Isle of Lesbos II

Hope everyone is having, or has had, a lovely Saturday morning...

My Saturday morning, nor my afternoon, wasn't lovely at all. I had one of those days where I swear I'll never drink again, at least until the next time. But for the most part I did have a lovely Friday night.:)

I was wondering does anyone know how to raise a daughter so that she is not so focused on having a man to feel whole. We always raised our girls to be independent and self reliant, but they both always had to have a man and some of them have been real losers. Appreciate anyone thoughts on that subject. :rose:

I was wondering does anyone know how to raise a daughter so that she is not so focused on having a man to feel whole. We always raised our girls to be independent and self reliant, but they both always had to have a man and some of them have been real losers. Appreciate anyone thoughts on that subject. :rose:
I suspect it's a matter of teaching them the difference between "being horny" and "being in love."
And accepting that "being horny" is a perfectly okay reason to hang out with someone. You don't have to make him the center of your life just because banging him gets you off.

Of course then we get into the whole issue of slut shaming. And you have to help them armour themselves against that.

I'm not sure how I can help you. You've really given us very little info. What ages are your daughters, are they in school, are they outgoing, shy, have all their boyfriends been losers, do they do drug or alcohol? What's your family life like, two parent home, single parent home? I just can't give you quality advice if I don't know more.

I suspect it's a matter of teaching them the difference between "being horny" and "being in love."
And accepting that "being horny" is a perfectly okay reason to hang out with someone. You don't have to make him the center of your life just because banging him gets you off.

Of course then we get into the whole issue of slut shaming. And you have to help them armour themselves against that.

I'm not sure how I can help you. You've really given us very little info. What ages are your daughters, are they in school, are they outgoing, shy, have all their boyfriends been losers, do they do drug or alcohol? What's your family life like, two parent home, single parent home? I just can't give you quality advice if I don't know more.

You two are SO nice.

My first thoughts were to either blow the guy off (which I sorta did) or tell him to get the hell out because this used to be / IS suppose to be a women's only thread.

Guess I'm just a bitch. Fuck it. Men can invade and do as they please. Why not here too?

You two are SO nice.

My first thoughts were to either blow the guy off (which I sorta did) or tell him to get the hell out because this used to be / IS suppose to be a women's only thread.

Guess I'm just a bitch. Fuck it. Men can invade and do as they please. Why not here too?

I almost did and if he'd have been asking something about his sons I would have.

OK! I'm so ashamed of myself next time I'll just shoot first ask questions later.

You really should spank me, ya know!:eek:

I almost did and if he'd have been asking something about his sons I would have.

OK! I'm so ashamed of myself next time I'll just shoot first ask questions later.

Sorry I didn't mean to offend. I really don't care if they loved men or women, I just thought that a lesbian would have a different perspective on the issue that a heterosexual man. I assume that your life experience may be different. I forgot that when you ask a public question of any group you will always find a certain percentage that live life with a permanent chip on their shoulder. Sorry to bother you. :rose:

Sorry I didn't mean to offend. I really don't care if they loved men or women, I just thought that a lesbian would have a different perspective on the issue that a heterosexual man. I assume that your life experience may be different. I forgot that when you ask a public question of any group you will always find a certain percentage that live life with a permanent chip on their shoulder. Sorry to bother you. :rose:

Yeah... ^^ THAT ^^ was what I was talking about.

A dude who gets all pissy, insulting and "offended" when I don't want to interact with him, IN SPITE of this having been included on the very first post (that he obviously either didn't read or didn't give a shit).

I'm starting this thread because I want a place where lesbians, Bi and TG women are free to say, think and be what what they are, without a lot of interaction or posts from men. No offense, guys but sometimes you just want to get away and talk with a sister who "gets it", ya know? (I can't keep you out, but I'd appreciate it if you'd respect the intent of this thread).

Last edited:

Nah - shoot first and shoot later then point at SB and say it was her :)

In Iowa we can carry concealed, so both Amy and I can shoot his ass or wherever.:D

Nah, I wouldn't use a gun. I've studied Kendo for years! I just bought a new naginata that would be perfect for offended dude fixing! :D

BTW, I have a jar on my mantle that is full of things that look like long stem pickled mushrooms... quite attractive actually.. ;)

Stickygirl I'm posting this for all of us to read, actually I was going to start a new thread but I think it would get more attention if you'd do so.

It's about the TV show Katie Couric did on "Growing Up Transgender". I think you'll like this article, the author is trans and kickass, but parts of her article did bring tears to my eyes. Her article also includes a link the show's website where you can watch the show as aired.

http://www.autostraddle.com/trapped...out-trans-people-with-limited-success-159359/

It is a well written review of the Katie Couric show and it's so important that the focus today is on kids by the media. It is far easier for the public to be sympathetic towards children and realise the harm that can be done by suppressing a child's gender identity. Every parent ones sees in this and other shows, have been exemplary, loving parents who are strong enough to admit to their own confusion and trauma as much as being able to accept and support their child.
Who knows, one day transgender and LGB children might not be politely described as 'different' and 'special' but just as ordinary? I'll post a link in a couple of active threads. Thank you ((hug))

Could you guys have a look at the News item I just posted about a White House Petition? I think its genuine.

News Item

Last edited:
Hey thanks - I'll look at that in a moment but first could you guys have a look at the News item I just posted about a White House Petition? I think its genuine.

News Item

I responded in your News post. I think that is dated info. They passed the Senate version that included LGBT, First Nation and immigrant peoples.

Back