Writing Challenge ~ January 2015 ~ Comments and Reviews

Britwitch

Classically curvy
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Posts
23,086
WRITING CHALLENGE REVIEW THREAD ~ JANUARY 2015​

Just a few little rules for this thread:-

• This thread is for comments and reviews only. Submissions go here!

• Please keep your comments focused on the pieces posted for the challenge running from 4th – 30th January 2015 only, this is not really intended to be a thread for conversation/flirting/mayhem and so on (Sorry to be a bore!). Writers should be able to find reviews/comments for their pieces without having to trawl through pages of banter (no matter how amusing/sexy it might be!) :)

Readers/Reviewers:- Please keep your comments and reviews polite and, wherever possible, positive. If you have constructive criticism or advice for writers please do give it but be polite about it! You don’t have to like everything you read but if you really don’t have anything nice to say about something then I would suggest you refrain from posting. And if all you want to say is you liked a piece and no more…that’s great too! We all know how writers like to be appreciated! ;)

Authors:- Please take constructive criticism as it is intended, as an attempt at improving possible flaws/problems/areas of confusion in your piece. They are not (hopefully!) personal attacks on you or your work.

• This is supposed to be a fun way to get to know new writers and potential partners, to exercise our writing brains, it’s not a competition, please keep that in mind!

• One more thing…suggestions for future prompts are very welcome and should be PM’d to me – Britwitch – as a link ideally. :)

Previous challenges and reviews can be found here.

Happy reading!
 
I haven't been around much, but Brit's challenge thread is always a good place to catch up.

PS - always lovely to read your work. It is refreshing to read such an optimistic story. It makes one feel good to read it and that is something special indeed.

Freek - you took me back to school, maths particularly, and I didn't even scowl or frown as I read it! Half my mind was on my past even as I read your piece. I really like that.

DreamCloud - we all like a happy ending, at least I do. Thanks. :)
 
Finally managed to get mine up, even though (true to form!) it's far too long and may not make sense. Anyway.... :D

Untitled ~ prettyserpentine

Oh I loved this. I did. Hopeful and joyful and full of love. All the things I enjoy in stories like this one. Well done, lovely! :rose:

Maybe Moebius Knew Best ~ fr33ks33k

I want to hear this read aloud, preferably by you! This was an amazing little piece, as they frequently are from you.

Untitled ~ DreamCloud

Short but lovely and ever so sweet.
This was really well written and it's always wonderful to see new faces here in the challenge! :rose:
 
I just posted my first ever challenge - The Gentle Giant. I'm a little intimidated by all the talent, but it was fun to write.
 
walks through banging a pair of steel pan lids together, very loudly

Last day of the challenge everyone!!

Still time to get your pieces up if you've not had chance yet.

And don't forget to leave a few words here for those taking part if you've found the time to read what they've written.

walks out, clanging and crashing all the way
 
Back
Top