"I Feel the Earth Move (Under My Feet)." -Terra/The Flash. (closed for Vail_Indigo)

ChasNicollette

Allons-y Means Let's Go.
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Posts
16,135
"I Feel the Earth Move (Under My Feet)." -Terra/The Flash. (closed for Vail_Indigo)

(( Spun off from LuckyVic's "Earth 3," found here. Read for further backstory. ))
(( Here you'll find bios for Tara "Terra" Markov & Jessi Allen/The Flash. ))
********​

As a child, a man came from the stars to be the savior of all man kind and light our darkest hour against the blight of his homeworld. This is not his story.

That man inspired and brought together a league of heroes unlike any others in order to combat the threats that even he could not stand against alone. This is not their story either.

But somewhere in the mix and muddle of thwarting evil and becoming in league with each other, two women met whose lives had been screwed over and remade by extraterrestrial science and extradimensional energy.

And they forged a bond.

It has been some months since The Justice League first formed, and since they once again parted ways until such time as they all were needed again.

Tara Markov, once a ward of STAR-Labs, has proven unable to relinquish the freedom of the open air having sampled it again, and return to the secure catacombs of STAR. Without her cooperation to ensure further functional experimentation, STAR has withdrawn their support for her project, and she has been left to her own devices.

Mika Sovette, Tara's onetime handler, finds herself chagrined by this but resigned to it.

Her new friends, however, Jessi Allen and her (very) alter ego The Flash, are less willing to give her up.


********​

"I still say we could use a doodad for this hoodoo," The Flash grumbled, adjusting her golden visor. "Some kind of new specialized weather-sensitive equipment?"

'That's cute,' Jessi drawled from in the back of The Flash's head. 'And what, we check it out of STAR like it's a library? "What do you need that for, Allen?" "Oh, nothing, just need to check some localized seismic anomalies." "What sort of seismic anomalies?" they'd ask as they hit the security button under the desk. "UM NOT THE SORT EXUDED BY THE MARKOV GIRL RUUUUUUN."'

"Yeah, yeah," The Flash grumbled as she stood atop a rocky rise in one of the more thickly-wooded areas of Centennial Park. Honestly, if Tara wasn't here, they'd have to start looking further west out of the city, like at the bottom of Mount Curtiss. "Fine, so we can't bust out a tricorder without red-alerting STARfleet to our resident earthmover. No worries, I'll be your tuning fork. There's just few phrases I hate more than-- 'systematic grid search.'"

'It'll be worth it when we find her,' Jessi promised. 'But I think you know that already.'

The Flash squared her shoulders, and hunkered down close to the ground, and closed her eyes. Holding her palm out downward over the ground and about a foot above, she started to-- hummmmm. She vibrated her hand-- internalizing her near-superluminal speed so as to create molecular-level vibrations-- and then fine-tuning those vibrations--

--harmonizing--

--synchronizing--

--her golden eyes snapped open again behind that golden visor.

"This way. This way! I feel the emanations of her Chaos Field--"

'Slowly. Sloooooowly. One stride at a time. If you start zipping over there she'll pick your footfalls up the same way you're scanning for her, through the vibrations of The Earth-- and we don't want to spook her off.'

"Chill, den-mama, I got this, easy with the as-you-know exposition."

And so The Flash did, picking her way nimbly but slowly through the wooded grove at the heart of the wildest part of Centennial Park...

...only to find...

"Whoa."

'...yeah. ...whoa.'
 
Last edited:
More slabs rose from the ground.

More monoliths fell against each other and collapsed.

"Maybe I should just buy a fucking tent."

The Flash watched with golden eyes and Jessi watched through The Flash's eyes as Tara struggled to maintain her creations.

And the Flash smiled ever so softly, leaning against a tree with her arms crossed over her tummy.

"You want I should run get you reference photos of Stonehenge or something? Bet you could set up a killer tent over that, like a frickin' circus pavilion."

'Wait,' Jessi frowned audibly in the back of The Flash's mind. 'Is she-- is she actively-- like-- living out here?'

The Flash hesitated-- and not a lot of things could do that, make her hesitate.

But the idea of Tara scraping out an existence in the weird weather Metropolis had had since The World Engine had tried to krypto-form Earth-- that made her rapid-beating heart thud up hard into her throat.

"Or we could get you something with an actual roof."
 
Back
Top