Domestic violence in erotica

blozo

Visit my Patreon!
Back in the 70s I had a friend who abused his wife, physically and mentally. One day he made her leave the house (yes, it was a trailer) so he could screw his ex girlfriend.
Well, she came over to my house (NOT a trailer) and pretty much asked me to do her. (I didn't)
One night he got drunk and beat her up pretty badly, so after he passed out she went to the kitchen and got a large cast iron skillet and beat him severely about the head and shoulders.
The cops, who had done almost nothing all those times he beat her, did even less than they usually did.
He was hospitalized for a very long time, and suffered a goodly amount of brain damage. She divorced him and moved away.
She was a sweet girl, and I've often wished I had banged her. I'd like to write a story in which I do and she leaves him without caving his skull in first.

Think I can get that past Laural?

I think that may depend upon how much of the story is about her bashing his head in.
If you don't go into too much bloody detail, you'll probably do OK with it, IMO

Back in the 70s I had a friend who abused his wife, physically and mentally. One day he made her leave the house (yes, it was a trailer) so he could screw his ex girlfriend.
Well, she came over to my house (NOT a trailer) and pretty much asked me to do her. (I didn't)
One night he got drunk and beat her up pretty badly, so after he passed out she went to the kitchen and got a large cast iron skillet and beat him severely about the head and shoulders.
The cops, who had done almost nothing all those times he beat her, did even less than they usually did.
He was hospitalized for a very long time, and suffered a goodly amount of brain damage. She divorced him and moved away.
She was a sweet girl, and I've often wished I had banged her. I'd like to write a story in which I do and she leaves him without caving his skull in first.

Abusive husbands get killed and beat up all the time. It's called, I've had enough and it's payback time. Write it like you noted it here and even put in the part where you fuck her. I think it will pass Laurel if you don't linger on the beating with the frying pan. I had the abused wife use a knife of her husband and it passed with no problem. Just don't post it in loving wives or the wolves will howl. :D

Speaking of a LW's troll, how's it hanging there jaF0? Why don't you bugger off instead, if the subject isn't to your taste.

Well, she accepted my series that included violence, murder, drugs and sundry crimes.

My understanding of her standard is that non-consentual violence is acceptable content as long as the object of the violence isn't portrayed as enjoying it or getting gratification from it.

Sounds like the seed for a potentially good story, blozo. Keep the blood-'n'gore down to the necessary minimum and it should fly.

(Donning Nomex) One could always turn it around. There are far more physically abusive wives than society cares to notice and the dynamics of such relationships are, shall we say, complex. (Just as a starter, few men are willing to file a criminal complaint saying they've been beaten up by a woman 2/3 their size.) I suspect that one of the biggest problems with using that in a story is that nobody who hasn't looked at the stats would take it as anything but satire or off-the-edge misogyny.

Violence is bad.

Well, she accepted my series that included violence, murder, drugs and sundry crimes.

My understanding of her standard is that non-consentual violence is acceptable content as long as the object of the violence isn't portrayed as enjoying it or getting gratification from it.

there is a massive shit load of domestic violence in stories on this website. EVERYTHING in the BDSM category is technically spousal abuse. AND yes, the one holding the whip while beating their spouse/significant other..... DOES GET OFF ON THE VIOLENCE.

Then you have lots of gratuitious violence in the Cheating wife section, Massive amounts. No one cares at all. Then you have the mental abuse aspect of domestic violence running rampant in the cheating wife section.

THen you have other sections like fantasy where MOST stories are about hacking and slashing your way through monsters and people.

Don't forget the were wolf stories where MOST seem to be all about raping the female were wolves

I've decided to write it, as true to the 40 year old memories as possible, except for the ending. Since it obviously has to go in LW, I'm not going to sweat the early reviews or nasty comments.
He's still gonna hook up with the skillet. Just not till after I leave town.

It may not be the answer to the original question, but I don't think that domestic violence can ever be sexy.

It may not be the answer to the original question, but I don't think that domestic violence can ever be sexy.
No, it might function as a foil or trigger, but not arousal except among pervs I *don't* want to know of. Even if sanitized by gender-flipping -- the victim must still react, and not for physical revenge. Still, it's close to mental abuse, which we see throughout LW / BtB stories.

Experiment: Write two versions of a story, one with physical violence, the other with 'merely' mental abuse. Do they play out differently?

Experiment: Write two versions of a story, one with physical violence, the other with 'merely' mental abuse. Do they play out differently?

Interesting. My goal was to keep the back story as true to life as possible, and she certainly endured enough psychological abuse to make the story work.
But then how do I justify her clobbering him with the iron skillet? Or do I lose that altogether, considering how hard it would be to justify the cops utter lack of interest in a young man with no violent history beaten into a coma with a frying pan?

Last edited:
"Everything in the BDSM catagory is technically spousal abuse."

I am not picking on the author of this line. That is not my intent. And, I am (thankfully) not a lawyer, so from a legal point of view (and there are plenty if other poorly worded laws, one State legislature erroneously worded a marriage law so only relatives could marry one another, they changed it quickly...)

Lost my train of thought...

What I am doing is tossing the rational/logical idea of intent into the mix. If a paramedic performs an emergency tracheotomy, without anestesia, on me to save my life, he stabbed me in the throat. But it's totally different than if a street thug does it in order to obtain my purse.

If my lover whips my ass to make me all sloppy wet before he buggers me. That's called foreplay. Not abuse. Sadly there are plenty of women out there who made poor choices to be with, or worse to stay with someone who abused them whether physically, emotionally or verbally.

They should help themselves, and find a way out. As a society we should help them by providing ways out. But it helps no one to mis-understand the problem.

And I say buy the OPs subject a new frying pan, the old one is too icky, all covered with blood and hair to cook with.

Work out your own salvation... For God works through you. -Philippians 2.12-13

Lisa Ann

Last edited:
I'm sure this would get past Laurel - there's far more graphic stuff on here, though you may have to dress it up in flashbacks or a clinical survey of the damage rather than a blow-by-blow.

A suggestion, and I do apologize if this is getting too personal - what would you have thought and how would you have felt if you had slept with her, but the events otherwise unfolded the same way? Would you have felt guilty? Complicit? Part of the whole mess? Or would your feelings have been more of the 'empty, not my problem' variety? Were it my story, I would probably go that direction and get into my own hypothetical headspace, getting into the aftermath of it, and forcing the reader work through and process the situation with me.

I suddenly remember; I received a kind-of similar reaction on one of my stories:

Yet, the story has a decent 4.7

Well, there you go. I don't even pretend to understand how stories get the scores they get. But well done you. :)

Then you have lots of gratuitious violence in the Cheating wife section, Massive amounts. No one cares at all. Then you have the mental abuse aspect of domestic violence running rampant in the cheating wife section.

Wow, considering I've been reading that section for close to twenty years and probably have read the vast majority of those stories, I wonder how I could have ever missed all that! :rolleyes:

Wow, considering I've been reading that section for close to twenty years and probably have read the vast majority of those stories, I wonder how I could have ever missed all that! :rolleyes:

just read one where the guy kept castrating his wifes "lovers" that got her pregnant after a beating. Killed one.

Read one were guy got tired of his cheating wife, moved him and her to texas, and while she was getting gang banged by a bunch of strangers coated the house in napalm and set them all on fire.

just plain bob stories I believe.

[Political posting is not welcome in the AH. Take politics to the political section of the board - AH Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
LOTS of good violence in these stories. Can be considered domestic violence as MOST liberals would consider the other guy as part of the relationship. And since its an attack on the wife.... its domestic violence
My one well-rated LW story has BtB doom inflicted by a deity via a mudslide smothering the cheaters. Divine violence, not domestic violence, makes all the difference. Lord {JHWH} did it, not an aggrieved spouse. Whew.

[Political posting is not welcome in the AH. Take politics to the political section of the board - AH Mod]

I think Pocketshaver's statement was meant to continue an attempt to infuse the AH with political partisanship--where it isn't wanted (the Web site itself has said).

Why they shouldn't allow computers in psychiatric wards. There's three of them on this thread now.

Yo nurse! Pull the fkn plug! :D

The politics, personal attacks, and speculative denigration of authors who aren't even active on the forum needs to stop, or there will be additional action.

Note that not every post removed from this thread violated any guidelines. Some simply made no sense without the post they quoted/referred to, and were removed only to clean up and put the thread back on track.

The best way to avoid such collateral damage is to ignore posts that deviate from the guidelines and stick to the subject of the thread.

Last edited:
The politics, personal attacks, and speculative denigration of authors who aren't even active on the forum needs to stop, or there will be additional action.

Note that not every post removed from this thread violated any guidelines. Some simply made no sense without the post they quoted/referred to, and were removed only to clean up and put the thread back on track.

The best way to avoid such collateral damage is to ignore posts that deviate from the guidelines and stick to the subject of the thread.

gee a lot of personal attacks still left up here.

I haven't read all the replies, but it seems things got off topic anyway.

I've written, well am writing, a story that the main subject is domestic violence. None of my friends will read it sadly, 'I don't want to read about that' is what they all tell me, but I really think some of it is some of my best writing.

It starts off with a young girl, she's 15 when they meet, getting raped on the beach during spring break. He fucks with her mind, tries to tell her that her first time was during spring break on a beach so she has nothing to complain about, and that's where it all starts.
A lot of mental abuse in the beginning, then the physical abuse.
He's about ten years older.
Obviously, I can't post it here since she's 15 when they meet, so I'm afraid no one will ever read it but me.

Right now though a lot of it is in pieces. You know how I complain from time to time about a story that was only on my old netbook, this is it. I've been trying to rewrite what I remember but I may never have it all back.

. I've written, well am writing, a story that the main subject is domestic violence. None of my friends will read it sadly, 'I don't want to read about that' is what they all tell me, but I really think some of it is some of my best writing.

It usually is your best writing when it’s something very close to you. The thing with real abusive relationships is they’re really not very erotic and readers generally don’t want depressing. I have a few YA novels with that abusive theme as a starting point but they’re generally about how the protagonist escapes and moves on with a happy ending. It’s a challenge, especially when you want to weave in an erotic theme. Good luck :rose:

As I understand it, from my experience, Laurel will accept violence if it’s integral to the story but she won’t accept what she considers gratuitous violence.

I had two examples of violence in a story. There was disagreement about the first one but I changed what happened because it wasn’t a big deal. I pointed out that if the second example, when the villain died, was changed it made the story pointless. She accepted my opinion.

Last edited:
Back