Tom Petty

If you need a safe space, there's the GB Lounge. Maybe people will be nice to you there.

What's always nice about getting worthless, unsolicited advice from you is I always get exactly what I pay for.

Keep standing by ready, putz...

...I'll fart again when I need you.
 
What's always nice about getting worthless, unsolicited advice from you is I always get exactly what I pay for.

Keep standing by ready, putz...

...I'll fart again when I need you.

You are not on topic. Please leave this thread.
 
You are not on topic. Please leave this thread.

roflmao.gif


Blow that socialist mommyism out your Elsie ass, playgrounder.
 
source

Describing her ranting at Rolling Stone, which fair do, if a magazine had reported my alive father as dead I'd be a bit pissed too.

source 2

Kimberly took to her Instagram to write a note to Rolling Stone, who had previously stated that Tom had passed away after being found in cardiac arrest.

“my dad is not dead yet but your f**king magazine is…How dare you report that my father has died just to get press because your articles and photos are so dated…This is my father not a celebrity. An artist and human being. F**k u,” Kimberly wrote.

She later added that Tom‘s band is at the hospital with him, writing, “Band is here with my dad sweetest coolest people.”
 
Confirmed by his management. Family and band were with him. He died at 8:40 PM Pacific time.
 
Lesson: First reports of ANYTHING are often confused.
But: They make great fodder for conspiracy theorists.
So: Wait for confirmed facts. Patience, grasshopper...
 
From another thread this morning:


I am truly saddened to see that Tom Petty has passed. I swear by Buddha's big beautiful brass balls that bang a gong that I just watched The Postman yesterday afternoon, a movie in which he has a cameo...

You're famous!

Well, I used to be...
 
I loved any an all Tom Petty songs or collaborations.

An artist for sure.
 
Sad. The dude wanted to spend time with his grandchild... Fuck. Shoulda been me to go, instead.
 
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/tom-pettys-cause-of-death-accidental-overdose-w515472

After months of speculation, a medical examiner has ruled that Tom Petty died of an accidental overdose, according to a statement from the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner. The Hall of Fame musician had taken several pain medications, including Fentanyl, oxycodone and generic Xanax. Other medications included generic Restoril (a sleep aid) and generic Celexa (which treats depression).

The coroner's office listed Petty's official cause of death as "multisystem organ failure due to resuscitated cardiopulmonary arrest due to mixed drug toxicity," noting the singer suffered from coronary artery atherosclerosis and emphysema.

Petty had been prescribed the drugs to treat emphysema, knee issues and a fractured hip, his family said in a statement accompanying the results. Petty's coronary artery disease had been a persistent problem throughout his final tour.

"Despite this painful injury, he insisted on keeping his commitment to his fans and he toured for 53 dates with a fractured hip and, as he did, it worsened to a more serious injury," Petty's wife Dana and daughter Adria wrote in the statement. "On the day he died, he was informed his hip had graduated to a full-on break and it is our feeling that the pain was simply unbearable and was the cause for his overuse of medication."
 
Back
Top