Rules Of The Living (Closed)

Daryl smiled at her words, his lips tight as if trying not to speak. He feared speaking those three simple words but didn't want to say them just because she did. He just nodded in a way that suggested he agreed with that - and loved her too.

As she made the bed for them he got comfortable and waited for her to lay down first. He took a moment to realize this was the first time they were about to sleep together... to truly sleep. He grinned, "I hope I don't wake you with my snoring." He teased, not sure if he would snore or not. Then again he'd been 'Second Watch' a few time and no one had ever told him if he'd snored loud enough to wake the dead - literally.
 
Something about Daryl made her wonder about all sorts of things, but she shook her head wondering what the hell was going to happen. Now? she didn't care they were together and that was what was important to her. Sighing a bit as everything just seemed so nice, her eyes darting around. Everything was just different, looking up at hi she chuckled at what he said about snoring. She did not worry about it, she could sleep with a bomb going off and not even flinch.

"I am a heavy sleeper so don't worry about it"
 
Daryl moved the sheet that covered his cell for privacy. He then slid a tattered and bleach stained blanket threaded through some tied cords for privacy. While even a single tattered blanket had value in this new world, this one was probably salvaged to be a heavy curtain. Pausing he let his eyes adjust to the darkness, and then went to join Eden without saying a word.
 
She was truly content with how life was going to be and now? it was just amazing, everything seemed so perfect. But watching him she knew all to well that he was the way he was because he had a rough life. He did not say the three words she wished he would say, but she understood it and respected that. That was how it made her feel at the end, and now? it was just different and watching him, she stroked his cheek once he was settled in beside her. Stroking the soft skin she felt under her hand.
 
Daryl kissed Eden, then nuzzled her neck and kissed her shoulder too. As much as he wanted to enjoy the moment, he was also very tired and being with Eden made him feel very safe. He drifted to sleep almost instantly.

***

When Daryl woke he knew a dream had woken him, but couldn't remember what it was. Looking down he checked on Eden, making sure she was still asleep. "You up?" He whispered, hoping she wouldn't respond. Thinking she was still asleep he whispered, "I do love you, Eden. Much as any man can, but I don't know how to tell you without sounding all lame or - like I was saying it 'cuz you were. When I tell you - I want you to hear 'me' saying it. For real. Not because I'm supposed to." He kissed her neck, "And I will. I swear it."
 
She had been tired and fell asleep as fast as Daryl did, right now? she was happy and peaceful. She felt him move once he was awake, she was semi awake and semi asleep. She heard him talking to her, she couldn't hear everything but when he kissed her neck. She had a feeling what he said. She was relaxed and now? nothing could go wrong and she moaned when he kissed her neck. She was starting to wake up and yawned, she opened up her eyes seeing Daryl.

"Morning" She whispered.
 
Daryl smiled, brushing stray hairs from her face. "Mornin'. And by that I do might, evenin'." His smile touched his eyes as he gestured to the dark cloth covering his doorway. "Night time. We have to go scouting now." He sat up, stretching out the lean muscles of his back and arms.
 
She smiled knowing what he meant, day and night were just one in the same to her. Just that it was harder to see when it was dark. Chuckling at what he said sh looked out and sighed a little bit. Closing her eyes everything seemed perfect to her in a way and slowly stood up. Walking over to her things as she got dressed and right now? she had no idea what would happen, thinking of something and twirling a knife in her fingers.
 
Daryl gave Eden's rear a playful slap. He got up and got dressed. "You good with mappin' out the walkers? We're gonna be out all night with only each other to survive. This is your last chance t'back out." He knew she wouldn't, but he had to at least give her the option.
 
She smiled at the slap but while he was getting dressed she heard what he said, and turned her head in ways to crack her neck. "I found you didn't I?" she said her comment about mapping out walkers. Closing her eyes as flashes of her fathers death took hold of her, grabbing the knife even tighter then before. She opened up her eyes with a determined look on her face. She took another knife and put both against her hips.

"I was born ready"
 
"Yes, you were." his smile wavered as he took mental not of the subtle shift. He didn't say anything, as was his way. "C'mon." He pulled back his privacy curtain and exited the cell before slinging his crossbow over his shoulder like a back pack.

Rick was already waiting with a map. He focused on Eden and Daryl with intent as they approached. "All right. I marked off what we knew of the herds from before. You probably won't see it in the dark, but it won't influence you two either. Be careful out there. I'm gonna be honest - as much as we value your lives, this information benefits the group. Just don't be stupid. Understand?" He was implying that they should feel willing to die if one person could make it back with the information.

Daryl licked a tooth with a grimace and took the map. Never taking his eyes off Rick he handed it to Eden. If only one was coming back, it was going to be her.
 
Back
Top