer. Their faces were lit up with pleasure - as if they had bumped into an old friend and a thing of beauty combined. I had a vision of them going all round Europe, perhaps the world, seeking out Degas's lovely dancers together.
:rose:

A 'private dancer', perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back