Ask a MtF TG a question

Since titles on LGBT News seem to hang about for ever and people must get tired of seeing them, or don't see them at all, it behoves me ( always wanted to use that word ) to post Trans News topics. If you're new to Lit and wonder if all I ever do is be political and gripe about the news, then you can always scroll back through my thread for the juicy stuff. If you want to ask juicy stuff then go right ahead, because the news is all doom and gloom and an occasional ask about my lady bits would be fine ;)
So here's this
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/one-year-on-from-the-caitlyn-jenner-vanity-fair-cover-im-exhausted-trans-people-like-me-deserve-a7059586.html

I got asked quite a bit about Caitlyn when she was first dropped from a B52 and subsequently exploded at altitude over Kardishian territory - what did I think, was she a good thing, does this help.... and I've not changed my views over what is apparently just a year, but feels much, much longer. I too am exhausted to read about how CJ is a spokesperson for everything Trans. Like the author of this very good article, I want to hear about ordinary trans people - how they are helping those around them, how they represent the normal, everyday trans person. I'm fed up of hearing celebrity traw-mah and seeing endless 'before and after' photos.
Talking of those - I don't get them. I mean, I burnt almost every photo of me pre-transition ( apart from ones my family hid from my pyromania and I'm glad they did, now ). What reaction do trans women expect when they post them? It's not like the process is some Cosmo make-up tutorial to provoke a string of Ooos and Aaahs and A-maazings from onlookers who want to compare jawlines and eyebrows. I hated how I was before - I didn't hate me, just what I was, so I just don't get the 'comparison' photos. Maybe next someone will post before and after genitals? Hmmm.... don't think that'll go down too well in the LGBT somehow ;) :D

She's a 'celebrity', so of course the media are all over her, making her the de facto spokesperson for the trans community (whether she deserves it or not, and I argue that she does not). They'd be better off listening to Laverne Cox or Janet Mock. If a Kardashian male (is there one? I have no clue) transitioned, they'd be salivating for her opinions too because famous people sell papers.

If you want to ask juicy stuff then go right ahead, because the news is all doom and gloom and an occasional ask about my lady bits would be fine ;)
So... how are your juicy bits? :D

Did you write that article? It sounds a lot like you.
Aww bless - I'm so flattered! No, I just wish I had :)

She's a 'celebrity', so of course the media are all over her, making her the de facto spokesperson for the trans community (whether she deserves it or not, and I argue that she does not). They'd be better off listening to Laverne Cox or Janet Mock. If a Kardashian male (is there one? I have no clue) transitioned, they'd be salivating for her opinions too because famous people sell papers.
I actually think they pick on Caitlyn because a. She's stupid and b. I think most people hate her and nothing sells papers like vindictive hate. That's how Trump functions.

So... how are your juicy bits? :D
Like a freshly-plucked fruit, waiting to be squeezed and nibbled :cool:

Someone beat me to the question about the lady bits!! :heart:

I hope you are well...I think we need to be political sometimes when it comes to the trans community. I live in the Carolinas and people are just plain stupid about LGBT issues. So keep up the good work, Sticky!

It behooves you to use the word behooves in a sentence by the way!

It might sound patronising, but people in rural communities seem to have more time to think - I mean really think - than be lazy and accept whatever Murdoch is telling them to think. People expect knowledge to be brought to them neatly wrapped and easily understood for quick consumption, like everything else that is convenient in their lives.
Yea, folks like him are never a threat, but sadly there are not enough people with the self-confidence to be accepting of other people's differences. People react badly to trans people through fear I think. Fear of questioning their own sexuality or the fear of even asking questions, in case their peers ridicule them for doing so. Men go to war to prove how 'tough' they are - they would rather die than have their notions of masculinity doubted. Women can be just as bad: take that awful woman, Andrea Leadsom, who tried to use her position as a mother as a bargaining chip against Theresa May to prove... to prove what exactly?!:confused:

PS I'm not sure if someone who cross-dresses is transsexual as such, though they would fall under the bigger transgender umbrella. But like your rural friend, the key thing is to treat them with respect :)

Thanks. :).

I think it's a shame it's as thought it needed pointing out he's ok, but that it was done so considerately made me happy. :)

I even know transgender as opposed to transsexual. Oops. Sorry. Xx
Isn't it great there's a pic for everything? :D
trans%20umbrella.png

Would you let Ben Carson operate on you?

"For someone to wake up and think that they belong to a different sex because they feel different that day is the same as if you woke up and said I’m Afghani today because I saw a movie about that last night and even though my genetics might not indicate that, that’s the way I feel, and if you say that I’m not, then you’re a racist,” Mr Carson told the news site.

I didn't know who Mr Carson was before today and I still don't know much, other than that he is an ignorant cunt with all the arrogance that goes with being a surgeon and a Republican. He statement shows a woeful ignorance of the subject and is pure trolling.

Here's some more
"You know, we look at this whole transgender thing. I got tell you, for thousands of years, mankind has known what a man is and what a woman is. Now all of a sudden we don’t know any more. Now, is that the height of absurdity? Because today you feel like a woman, every though everything about you genetically says that you’re a man or vice versa.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/rnc-2016-ben-carson-declares-that-being-transgender-is-the-height-of-absurdity-at-republican-a7145231.html

I'm not going to even bother to unpick his stupidity. I'm sure he actually believed, you know, this whole thing that a person took photos over the cubicle wall in the women's changing room at Target*.

You know, here's the thang right, I mean, can you imagine a black person being able to make decisions over a white person's health. Because right, I didn't just wake up and I be a brain surgeon you know. The whole thang is absurd. I mean look at the genetics ok, I mean just because I'm black doesn't mean I can't stigmatise a tiny percentage of the population, who ain't doing nobody's no harm ( and will get me back on the front pages ) because it's much better for me to point my finger at an easy-hate target than look at the real issues of having loon candidate for president who wants to ban Muslims from coming into our racist country until he has the whole thang figured out..

( last bit was irony btw )
* there have only been unisex changing rooms in that Target store for ten years
The person has been charged under existing laws

So no, I wouldn't let him touch me with a barge pole.

"For someone to wake up and think that they belong to a different sex because they feel different that day is the same as if you woke up and said I’m Afghani today because I saw a movie about that last night and even though my genetics might not indicate that, that’s the way I feel, and if you say that I’m not, then you’re a racist,” Mr Carson told the news site.

I didn't know who Mr Carson was before today and I still don't know much, other than that he is an ignorant cunt with all the arrogance that goes with being a surgeon and a Republican. He statement shows a woeful ignorance of the subject and is pure trolling.

Here's some more
"You know, we look at this whole transgender thing. I got tell you, for thousands of years, mankind has known what a man is and what a woman is. Now all of a sudden we don’t know any more. Now, is that the height of absurdity? Because today you feel like a woman, every though everything about you genetically says that you’re a man or vice versa.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/rnc-2016-ben-carson-declares-that-being-transgender-is-the-height-of-absurdity-at-republican-a7145231.html

I'm not going to even bother to unpick his stupidity. I'm sure he actually believed, you know, this whole thing that a person took photos over the cubicle wall in the women's changing room at Target*.

You know, here's the thang right, I mean, can you imagine a black person being able to make decisions over a white person's health. Because right, I didn't just wake up and I be a brain surgeon you know. The whole thang is absurd. I mean look at the genetics ok, I mean just because I'm black doesn't mean I can't stigmatise a tiny percentage of the population, who ain't doing nobody's no harm ( and will get me back on the front pages ) because it's much better for me to point my finger at an easy-hate target than look at the real issues of having loon candidate for president who wants to ban Muslims from coming into our racist country until he has the whole thang figured out..

( last bit was irony btw )
* there have only been unisex changing rooms in that Target store for ten years
The person has been charged under existing laws

So no, I wouldn't let him touch me with a barge pole.

Sticky,

We'll see how the Carson/Trump/Repub thing plays out in November. Hopefully the results will not mirror the recent turn-back-time vote in the UK.

Coati

Sticky,

We'll see how the Carson/Trump/Repub thing plays out in November. Hopefully the results will not mirror the recent turn-back-time vote in the UK.

Coati
So you're telling me to calm down? :D:D
yeah, this sleeping on things is a good idea xx

Carson is a failed Presidential candidate with a history of embellishing his autobiography. If I were feeling uncharitable, I might suggest that he's one of those liars who assumes everybody else is as dishonest as he is.

Carson is a failed Presidential candidate with a history of embellishing his autobiography. If I were feeling uncharitable, I might suggest that he's one of those liars who assumes everybody else is as dishonest as he is.

And, Carson is one of the best things that could happen to the Democratic Party during the next election. His views, including the ones expressed last night at the Convention, are clearly not in line with the majority of Americans. These views end up getting him on hate-group watch lists, such as those published by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

This is good for the Democratic Party, and could turn this election into a repeat of what happened when Goldwater ran against Johnson in 1964. In order to ensure that the extremist views of the so-called social conservatives are stomped out by the Supreme Court, we need a Democratic president and a Democratic Senate to appoint and approve the next two or three justices.

I'm still calm :)
It's too hot to be anything else
We're not used to heat waves in the UK, especially after two months of cold and wet.

As for the elections - take nothing for granted: look what happened to the UK and Brexit :rolleyes:

Dr. Carson is a loon. He subscribes to the Seventh Day Adventist doctrine that the Universe is 6,000 years old. He is a medical doctor who rejects much of the findings of modern biology. He has promoted vitamin therapy to treat cancer. He is also on record as believing that the Egyptian pyramids were built for grain storage, not as tombs.

It's a nightmare in America - just a nuisance, mostly, in the UK or most any other developed country.

People in the west have such a big hang-up with embarassment, but we point to Japan as being the villain for the 'loss of face' meme. That doctor, who refused to call his patient, should be struck off for malpractise - I don't see any other way of describing what he/she did ( but I bet it's a Republican he ). We're supposed to place our trust in them but you'd be crazy if you did.
When you mix health care and money, it's never going to be a good outcome.

Thanks for posting x

Yeah, Carson is an outright loon. His speech (and that of Donald Trump Jr) were the only parts of the RNC I bothered to watch, and specifically because I wanted to hear Carson make an ass of himself. Fortunately he didn't mention trans people but, among other things, he deliberately implied that a vote for Clinton would advance a Satanist agenda: "So, are we willing to elect someone as president who has, as their role model, somebody who acknowledges Lucifer?"

There's a thread, hopefully now dead, in the GB about a local by-law introduced in Nottinghamshire in the UK to tackle misogynistic behaviour ( and cat-calling / physical assault ). As usual I managed to be angered by some of the posters and particularly one person who posts as a woman.
I have a response ready, but sometimes it's best to let dying threads be - what's the point of all that adrenaline?
However, one thing that it brought to mind, and is something in which trans people are uniquely qualified to comment, is how the other gender act when they're on their own. As transgender we often get to see both sides of the coin.

A particular incident that shocked me was when I was 16 and only just starting to transition properly, so I was still regarded as a guy, if slightly effeminate. I was with friends camping in Wales and one evening we all piled into whatever car was at hand to go into the village for a drink. I ended up with the guys - all Dads. They'd already had a few beers and as we started approaching people walking into town they started cat-calling women; every woman. It was like they were off the family leash, all guys together ( with me squashed into a corner ) and hungry to relive their youth. The comments they shouted and then laughed about amongst themselves were disgusting. There's no way I can believe they would have said them if there had been 'a woman' in the car. No one escaped their attention - old, young, 'shaggable' or 'munters'. It was a game to them - each keen to outdo each other with how degraded they could be.
I know 'not all men' and not every situation, but how did it feel to those women and girls?
Too many women imo accept it as just one of those things and after all, what could any of them do about a car-load of old blokes making lewd comments? That GBer suggested that by making 'trivial' incidents into a crime, it somehow debased the value of proper sexual assaults, as though the expected surge of reported crime would dilute their seriousness - I mean wtf?! By daring to support the law I am a feminazi, apparently, and by ridiculing the law, it made 'her' a moderate feminist.

There are too many loons in the world, too much stupid, too much hate

Last edited:
However, one thing that it brought to mind, and is something in which trans people are uniquely qualified to comment, is how the other gender act when they're on their own. As transgender we often get to see both sides of the coin.

A particular incident that shocked me was when I was 16 ...

You know, I had a remarkably similar experience on the day I arrived in Worcestershire as a young California college student, squashed into a mini with four guys who abruptly turned into Mr. Hyde as soon as they parted from their families in a pub.

Also, I observed this wolf-pack behavior when working on construction sites in the U.S. Eventually, construction contracts routinely included conditions to prohibit this behavior.

Even though I am not trans, the behavior was so shocking that it made me feel like an infiltrator.

Back