The Gate of Kelga: The Lost Orb (always open OOC)

Okay, please understand that I mean this in the nice way since I'm told I come across as harsh.

1. Yeah we can stall until you post without any difficulty. At the moment we have no idea what is in Parakova Pass or how "large" it is in narrative terms. Helm's Deep isn't that far from Rohan but like a good third of that movie is getting there.

2. The best solution here however would be to PM our leader dude Stalz and work out an entrance for your character ideally in relatively 'vague' terms. There are always more bandits, you'd be shocked the number of party members I've saved from slavers, bandits, cannibals, goblins. Hell one time we ended up with a kid from a dragon. (Granted we weren't supposed to get the kid, the kid was the lock on an uber weapon and we were supposed to sacrifice the kid and save the world. Well. . .the world wouldn't have gotten saved if the demon hadn't killed our mascot first.) You could even do it with any random player. IT simply opens up our options a bit.
 
Yeah Sean is right.
And i want to get my bearings straight, 'cos right now...well right now i don't where everyone is.
Tyr and Taujiel are infront of the group and unaware of the appearance of the wraith. Tamaria, Druz and Pallox are with Brad and the wraith. Right?
I need the answer to post.
And Kuboshido, you should have sent me details about your character or an intro or a hint. So i won't be taken unaware.
Maybe your intro is fine with everyone, and i can work round it but it wasn't what i envisioned for a wraith who wants to join the good guys. Again i might be wrong.
 
We aren't that far off, I'm sure we are aware of the wraith or at least narratively could be if we choose. I 'm just giving other people time to post. This isn't Sean posts fun time adventure this is a group thing. If you want to watch me run the field check out a descent stretch of an RP called War of the Supernaturals where I was six characters, three locations and two factions for a while and interacting with a bunch.

I'm more curious as to how we don't all murder the wraith outright cus you know EVIL.
 
Sorry about that, Stalzyn. I tried to post some details but my computer kept screwing up. I'll try to make a page for the wraith soon. And in response to your question, Sean, the wraith's behavior will prove that he isn't evil.
 
That's making the fairly radical assumption that he survives long enough to have actions. I think people are far too used to real life where all races have some good and some bad and so do all religions and. . .most organizations. (What can I say, as a black man if a white guy with a bald head and a swastika tattoo is approaching me I may not ask any questions depending on how many people are arround etc etc) This is more like being in Lord of the Rings and an Orc walking into camp. You don't talk to orcs you fill their soft fleshy bits with pointy metal things and call it a day. Because they are evil 100% of the time. Wraiths and everything from beyond the gate are literally straight from Hell in this setting. Nobody should really be letting a conversation happen.
 
I understand where you're coming from. However, to use your analogy, it will be an orc that suddenly beheads another orc. He'll even use the "all that glitters" phrase. Once the bandit leader flees, the wraith will become a lot more civil. Also...he might be wearing coke bottle glasses.
 
Last edited:
I understand where you're coming from. However, to use your analogy, it will be an orc that suddenly beheads another orc. He'll even use the "all that glitters" phrase. Once the bandit leader flees, the wraith will become a lot more civil. Also...he might be wearing coke bottle glasses.

There are no other orcs here. Even if there were I'm not sure that would put most people in a talking mood. Maybe in shock long enough to listen.

Awww, now I'm like, all hurt and stuff... :(

Oh hush sweetheart. You're not a Lord of the Rings Orc. You're like a Warcraft Orc and anybody who has even read the instruction manuals knows the humans weren't exactly blameless by the time WC2 came out and by the time of WC3 they were at BEST justified jerks but still they were jerks.

In this world there are 9 kings who got to show up. Which means orcs are civilized enough to get into Fantasy United Nations. Sure you might be Russia or China or something else we Americans despise but talking to you is something that can and is done. Wraiths are like the guys ISIS won't hang around because they are rabid dogs!
 
I dunno, RPs die all the time for all sorts of reasons. I'll have to go check when I have a freer moment than I do right now but I'm pretty sure I can' tlogically post next but I might have to try.
 
Lol, I'm here. Don't go mad on me. Just trying to figure out the proper way for Pallox to handle things.
 
Last edited:
Hello all,

well, my friends have headed back home so I should be posting more regularly for the time being.

Thank you for your patience.
 
Hello all,

well, my friends have headed back home so I should be posting more regularly for the time being.

Thank you for your patience.

Welcome back Mantra. I hope to see you post often. Lol.
Same goes to Pallox too.
 
i'm Describing The Villa To Help With Your Post And The Story Plan. I'll Only Do This In Special Occasions When I Want To Leave Tit-bits And Clues That'll Contribute To Our Quest Around. Please When I Don't Do This You're At Liberty To Describe Your Surrounding. I Wanted To Draw A Map But My System Is Still With The Mechanic And That Limits Me To Phone Use. I Hope This Helps.
 
Marcos Grindra's Villa was the last building in the city. Behind it was an endless array of pine trees until the great mountain that divides New Easteal from Old Easteal.
The villa had tenlarge rooms, a parlour and six minor rooms for servant that were behind the villa.
The large and only parlour had doors on all side. The main entrance door had two sculpted baby wyverns at each side.
On the door post of the main entrance their was a symbol drawn in blood, a demonic heptagram with two stars and a moon at the top.
The Parlour floor and its walls were lined with white marble columns and still stained with blood.
The three other doors each located at the sides of the four corner living room led to a long walkway. The walkway strangely had ten steeled door, each to a room.
On the wall opposite each door was a dwarvish encryption that when translated to english means "First of the ten."
Pick up the clues and integrate it into the story. Use your discretion to describe the rooms. Have fun."
 
Last edited:
For those of you who failed either Demonic Symbols or geometry this is a heptogram.

I totally had to look it up. If Stalz had called it a septogram which is also correct I would have gotten the number correct but. . .probably still screwed by forgetting that 'gon's have sides 'grams' have points.

septacle.jpg
 
Thanks Sean, that was really resourceful. Really it was.
About the clues lying around i want the characters to beat around it, figure it out as its contribute to the main quest which is finding the orb or a temporal replacement if necessary.
Taujiel can't read Dwarvian so the writing on the wall is beyond him. I'm hoping someone can and i'm limiting my character to the clues he'll find and how he figures thing.
Do the same guys, don't be jack of all trade. Lol .
 
No problem. I might try to sketch out about how your map is supposed to look kinda sorta. I don't think Tyr can read dwarf mostly because I assume based on what I had set up in my head for the Coldlands that Tyr probably can't read to begin with. He might know enough from people traveling through to know that 'INN' means inn but I mean that in the same way that a big yellow M means McDonalds. But I don't have a real clear picture in my head geographically about where everybody is situated.
 
No problem. I might try to sketch out about how your map is supposed to look kinda sorta. I don't think Tyr can read dwarf mostly because I assume based on what I had set up in my head for the Coldlands that Tyr probably can't read to begin with. He might know enough from people traveling through to know that 'INN' means inn but I mean that in the same way that a big yellow M means McDonalds. But I don't have a real clear picture in my head geographically about where everybody is situated.

If you can please do. Whatever you can make of it do show us, worst i can say is " its not what i'm looking for but we'll use it."
I'm guessing everyone except Tyr is at the main entrance of the villa, Tyr is behind the villa where the servant quaters were located. There he made a tent right?
I might be wrong and if i mentioned your character in my post and gave him or her an action that offends. You're free to voice out your complaint. I also apologise for it before hand.
 
At the time i posted I didn't know there was a second building. Tyr probably would have given it at least a quick sweep for you know, blood and guts. I haven't worked out the particulars since I tend to culture build on the fly but I'm working with you don't sleep where people were killed, the house is bad you tear it down and start again.

I'm not 100% clear on how the various deities and religions function in this setting. Long story short I think it's hilarious to have people behaving as if the Gods don't exist when they make regular appearances and hilarious when people do believe but they routinely deal with people off sufficient power to convince 99% of people of their godhood.
 
Some more hints.
One of the girls coming to clean the villa has a tatoo on her shin. Two wyverns facing each other.
Sounds familiar.
 
Back
Top