A walk in soggy weather,
the past two summers, timely,
the bones of what's needed is seen,
down pasture, under cedars green,
privet still holding on,
vines refusing to go,
the stumps of their brethren waiting,
where this year I'll cheerfully mow,

Nice, Harry. I really like it. It grounds me, although mine up here is still frozen.

Nice, Harry. I really like it. It grounds me, although mine up here is still frozen.
The wheels run slower in the winter,
today they ran a little faster,
up to the woods' reach,
hardwood deadfalls harvested,
cherry for bacon,
white locust for heat,
spinning in the muddy tract,
butters in the seat.

Last edited:
it was deceptive there
looking green-brown
thatched with rough grasses
but after a time or two of wheels a-crossin'
compressing the underlying mud
squeezin' ground water up
gettin' stuck spinnin' in the brown
was child's play :rolleyes:

but i looked swell in my overalls
swingin' that log-splitter, din't i? :D
(when i wasn't killing the dirt....)

Oh glorious Ku,
avoid the ruts,
you're allowed.

You split firewood beautifully,
incise my post with care,
curry in the kitchen frequently,
never forget to get the eggs,
frown at soggy apostrophes,
yeah.

Last edited:
Such a wet morning,
thin fog curtains the hills,
creeks and rivers brown and full,
standing water on the flat lands,
droplets cover the window panes,
c'mon, rain.

A pair of mudders, somewhere,
somewhere, laid away on a sunny day,
perfect for walking the soggy fields,
can't be arsed to search,
nap time.

Curb Appeal

Two twenty dry,
sand the pine,
incised and marked with black,
stain the fishy carefully, red and gold,
minnows silver right below,
repeat, scribe the last.

The potato's crave the ground.
I can deny them, not much longer,
turn the covers back carefully,
sprinkle yes'm 'tween the sheets,
lay all pillowed in their beds,
tucked, dreaming of the spring.

a valentine's kiss
a valentine wish
a heart-shaped box
with a cartoon fish

a coffee and sammich
a hug's loving language
grey skies are so sleepy
but love's running deep. rich.

So Harry's a fish
and ku is a moggy
who cares if it's raining
and lovers get soggy?

:kiss::rose::heart::rose::kiss:

a valentine's kiss
a valentine wish
a heart-shaped box
with a cartoon fish

a coffee and sammich
a hug's loving language
grey skies are so sleepy
but love's running deep. rich.

So Harry's a fish
and ku is a moggy
who cares if it's raining
and lovers get soggy?

:kiss::rose::heart::rose::kiss:
Oh glorious Ku,
your Waterchild loves you,
wet or dry.
:rose:

A Night by the Big Muddy

So the 200 mile dash took a detour,
fair graces became sour,
hour after hour after hour,
search out the dead in the rain,
leave them flowers.

Sun by the river,
towers and broken cobble stones,
good news on the eighth floor,
lack luster in the lobby,
retreat,
run away home, shut the door,
shower, sleep.

Last edited:
It follows me in the glass,
that reflection with two hands,
two strong legs,
a brighter view than the dim reality seen.

It follows me in the glass,
that reflection with two hands,
two strong legs,
a brighter view than the dim reality seen.
you've two hands to hold me
two legs to move you
house to field
car to tractor

we can't change time
time changes us
i'd have loved you as you were
even as i love you now
that hasn't changed
don't allow old memories
to cloud the glass of today

instead
scribe a heart and arrow on the pane
so when things get steamy
it'll remind you of our truth

:kiss:

Last edited:
sometimes...

a fish is just a fish
cold, slippery
oblivious to all
'cept prey and danger

but remember:
he is the traveler of oceans
the rider of the stormy swell
the fin-splay and iridescent scales
that scatter sunlight
the surge
the leaper of obstacles

he is endurance
perseverance
and the mouth-gape
flank-shimmy
trigger of
the spawn

:kiss:

So, the long project is wrapped up;
should I find a bow,
or will the tissue paper suffice?

A bow, I think
it's time to celebrate,
then deliver
par voiture,
café,
déjeuner-rencontre,
retour

Put away the paint,
chisels, hammers, drills,
all other detritus left

Ku break

Adam has nuts enough to keep Eve's hands occupied
And it was Eve who thought a peach tree would be heavenly
Plums may be overkill
Given those abloom already
And apples are all well and good
But sinners do what sinners should
Without their seeds to spur them on

Stars in the heart of a fruit
A stone, a pit, ...a worm

Compromise is a word Eve understands
In theory
And her shopping list is really very short:
Pretty blossoms, pretty bark
Pretty leaves and sturdy heart
To watch it thrive and in strength grow so
He can carve their names into its trunk
And when long years have passed
They can watch it - sun or shower -
From their window...
Smile

;):cattail::kiss:

Now for me the sentiment in this is honest without being starkly cloying, refreshing with the haywire crap ive been force feeding my brain these days

Last edited:
Now for me the sentiment in this is honest without being starkly cloying, refreshing with the haywire crap ive been force feeding my brain these days

oh, it's just a message to H :D we're buying a tree to celebrate our first wedding anniversary in April - deciding which kind of tree is proving a little more complicated :D He wanted a great big pecan to go out back - I wanted something cute, beautiful, like a silver birch or weeping willow or japanese cedar. We've decided it needs to bear some produce, and they do have dwarf pecans but getting one isn't so easy unless it's a twig! So it's a case of deciding which one - whichever one we get I'll make good use of the fruit/nuts, but I do have a real thing about silver birches, especially weeping silver birches!

i read a few of your passion pieces - i think you've been consuming waaaaaaaaay too much of the haywire crap. the pieces have passion, no doubt about it, but it sounds as if it's coming from a 75+ year old white pro-trump republican american! great if that's the voice you wanted to use for the piece, not so great if it's channelling YOU. :D

H's mother's pretty fond of Hallmark movies - sometimes I have to leave the room and find other things to do but they keep her smiling. We all have our crosses to bear, so make like a butters and limit your intake of what fries your brain :kiss: ;)

oh, it's just a message to H :D we're buying a tree to celebrate our first wedding anniversary in April - deciding which kind of tree is proving a little more complicated :D He wanted a great big pecan to go out back - I wanted something cute, beautiful, like a silver birch or weeping willow or japanese cedar. We've decided it needs to bear some produce, and they do have dwarf pecans but getting one isn't so easy unless it's a twig! So it's a case of deciding which one - whichever one we get I'll make good use of the fruit/nuts, but I do have a real thing about silver birches, especially weeping silver birches!

i read a few of your passion pieces - i think you've been consuming waaaaaaaaay too much of the haywire crap. the pieces have passion, no doubt about it, but it sounds as if it's coming from a 75+ year old white pro-trump republican american! great if that's the voice you wanted to use for the piece, not so great if it's channelling YOU. :D

H's mother's pretty fond of Hallmark movies - sometimes I have to leave the room and find other things to do but they keep her smiling. We all have our crosses to bear, so make like a butters and limit your intake of what fries your brain :kiss: ;)

Good luck with the tree choices, ive no ideas and so am zero help to any kind of debate in that area...

Never seen a hallmark movie?? Please explain or I could look it up

As to my passion pieces my thoughts tend to spiral things to their furthest logical progression from my perspective, its basically me trying to get some thoughts out of my own head and analyse them a little bit clearer. I find to try and know what I think its easier to write it down make it solid because to write you have to think about it at least a small amouunt.

It doesnt mean what im writing is my true solid convictions but it does give me some reference to pick apart why Im thinking the way i am. Part of it is the youtube content I keep funneling in and another part is some of what is being presented has a deep sense of honesty that mirrors my own thinking. It creates echo chambers and validates conviction but it doesnt help clear up blind spots.

Im apparently centre right leaning politically didnt even know it was a categorised way of thinking until maybe a few weeks ago,

The confusion I find is there are no stable grounds every type or research has counter research that claims the opposite, peer reveiwed science in the social sciences is apparently too easy to either deliberately mis represent, deliberately falsify or conversely make up all together.

The growing push that says men and women are inherently the same except men are bigger actually makes me sad. It denies the biological framework and context that makes us attracted to each other, and also makes the underlying tensions within male and female dynamics a lie. Despite when flirting with a man or woman and discussing somethi ng with another memeber of the same sex you hold no attraction to changes the dynamic of the exchange.

If i tried to make the claim that homosexuality could be cured because its a choice and if they so decided they could be straight then they would be...... people would be trying to burn down my house and eat my children.

But being a gender is simply a choice is widely not only accepted but being crammed down the throats of my kids

Oops sorry my bias is showing in public again.... better tuck that away before I get arrested :p

I just dont see a good end for society as a whole nor the people within it.

Funnily enough its so easy to look around and say Im being paranoid that Im taking things out of context, one thing I am sure of is that by every measurable statistical measure men and boys are failing society and its just accepted that every one looks up at the top and sees a bulk of men shrugs and says meh theyve still got their inbuilt priveledge so we need to keep throwing the lower tier mens bodies on the fire and empowering women. The pendulum has swung so far past rhe mark of equality into rampant sexism against men and boys as to be a comical joke.

Places would be burning if the male measurable statistcics were reversed and women were on the recieving end of it.

Men on average work more hours than women and ergo pay more taxes, disenfranchise men, hold them back and the welfare states will have their throats cut in the not too diatant future. And without the will to sacrifice for yhe greater good of a society by generating excess resources with their overtime hpurs and higher taxable wage everything will suffer.

Masculinity is the howling oppressive demon of the world and femeninity is whithout vice, but to my conceptualisation we need to balance both, men are not the sole arbiters of shitty behaviour and neither are women so rather than the emasculation of men and the infantalization of women we shoulf try play a game with solid rules.

Anyway.... just another rant from a disenfranchised male and his whining priveledge :D

Sundays he has breakfast in bed,
later she gets up, makes coffee, cooks,
wears a smile like the sun.

So what da you do with 4#s of filets?
Fry them all, crispy brown, then gorge.
I needed that.
Good job Ku
:rose:

Back