The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! Is it happy hour yet? It's been a doozy of a.

All this talk of sleep is making me sleeeeepy. But the laundry beckons ... bah.

It's always 5:00 somewhere! At least, that's been my motto for a while. :)

Laundry? I save it for the weekend, but of course, I don't have children....

So ready for this day to be over with. Rolf, drinks all around. What will you be having?

Mmm, hot chocolate for me, thanks. :)

Sounds like you're having a tough day. Back rub later?

I'll be having a Manhattan or an Old Fashioned. Lots of cherries. Please.

I used to drink those (Manhattans) before I switched to Godfathers. I always asked for an extra cherry, too.

But tonight I'm having me a Maredsous 8 :D

I'm having a sugarless ginger ale. I spent the evening in my workbench class and need to wash the sawdust out of my gullet. Got a lot done, though . . .

I'm having a sugarless ginger ale. I spent the evening in my workbench class and need to wash the sawdust out of my gullet. Got a lot done, though . . .

Ooh, do we get piccies of the workbench?

I'll just put the coffee on.

What payday thread is HP cross about? I'll go and look. If it's SPAM, I'll think up something fun to do with it.

Shea - I have done so much laundry this week before the rain set in; it's one of the laws of family physics that when people get together in a bunch, the laundry increases to the square of, not the number of people. It's a very weird phenomenon about which I will write a Nobel Prize winning blogpost shortly.

Morning :rose: for y'all - well, evening or afternoon :rose: if that's where you're at.

What payday thread is HP cross about? I'll go and look. If it's SPAM, I'll think up something fun to do with it.

Shea - I have done so much laundry this week before the rain set in; it's one of the laws of family physics that when people get together in a bunch, the laundry increases to the square of, not the number of people. It's a very weird phenomenon about which I will write a Nobel Prize winning blogpost shortly.

Morning :rose: for y'all - well, evening or afternoon :rose: if that's where you're at.

Good morning Duchess. It's about 10 at night here, but I'll still take some coffee. Thanks! :rose:

Sure . . . no hello for me. I see how you are . . . . :(

Sure . . . no hello for me. I see how you are . . . . :(

LOL, you were posting while I was posting, I didn't see you come in! And I have just been blurting to you, too, so there. :p

Hullo, sweet Willie! How are you today? Cup of coffee? Or will you have something a bit more exciting? ;)
:rose:

LOL, you were posting while I was posting, I didn't see you come in! And I have just been blurting to you, too, so there. :p

Hullo, sweet Willie! How are you today? Cup of coffee? Or will you have something a bit more exciting? ;)
:rose:

Jush nurshin my shecond Maredshoush Ache, thansh you . . . .

*ahem*

No, I'm good. Thanks for asking. ;)

Jush nurshin my shecond Maredshoush Ache, thansh you . . . .

*ahem*

No, I'm good. Thanks for asking. ;)

LOL, what is that stuff. I guess I better to stick to my cup of Luaka Ceylon tea while doing the ironing, sorting out breakfast and laying out the school uniform. Maybe once I've shot the kid into school I can run down the wifi cafe and order some of what you're slurping. :devil:

*hiccup*

You know me too well. :p Seriously, that song has been playing on the radio non-stop for the last couple months. It's become more addicting than Gangnam Style.

Hahaha. It's a nice song, 'tho. They say here that charity shops help two groups of poor people: the ones they raise money for and the ones who get to buy clothes n' stuff at a reasonable price (well, I say reasonable! one shop got done for charging more for a pair of shoes than they cost new, LOL. Mind you, it was in Chelsea.)

LOL, what is that stuff. I guess I better to stick to my cup of Luaka Ceylon tea while doing the ironing, sorting out breakfast and laying out the school uniform. Maybe once I've shot the kid into school I can run down the wifi cafe and order some of what you're slurping. :devil:

*hiccup* indeed.

Maredsous make some damn fine beer. Brewed and distributed from my ancestral homeland of Denmark -- well, close enough; Belgium -- they are, without a doubt, some of the finest alcoholic beverages in all the world.

Maredsous 8 is a thick, dark porter with 8% alcohol content.

Then there's Maredsous 10, an amber, with 10% alcohol. I save that for special occasions. I even have an official glass. ;)

They're not cheap, and I get them only once a week. But they put any of the crap Budweiser, Miller, and Coors market to shame in less than a sip.

Hahaha. It's a nice song, 'tho. They say here that charity shops help two groups of poor people: the ones they raise money for and the ones who get to buy clothes n' stuff at a reasonable price (well, I say reasonable! one shop got done for charging more for a pair of shoes than they cost new, LOL. Mind you, it was in Chelsea.)

Well, he's from Seattle too, gotta support my fellow Seattleites. I remember furnishing my college apartment with furniture from the thrift shop.

*hiccup* indeed.

Maredsous make some damn fine beer. Brewed and distributed from my ancestral homeland of Denmark -- well, close enough; Belgium -- they are, without a doubt, some of the finest alcoholic beverages in all the world.

Then there's Maredsous 10, an amber, with 10% alcohol. I save that for special occasions. I even have an official glass. ;)

They're not cheap, and I get them only once a week. But they put any of the crap Budweiser, Miller, and Coors market to shame in less than a sip.

There's a bar here called Taphouse and they have 160+ beers on tap, plus any rotating handles. I'll have to see if they have it and if not, make a suggestion to add it.

*hiccup* indeed.

Oooh, porter. They actually started making a decent porter at the major brewery here in Wales which is available on tap in few pubs.

I like this beer best.

There's a bar here called Taphouse and they have 160+ beers on tap, plus any rotating handles. I'll have to see if they have it and if not, make a suggestion to add it.

I'd guess they would, being Seattle. If not McEwan's Scotch Ale is another good one. I also like Young's Double Chocolate Stout. No doubt you know of that one.

Last edited:
Oooh, porter. They actually started making a decent porter at the major brewery here in Wales which is available on tap in few pubs.

I like this beer best.

That does look tasty. Thankfully, San Antonio is more metropolitan than most Texas cities, and there's a local distributor who is willing to order just about anything. If that's available in an export, I'll ask about it. ;)

I'd guess they would, being closer and all that. If not McEwan's Scotch Ale is another good one. I also like Young's Double Chocolate Stout. No doubt you know of that one.

http://www.taphousegrill.com/pdf/main_beer_print.pdf

Besides my usual Mac & Jacks (I usually fill my growler with that), I like the Beer Valley and Boundary Bay IPAs. On their rotating handles, I like to find any new Northwest beers.

http://www.taphousegrill.com/pdf/main_beer_print.pdf

Besides my usual Mac & Jacks (I usually fill my growler with that), I like the Beer Valley and Boundary Bay IPAs. On their rotating handles, I like to find any new Northwest beers.

Got some nice beers there. I smiled when I saw Shiner Bock (made here in Texas). It's a good, all-around drinkin' beer. Not too strong, and rich in flavor.

Stay away from Blue Moon. They've gone the route of Budweiser and Miller now since they were bought out. But that's just my opinion.

Deschutes is a good micro. I haven't sampled anything from them that I didn't like.

Rogue is hit-or-miss with me. If you have any clout, request Arrogant Bastard Ale. It's got a nice spicy kick.

Got some nice beers there. I smiled when I saw Shiner Bock (made here in Texas). It's a good, all-around drinkin' beer. Not too strong, and rich in flavor.

Stay away from Blue Moon. They've gone the route of Budweiser and Miller now since they were bought out. But that's just my opinion.

Deschutes is a good micro. I haven't sampled anything from them that I didn't like.

Rogue is hit-or-miss with me. If you have any clout, request Arrogant Bastard Ale. It's got a nice spicy kick.

I think I had the Arrogant Bastard last time I went. Hard to remember because I was probably a few drinks in and forgot to record it on my app. Seriously, I have a beer log app on my phone. :D

Regular Blue Moon, sure. But their Honey Wheat seasonal is nice. Found your Maredsous 8 on there.

Well Done Steve. I'll bet the Publishers just love you.

Thanks, HP :D Dunno about the publishers - yesterday's audience was other retailers - but I'm pretty hot in the cultural commercial sector right now. (Am I the only one to think that sounds really, really rude...? :rolleyes:)

"Missy." *snerk* Well, I actually walked down the block to pick up the mail today, so that's much better than yesterday already. :hug:

Oi. What're you snerking about...? :p

Congrats on the presentation, steve!

Thanks, man. :)

As an added bonus, I got to pop into the British Library on the way back to the station. God, I love that place. Just spending half an hour in that place is enough to feed the blackened, wizened husk that is my soul... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back