Avatar AU: Recruiting and OOC

kittenofdeath

*Confused screeching*
Joined
Jun 27, 2007
Posts
9,628
Alright folks, been mulling this one over in my head for about two weeks now, and I find if an idea stays with me that long it isn't going anywhere, so without further delay, here is the latest in my series of horrible ideas that make up my writing here.

AVATAR AU: THE LEGEND OF KORRO

"Earth. Wind. Fire. Water. Only the Avatar, the bridge between the real world and the spirit realm, can master all five elements and bring balance to the world. Twelve years ago, agents of the Red Lotus, a traitorous offshoot of the White Lotus, made an attempt on the life of the Avatar, and while they might not have been successful, in the chaos of battle, the Avatar disappeared. Now, the world looks to Republic City, Capital of the United Republic of Nations, to guide them through the darkness."

This story will be a retelling of the show 'Avatar: the legend of Korra', it will stay true to the show in some ways, but with various changes, namely the central characters will change to those played by us. For example, I will be playing Korro, the absentee Avatar, who will be similar to Korra in many ways, but different in many other, such as the fact that he'll be a guy, because I am better at writing from a male perspective.

In addition to this, I have a number of ideas and plans for slight tweaks to the storyline to make it flow better as opposed to the single season planning that the original show had. If any of you have some ideas of your own then I'd love to hear them as well.

On to characters, I don't need too much in the way of biography for them, just name, appearance, a brief overview of their personality and history, and if they have bending of some kind. For an example I'll post a Bio for Korro below so you know the kind of stuff I'm looking for. If you are interested, either post here or send me a PM.

Name: Korro
Age: 20
Appearance: http://abrza.deviantart.com/art/GENDERBENDER-316824663 (the one on the left)
Bending Ability: Korro is the Avatar, and as such can bend all elements, though his lack of formal training means hes only skilled with water, and can't actually earthbend at all.
Personality:Korro is a fairly easy going person on the surface, wrapping himself in an air of approachability and a hiding behind a warm smile, because on the inside he fears other people, he'll run headlong in to a fight with someone twice his size over practically nothing, but the idea of actually forming a meaningful relationship with another human being is bane.
Background: Korro cant remember much from before 12 years ago, and whenever he thinks about them he inevitably drifts to the night his family died, but to sum it up, he lived with the White Lotus and barely interacted with the world, his life was lessons and training. After that night, when he ran away in to the blizzard as his so called 'protectors' failed miserably at their job, he traveled the world, petty theft odd jobs and the kindness of strangers keeping him going at first.

As he grew older though, and his skill at bending improved, he found another avenue of income. Underground bending combat, breaking in to the scene was hard, there weren't many places that would let a teenager in the ring, but he managed, eventually just carrying himself with an air of confidence that would persuade any ring he found himself in. It was painful work, and he didn't always win, hell at first his victories were few and far between, so in order to keep himself going, he dreamed, dreamed of being a legitimate pro bender, all the way in republic city where he would be adored by his fans and sleep on a nice comfy bed every night.

Slowly, he made his way through the world, fighting and training as he went, and eventually, he made the leap, booking a ticket from the fire nation to Republic city, where he would find the fame he craved.
 
Back
Top