The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me how you managed it; I cannot get it to accept Annon.

HP :rose:, I have written this blogpost just for you, it will hopefully make all clear to you. If you still have problems, we'll have to wait for John to get better and tell us all what is going wrong. He is the magician who managed to sort out TXRad when TX tried to log into my blog but had the misfortune to only be able to see my melons bouncing in front of his eyes. Imagine what an operation that was! :eek:

HP :rose:, I have written this blogpost just for you, it will hopefully make all clear to you. If you still have problems, we'll have to wait for John to get better and tell us all what is going wrong. He is the magician who managed to sort out TXRad when TX tried to log into my blog but had the misfortune to only be able to see my melons bouncing in front of his eyes. Imagine what an operation that was! :eek:

Errr....sorry. I was distracted by Naoko's melons and new naughty teacher glasses. :eek::devil:

The good new is that I can breathe again....for the most part. The Doc prescribed me some medicine with codeine in it to help me sleep. He also prescribed some medicine which name I cannot remember that would be taken by inhaler that I could pick up later if needed.

The bad news is that I have to go into work today. :rolleyes:

Rolf, some morning tea would be nice.

HP, my Anon post on her blog worked. It did go to a blank white page afterward, but closing the window and reentering the blog got me to my comment. Are you having trouble with the CAPTCHA?

Last edited:
I buy my reading glasses from ASDA. If you hunt around near their Pharmacy dept you can sometimes find them at stupidly low prices. I bought several packs of 2 pairs for £2. I have them in the car, in the living room, and one in a shirt pocket. They aren't good enough for long use such as reading a book, but useful and much cheaper than my standard prescription glasses.

I have 3 sets of prescription glasses - distance for driving, cinema and theatre; mid-range for computer use because I lean backwards; and reading.

Can you get good enough glasses from ASDA? Mine are going to have some sort of thing over the lenses to make it better to work on the computer. I paid a lot more than £2 for them! but I'm very pleased with myself. I actually CHOSE the ones which were cheaper and not a famous brand name, not the Gucci ones. And the assistant stared into my eyes and went: "Gurgle gurgle, yes madam, they are lovely (sigh)." so I'm sure they will be OK. I was a bit drawn to the Guccis cuz they were those sort of cat-eye shape and I thought that would be funny but the other ones were nicer.
:rose:

I've left a comment on your wishy washy saga.
Thank you! :heart: I answered it.

Errr....sorry. I was distracted by Naoko's melons and new naughty teacher glasses. :eek::devil:

The good new is that I can breathe again....for the most part. The Doc prescribed me some medicine with codeine in it to help me sleep. He also prescribed some medicine which name I cannot remember that would be taken by inhaler that I could pick up later if needed.

The bad news is that I have to go into work today. :rolleyes:

Rolf, some morning tea would be nice.

HP, my Anon post on her blog worked. It did go to a blank white page afterward, but closing the window and reentering the blog got me to my comment. Are you having trouble with the CAPTCHA?

Babycakes, how can you go into work when you're ill? :rolleyes: You will be a lot more ill. There are laws about these things. My line manager has a formal complaint out against her because she made someone work when he was ill and she is going to get it badly in the neck if my colleague decides to pursue this properly.

I am looking over my glasses at you. (<snerk>, not really, I don't pick them up till next week)
:cool:

Can you get good enough glasses from ASDA? Mine are going to have some sort of thing over the lenses to make it better to work on the computer. I paid a lot more than £2 for them! but I'm very pleased with myself. I actually CHOSE the ones which were cheaper and not a famous brand name, not the Gucci ones. And the assistant stared into my eyes and went: "Gurgle gurgle, yes madam, they are lovely (sigh)." so I'm sure they will be OK. I was a bit drawn to the Guccis cuz they were those sort of cat-eye shape and I thought that would be funny but the other ones were nicer.

Thank you! :heart: I answered it.

Babycakes, how can you go into work when you're ill? :rolleyes: You will be a lot more ill. There are laws about these things. My line manager has a formal complaint out against her because she made someone work when he was ill and she is going to get it badly in the neck if my colleague decides to pursue this properly.

I am looking over my glasses at you. (<snerk>, not really, I don't pick them up till next week)

But Dr, I am feeling better I swear. :eek:

Can you get good enough glasses from ASDA? Mine are going to have some sort of thing over the lenses to make it better to work on the computer. I paid a lot more than £2 for them!

Depending on your eyesight, ASDA glasses are good enough for occasional use, but NOT for hours reading or looking at a computer screen.

I don't wear glasses most of the day. I wear glasses when on line, when driving further than around town, or when reading for a long time. I don't need glasses to read The Times every morning.

My ASDA glasses are useful in poor light - I get annoyed in dimly-lit restaurants when I can't read the menu without them - and for very small print 8 point or less.

But I can treat my ASDA glasses cavalierly. I don't bother to put them in cases, clean them with a dishcloth, dry them on a tea-towel...

My first set of two for £2 are still usable even if one pair is slightly scratched from being tossed onto my desk in irritation. Since the scratches aren't in the main lens area they don't matter.

But my opticians' glasses cost at least £70 just for the lenses, and scratch easier than the ASDA ones. :(

I guess it depends upon the nature of the eye malady (if I can describe it thus).

My right eye has not the same problem as the left, so the lenses are not of the same specification. I tried a simple pair of generic glasses (at my local CoOp), which are OK for a very short time only.

It was after a very annoying headache that I was advised to get to an Optician and get it done right.
After that - no headache.

I wore glasses from the fourth grade until last year when, after developing cataracts, I had the lenses in my eyes replaced. Expensive? I'm sure it was. Fortunately it was all covered by Medicare and my military retired benefits. Worth every penny the taxpayers dumped into it? Ohhhhhh, yeah!!!

Depending on your eyesight, ASDA glasses are good enough for occasional use, but NOT for hours reading or looking at a computer screen.

It was after a very annoying headache that I was advised to get to an Optician and get it done right.
After that - no headache.

Phew, thanks guys. :rose: I was worried I'd been a silly extravagant MILF duped by evil trickster opticians for a minute there. I have never ever had glasses in spite of trying quite hard to get them at one point under the delusion that they would make me look older and more serious <snerk>. I will have to use the glasses for looking at the computer screen all day - which is my main teaching work as well as my other stuff, so I think I better have proper ones!

I do have two pairs, they gave me one free. They tried quite hard to persuade me to have the Guccis, saying: "Look, you can have £50 off them." and then when I looked old-fashioned (and that was even without the glasses on), saying: "Gosh we have looked in our back pocket and you can acksherly have £100 off them." but I resisted :cool:. I tried a free pair and it looked fine, puffickly good for peering over on days when the good pair are back at the opticians have a li'l screw. I mean, having a li'l screw replaced!

I wore glasses from the fourth grade until last year when, after developing cataracts, I had the lenses in my eyes replaced. Expensive? I'm sure it was. Fortunately it was all covered by Medicare and my military retired benefits. Worth every penny the taxpayers dumped into it? Ohhhhhh, yeah!!!

Ooh, I will remember that, although as I am now feisty at fifty, I think I prolly was lucky to get away so long without glasses! and should just look over them contentedly at the students while saying: "That referencing was abominable. See me in my office shortly."

John, you are so poorly you went to the doctor! :eek: (I mean the proper doctor instead of sneaking in here asking me to look at your leg 'n that.) You should not go to work spreading your germs among your colleagues. You will be right poorly at the weekend if you are not careful.
:heart:

Errr....sorry. I was distracted by Naoko's melons and new naughty teacher glasses.

. . . . . . .

Sorry, I was thinking about melons and got distracted.
Captcha ?
Woss'at?

Ha ha - awesome.

My gf has a way of looking over the top of her glasses that kills me ;)

LOL, I have seen some great pix that have finally disabused me of my innocent misconception that girls in glasses don't get passes made at them. :) I am a bit disappointed, I was hoping people would look in my eyes at last instead of at my water melons. But then, that is a very juicy melon I've got there. ;)

Oh, what fun! I've got family visiting from home for a few days and I'm loving it. :) I won't be around much until they leave, so I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Oh, what fun! I've got family visiting from home for a few days and I'm loving it. :) I won't be around much until they leave, so I hope everyone has a great weekend!

It's so wonderful when family that are good fun come for a visit. Have a really great time!

Family visiting fun? You must have better family than I do. :D

For any interested, My latest and greatest is in the sig line. A fun little read if ya like sex, sex, and more sex.

Have fun with the family, anna. :)

This weekend, I'm helping move my younger brother back into the dorms for his final year of college.

Good morning all. Has anyone started tea or coffee. Let me get the pot going.

Ooh, cup of tea. I just have time before I leap onto my bicycle and go to get Piglet from the grove of Academe. I ordered the box set of Mummy films (you know, those ones with Rachel Weisz) the other day. Piglet is into Egyptology and she doesn't make too much squelchy noise nowadays when there's snogging so this could be good.

Unfortunately there has not been much flirting at all in my laptop thread so I have marked two essays and cleaned my floor. I knew I ought to have called it lapdancing. :rolleyes:

Ooh, cup of tea. I just have time before I leap onto my bicycle and go to get Piglet from the grove of Academe. I ordered the box set of Mummy films (you know, those ones with Rachel Weisz) the other day. Piglet is into Egyptology and she doesn't make too much squelchy noise nowadays when there's snogging so this could be good.

Unfortunately there has not been much flirting at all in my laptop thread so I have marked two essays and cleaned my floor. I knew I ought to have called it lapdancing. :rolleyes:

LOL, I saw your thread. Didn't want my advice huh? :rolleyes:

Actually, all the advice given is pretty good. I didn't read in detail, but if it hasn't been suggested yet, look at ASUS brand laptops. Otherwise, Toshiba is good.

Oh, Naoko two of my favorite words

Rachel Weisz.... and lap dance.:D

Speaking of sexy English women... we were speaking about that yes? Now what's this about melons?

It's so wonderful when family that are good fun come for a visit. Have a really great time!
Family visiting fun? You must have better family than I do. :D

For any interested, My latest and greatest is in the sig line. A fun little read if ya like sex, sex, and more sex.
Have fun with the family, anna. :)

This weekend, I'm helping move my younger brother back into the dorms for his final year of college.

Good morning all. Has anyone started tea or coffee. Let me get the pot going.

Thanks everyone! Yes, this is a very fun family visit - my sister is here for the first time in a very long time. :)

Tx, I caught your new story this morning and and a great giggle over it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back