The Official Author's Hangout Valentine's Day 2013 Contest Support Thread

Welcome to The Official Author's Hangout Valentine's Day 2013 Contest Support Thread.

Beware of fake contests.
 
Was thinking of writing another story for the contest but the old mind isn't helping me. First two stories aren't doing the best but I kind of expected that with a Loving wife followed by an Incest. LOL
Oh well, we'll see.
DG
 
Was thinking of writing another story for the contest but the old mind isn't helping me. First two stories aren't doing the best but I kind of expected that with a Loving wife followed by an Incest. LOL
Oh well, we'll see.
DG

both look like they have respectable scores to me, and I certainly enjoyed them- but LW & incest (esp dad-daughter)are my core categories.

The first ending of the LW one was a bit glum, but it was rescued by the epilogue- left me wishing you had continued that part of the story.
 
Last edited:
yes you people are allowed to make nominations too...

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

[size=+2]
LIFETIME ACHIEVMENT AWARD
[/size]


The Board of Directors of the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.) decided some time ago that it would be appropriate to honor one of the giants of LITEROTICA fiction at the end of each of the Special Themed A.I.R. Contests.

They decided to call this new prize, one they believe will soon become emblematic of erotic fiction excellence and the most respected author’s award in the genre, the MANU. This name of course honors the first PRINCE of erotic fiction, a man who’s become a giant in the field of erotic publishing.

184_450pxStatue_of_a_Satyr_1.jpg

the [size=+2]:D MANU :D[/size] award

These prizes will be awarded based on the author’s complete body of work. We are now accepting nominations for the eighteenth MANU to be awarded. And the opportunity to join these great writers:

[size=+2]
the MANU

LITEROTICA’S LIFETIME ACHIEVMENT AWARD
[/size]

BarondeSade
BOSTONFICTIONWRITER
Daniellekitten
DG Hear
Goldeniangel

Just Plain Bob
Many Feathers
masterhypnotist
nikki_2021
rgjohn

SamuelX
Sarahhh
scouries
Slickman
TryAnything

Wm_Sexpear
youbadboy
 
We can submit 2 stories for the contest? What's the max?
 
Last edited:
Please ignore the Fake Award post above. It's just stupid lying to everyone as usual. :rolleyes:

The only AIR around is in his over inflated head. It goes with the over inflated ego. I doubt very seriously if anyone besides him and his alt even knows they are on that list.

Don't be fooled by fake contest or fake awards.
 
Fuck, sweeps have started

One thing I hate about contests - they get sweeps going like mad.

Just lost at least one vote from three of my stories in the past two days, and like I've said before I don't have any to spare.

Even if two of them were 1-bombs and removing one of them helped get my newest story back on a red H, I still resent the sweeps. 'Cause it's kind of flattering to think that someone sees a need to troll me with low scores.

Will be interesting to see if sun's next contest analysis include sweep data.
 
One thing I hate about contests - they get sweeps going like mad.

Just lost at least one vote from three of my stories in the past two days, and like I've said before I don't have any to spare.

Even if two of them were 1-bombs and removing one of them helped get my newest story back on a red H, I still resent the sweeps. 'Cause it's kind of flattering to think that someone sees a need to troll me with low scores.

Will be interesting to see if sun's next contest analysis include sweep data.

I've seen several of my contest stories slowly rise long after the contest is over, gaining favorites and points as they aged. None of my stories have placed higher than the middle of the pack, so I can't see where I was ever a threat to anyone, but it was both interesting and disheartening (from a competitive point of view) to see my stories well liked long after the contest ended.

I've seen others whine and moan about sweeps - not having enough of them, sweeps not being thorough enough, other authors being favored by sweeps, last minute ranking changes due to sweeps... blah, blah, blah.

It's an imperfect system, ripe for abuse and criticism with the most common advice being: Enjoy the extra readership contests bring to your work.

Do I honestly believe I'm a better writer than the past winners? Nope, not at all. Do I believe I'm on par with most of the winners? Truthfully, that's probably questionable, too. I believe anyone who wants to bitch about their score need to do nothing more than consider the quality of the winners. I have yet to see a winning story which I thought wasn't deserving of its win. The rest is luck, opinion, fan-base votes, category choice, point manipulation, inaccurate sweeps, whatever... choose your excuse for why "they" won instead of you. Winning might be fun (in theory, since I've never actually done it, though I did place in last year's Survivor Contest and I appreciate the Amazon gift certificate), otherwise, I see it as a writer's challenge for my muse to come up with an idea that fits the theme.

For the record, TimothyM, I don't perceive your comment as "bitching" about the sweep system or voting, your comment just triggered my sweep/voting based rant.
 
For the record, TimothyM, I don't perceive your comment as "bitching" about the sweep system or voting, your comment just triggered my sweep/voting based rant.

Not to worry, I knew it wasn't meant for me ;) 'Cause I'm not concerned with sweeps in the contests, whether they are fair or not. I'm bitching about the fact that non-contest stories get caught up too. I know they also get swept at other times, it just becomes more obvious during contests - and last time (Winter Contest) I lost good as well as bad votes. Oh well, c'est la vie.
 
One thing I hate about contests - they get sweeps going like mad.

Just lost at least one vote from three of my stories in the past two days, and like I've said before I don't have any to spare.

Even if two of them were 1-bombs and removing one of them helped get my newest story back on a red H, I still resent the sweeps. 'Cause it's kind of flattering to think that someone sees a need to troll me with low scores.

Will be interesting to see if sun's next contest analysis include sweep data.

It is early for a contest sweep. More than likely it is the start of the end of the month sweeps.

You can blame a bunch of the sweeps on one person because of his ballot box stuffing back years ago. You can probably blame a lot of the bombing on him also. It's his way of trying to discourage people from entering the real contests. It has also be speculated that he stuffs some people with 5's so his giant loses in the sweeps didn't stick out like a sore thumb like they did at the start.

Sweeps aren't perfect by any means but they are the best that Manu can do to keep the cheating down.

I know this doesn't make you feel any better but at least you have more information now.

Speaking of information, people keep asking how the sweeps work and what is involved. That is like installing a burglar alarm in your home and posting the schematics on the front lawn.
 
Speaking of information, people keep asking how the sweeps work and what is involved. That is like installing a burglar alarm in your home and posting the schematics on the front lawn.

Or like putting an alarm company's sign in your window or on your front lawn advertising the fact that you might have stuff worth stealing inside. Always found that a funny advertisement.
 
You can probably blame a lot of the bombing on him also. It's his way of trying to discourage people from entering the real contests.

Gee TxRad thanks a bunch, you just made me even more pissed about getting 1-bombs ;)
seeing as I'd never enter a contest anyway, so I don't need to be discouraged.

Nah, just joking. :) I'm happy with my scores, with or without 1-bombs they are usually as good as or higher than my stories deserves.

But I do get envious about the number of comments than other non-contest stories elicit. I'll take comments or feedback over votes any day.
 
Contest analysis - Valentine's Day Contest 2013

Good evening. The filibusters tell me that there are 32 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.21 from an average of 310 votes. Stories had an average of 19,178 views, an average of 7 favorites, and an average of 12 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.74%. The average number of pages is 3.1, with the longest story being 7 pages.

So far there have been a total of 9,935 votes, 613,697 views, 244 favorites and 384 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.21) is 0.56 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 310) is 304. The median score is 4.42, the median number of votes is 153 and the median number of pages is 3. The top 25% of scores are 4.54 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.96 or below.

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

  • Anal (2 stories)
  • BDSM (1 story)
  • Erotic Couplings (3 stories)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (2 stories)
  • Gay Male (2 stories)
  • Incest/Taboo (5 stories)
  • Loving Wives (4 stories)
  • NonHuman (1 story)
  • Novels and Novellas (2 stories)
  • Romance (8 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (1 story)

New stories today: None


Authors entered so far are:

BenLong, BrettJ, carlieplum, DG Hear (2), geronimo_appleby (2), glynndah, HeyAll, Ironiclaconic, JagFarlane, luvthedesserts (2), msgrant67, MSTarot, nicerack, OctavianEarth, qingming, RedHairedandFriendly, RjThoughts, sexnovella, silkstockingslover, sirhugs, sr71plt (2), SusanJillParker, sweet_lusciousdesire, Totzman, Transverse, Tx Tall Tales, xelliebabex, YDB95

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on the category page, the author's page, and the toplists page, can all be different. Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Valentine's Day Contest 2013
 
Where have all the stories gone....

It is early for a contest sweep. More than likely it is the start of the end of the month sweeps.

Seems you were right, TxRad. No sweeps mentioned by sun_sea_sky.

And do my eyes deceive me: ANOTHER day without new stories !!!
 
Please ignore the above post. There is no such place or thing as scouriesworld. It is a fantasy made up by scouries to make himself feel like somebody.

There is no such thing as AIR except in scouries head. All the contests he rants about are all fake. All the Awards he trys to pass off as real are fake. Then there are all his lists that are, you guessed it, fake.

Since scouries is the only one who has any say (vote) in or on his fake contests, you can guess who voted a fake contest number anything. Poor delusional scouries.

Thank you for your time.
 
Last edited:
There is no such thing as AIR except in scouries head. All the contests he rants about are all fake. All the Awards he trys to pass off as real are fake. Then there are all his lists that are, you guessed it, fake.

Since scouries is the only one who has any say (vote) in or on his fake contests, you can guess who voted a fake contest number anything. Poor delusional scouries.

Thank you for your time.

You know, as a relative "newbie" on this site (compared to others) - I've stayed out of the Scouries fray. I've sighed at the constant battle that seems to be waged without a historical understanding of it. On one hand, it's felt very odd to me that someone would be allowed to run a concurrent contest within a site. It felt very odd to me that someone who be so bored that they would put the time and effort into making the many posts that Scouries does and to what end? What could it gain him? On the opposite hand has been his constant naysayers regularly sending up the alarm. To this outsider, it feels very weird. I don't know where the truth lies or what egregious slights (real or imagined) may have happened in the past between people.

In general, I believe I've laid relatively low - afraid of attracting a legion of "one-bombs" from one faction or the other. Honestly, I don't know where the truth lies or if all turns out to be a modern day version of the "Hatfields v McCoys." That said, on a whim, I took a look at the rules for Scouries's contest and I'm left with questions... From his rules:

"You can begin submitting your stories on January 17th and up until February 10th . We encourage all contestants to submit their stories as early in the submission window as possible. Those authors who try to abuse the system by entering their stories at the very last hour (using the infamous darkboy technique) will risk having their stories disqualified."

What's the point of having an announced ending date if it doesn't count as an actual ending date? Based on the wording of this rule, submitting a story on Feb 10th potentially means its disregarded under the "darkboy" ruling? Doesn't that make the effective deadline Feb. 9th? If the effective deadline is Feb. 9th, then why not say so? And if it deadline becomes Feb. 9th, would an entry still become invalidated as being a "last minute entry" if it was made on the 9th? If so, that makes the effective entry date Feb. 8th. And if....

"The winners will be announced on or around February 14th"

I've always hated this sort of nebulous wording. "On or around..." So, does that mean Feb 13th? Feb 15th? I don't know. And why take so much heat with announcing your winners two days after the official ending date of the Lit contest? So you don't steal Lit's thunder? So you can see who wins there, first? It's suspicious at worst and misleading at best.

"PLEASE NOTE: While the LITEROTICA Valentines Day Contest runs at the same time as the A.I.R. Contest the two are totally separate and run under a different set of rules."

Why would the site owners/moderators allow this and not advertise it on their main page? Seems as if promoting a secondary contest would add to the site. Instead, it's only allowed to run as an advertisement in the forums? I applaud the site owners/moderators' hands-off approach to things, but I believe their silence on this issue speaks volumes against it.

"- Prizes will be awarded in the following categories (a story can only win one prize in each contest):

1) Best Overall Story
2) Most Views
3) Most Comments
4) Most Votes
5) Highest Score
6) Most Favorited"


I like the idea of awarding prizes for different criteria than mere votes alone - however, what ARE these prizes? Lit.com mentions them specifically and I can personally vouch for Lit's awarding of prizes. I've made good use of the runner-up prize I earned in last year's Survivor Contest.

"- A story has to accrue a minimum of 250 votes to be eligible (higher in some categories). The vote, comment, view, favorite, and score numbers that are reported by LITEROTICA will be used subject to final verification by the A.I.R. Computer Center."

Um, which other categories? Shouldn't those categories be listed in the rules? I guess we're left to guess what they are?

"- Authors are prohibited from voting or commenting on their own stories. Their votes on competing stories will also be swept away."

This rule feels the most suspicious to me. Without access to the Lit server, how can Scouries (or anyone else for that matter) know who voted for whom? I haven't found the setting that allows me to see which IP addresses voted for my stories or anyone else's. I don't believe such a setting exists for the average user to access. What prevents me from making an anonymous statement on my story or anyone else's?

"- It must be erotic in content.

- Non-Human/Science-Fiction category stories will not be accepted in this contest.

- Story must not exceed 5 LITEROTICA pages in length (20,000 words).
"

Each of these rules feel arbitrary to me. Non-erotic, Non-Human, and Novella are three categories for Lit. Why not allow them in this contest? Why the word limit on a contest that is based on readership? Readers shouldn't be allowed to read this material? Sorry, but I don't allow others to approve my tastes in subject matter or its length.

"- Each author is allowed only one submission (under his name and his various ALTS – ie darkboy and the lesslight ALT are allowed only one entry - not two) per contest. "

Without special access to Lit server records or an announcement on the part of the author, how is one to know an entry was submitted by an alt? Suspicious at best. I suppose one could suggest identity based on writing style, but that's not the sort of evaluation that could be done by an amateur.

"-An exception to this rule has been made for Top 25 “Most Favorited” authors – they are allowed two or three depending upon their ranking."

Aside from invalidating the previous rule, this rule leaves me wondering; if I was the Top 13 favored author, could I submit two or three stories?

"- No character may be named Pauletta."

It's your contest and your rules - so whatever. I guess you can say you will only allow stories that use the word "dickhead" at least six times. That said, I'm uncomfortable with any contest that impedes my ability to name my characters any name I want.

"- Don’t just submit some rehashed story you’ve been working on for years. We want something fresh. Be creative!"

Does this mean I should hold on to my period piece set in the 1970's before computers and cell phones were everywhere? It's a new story that I just wrote, I promise! I mean, seriously, how is this distinction made?

"- A.I.R. reserves the right to disqualify without notice or explanation any story in which any kind of cheating or vote-tampering is suspected."

How is this measured? What classifies as cheating or vote-tampering? Would including a note at the end of the story soliciting votes be cheating? What if I list the story in my signature line? What if I make a public forum announcement of my post? How "suspected" does the suspicion need to be? Can I post MY suspicions in a forum? Or am I somehow disqualified from making an accusation, too?

"- Every story that meets the above criteria and is submitted to LITEROTICA during the contest period will be automatically entered into the A.I.R. contest. No special submission form must be filled out. We believe in inclusivity!"

Hm, I entered every Lit contest last year, I don't recall seeing any of my stories included in a second contest. Perhaps I was disqualified in some way I didn't realize? I also don't remember seeing a listing of my story (along with the other stories in the competition), ala http://www.literotica.com/stories/contest.php/valentines-day-2013 If there's no where for me to submit my story, how do I know I entered? What if I ONLY want to participate in the A.I.R. contest and not the Lit.com contest? What am I to do then? How will people know I'm a contestant in the A.I.R. contest?

"- If you have any questions regarding any of the above or anything pertaining to our contests, feel free to contact me by PM or email, or post any questions you have on this thread."

I don't have any interest in hijacking one of Scouries's threads with my doubts and concerns. I don't see any announcements in his contest thread inviting people to enter the official Lit.com contest. so I'll leave my comments here where I see the constant back and forth between Scouries and others along with one more thought: I see lots of naysayers against Scouries, but I apparently miss seeing his equally passionate defenders. Interesting and telling.
 
Hi Bucky Very good points - you should copy your post to the anti-scouries thread, where it will be even more appreciated. ;)
 
I don't know where the truth lies or what egregious slights (real or imagined) may have happened in the past between people.

This is probably why TxRad and a few others continue to point out that all of Scouries's fake contests are barf. You indicate you still don't know where the truth lies in that, so obviously there are highly gullible folks who will be bamboozled by Scouries if his ridiculous games aren't continually pointed out as fake no matter how obvious and inane they are on their own.

The only real headscratcher here is why the Web site hasn't just rubbed all his nonsense out years ago as detrimental to their business.
 
...The only real headscratcher here is why the Web site hasn't just rubbed all his nonsense out years ago as detrimental to their business.

It's allowance is what adds a level of doubt. However, I applaud Lit.com's hands-off approach to the forums, even when it comes to this matter.

What's equally interesting (and not added to my original thoughts): if entry into the A.I.R. contest is automatic with a submission to the Lit.com contest, why haven't I seen any "Thank You's" from the winners. Seems insincere on the part of the winners not to mention their win in the other contest. Unless, of course, the other contest IS insincere. Hm....

:D
 
You know, as a relative "newbie" on this site (compared to others) - I've stayed out of the Scouries fray. I've sighed at the constant battle that seems to be waged without a historical understanding of it. On one hand, it's felt very odd to me that someone would be allowed to run a concurrent contest within a site. It felt very odd to me that someone who be so bored that they would put the time and effort into making the many posts that Scouries does and to what end? What could it gain him? On the opposite hand has been his constant naysayers regularly sending up the alarm. To this outsider, it feels very weird. I don't know where the truth lies or what egregious slights (real or imagined) may have happened in the past between people.

Scouries hawks himself as the number 1 writer on Lit. The thing is, he has never won any real contest on Lit. Not a Monthly, Special, or Year End. To him, the problem is the AH and Lit Management are cheating him out of these awards. So his way of dealing with it is two fold. One he sets ups his own List of Views & Votes to associate his mane with the top writers on this site. Two, he sets up his own fake contests and awards so he can win something even if he is the only one who has a say (vote) on the matter.

The naysayers are doing what they are doing to warn newbies about his lies, haldtruths, and bullshit. He ran off several new people here in the AH before we started doin this. I have nothing personal against scouries, just his bullshit and lies.


In general, I believe I've laid relatively low - afraid of attracting a legion of "one-bombs" from one faction or the other. Honestly, I don't know where the truth lies or if all turns out to be a modern day version of the "Hatfields v McCoys." That said, on a whim, I took a look at the rules for Scouries's contest and I'm left with questions... From his rules:

"You can begin submitting your stories on January 17th and up until February 10th . We encourage all contestants to submit their stories as early in the submission window as possible. Those authors who try to abuse the system by entering their stories at the very last hour (using the infamous darkboy technique) will risk having their stories disqualified."

Scouries thinks that if you wait until the last minute you can win because the number of votes will be low and only a writers fans will know it's out there. Plus scouries won't have time to drop all his low vote bombs on it.

What's the point of having an announced ending date if it doesn't count as an actual ending date? Based on the wording of this rule, submitting a story on Feb 10th potentially means its disregarded under the "darkboy" ruling? Doesn't that make the effective deadline Feb. 9th? If the effective deadline is Feb. 9th, then why not say so? And if it deadline becomes Feb. 9th, would an entry still become invalidated as being a "last minute entry" if it was made on the 9th? If so, that makes the effective entry date Feb. 8th. And if....

"The winners will be announced on or around February 14th"

I've always hated this sort of nebulous wording. "On or around..." So, does that mean Feb 13th? Feb 15th? I don't know. And why take so much heat with announcing your winners two days after the official ending date of the Lit contest? So you don't steal Lit's thunder? So you can see who wins there, first? It's suspicious at worst and misleading at best.

Exactly. Since everyone who wins is a cheater in the real contest he wouldn't want the same people on his fake list.

"PLEASE NOTE: While the LITEROTICA Valentines Day Contest runs at the same time as the A.I.R. Contest the two are totally separate and run under a different set of rules."

Why would the site owners/moderators allow this and not advertise it on their main page? Seems as if promoting a secondary contest would add to the site. Instead, it's only allowed to run as an advertisement in the forums? I applaud the site owners/moderators' hands-off approach to things, but I believe their silence on this issue speaks volumes against it.

It is a fake contest so why would they advertise it?

"- Prizes will be awarded in the following categories (a story can only win one prize in each contest):

1) Best Overall Story
2) Most Views
3) Most Comments
4) Most Votes
5) Highest Score
6) Most Favorited"


I like the idea of awarding prizes for different criteria than mere votes alone - however, what ARE these prizes? Lit.com mentions them specifically and I can personally vouch for Lit's awarding of prizes. I've made good use of the runner-up prize I earned in last year's Survivor Contest.

There are no prizes in a fake contest. The only reason for the contest at all is to disrupt and delute the real contest.

"- A story has to accrue a minimum of 250 votes to be eligible (higher in some categories). The vote, comment, view, favorite, and score numbers that are reported by LITEROTICA will be used subject to final verification by the A.I.R. Computer Center."

Um, which other categories? Shouldn't those categories be listed in the rules? I guess we're left to guess what they are?

Any category he so choices since he is the only one with a say (vote). And the 250 vote rule would mean most of the categories would be left out.

"- Authors are prohibited from voting or commenting on their own stories. Their votes on competing stories will also be swept away."

This rule feels the most suspicious to me. Without access to the Lit server, how can Scouries (or anyone else for that matter) know who voted for whom? I haven't found the setting that allows me to see which IP addresses voted for my stories or anyone else's. I don't believe such a setting exists for the average user to access. What prevents me from making an anonymous statement on my story or anyone else's?

He has no idea who voted for what, anymore than any of the rest of us. It is his way of pointing out what he thinis is cheating.

"- It must be erotic in content.

- Non-Human/Science-Fiction category stories will not be accepted in this contest.

- Story must not exceed 5 LITEROTICA pages in length (20,000 words).
"

Each of these rules feel arbitrary to me. Non-erotic, Non-Human, and Novella are three categories for Lit. Why not allow them in this contest? Why the word limit on a contest that is based on readership? Readers shouldn't be allowed to read this material? Sorry, but I don't allow others to approve my tastes in subject matter or its length.

He doesn't think non-erotic should be allowed in the contests period. He also thinks Non-Human/Science-Fiction win too many contests so they are out also. He also thinks long stories have an unfair advantage.

"- Each author is allowed only one submission (under his name and his various ALTS – ie darkboy and the lesslight ALT are allowed only one entry - not two) per contest. "

Without special access to Lit server records or an announcement on the part of the author, how is one to know an entry was submitted by an alt? Suspicious at best. I suppose one could suggest identity based on writing style, but that's not the sort of evaluation that could be done by an amateur.

He has no way of know who is who, anymore than the rest of us. He uses alts all the time and thinks everyone else does also.

"-An exception to this rule has been made for Top 25 “Most Favorited” authors – they are allowed two or three depending upon their ranking."

Aside from invalidating the previous rule, this rule leaves me wondering; if I was the Top 13 favored author, could I submit two or three stories?

He doesn't care about the top 25 authors one way or the other except to throw their names around. He just doesn't want anyone else to post more than one story. See his alt rule aboe. The same thing.

"- No character may be named Pauletta."

It's your contest and your rules - so whatever. I guess you can say you will only allow stories that use the word "dickhead" at least six times. That said, I'm uncomfortable with any contest that impedes my ability to name my characters any name I want.

Pauletta is a reacurring character that Box uses in a lot of stories. Scouries hate the character for two reasons. One Pauletta is a transvestite and scouries is over the top homophobic. Two, he thinks if the same character is in teo stories they are chapters. He does not understand sequals at all because it doesn't suit his arguements

"- Don’t just submit some rehashed story you’ve been working on for years. We want something fresh. Be creative!"

Does this mean I should hold on to my period piece set in the 1970's before computers and cell phones were everywhere? It's a new story that I just wrote, I promise! I mean, seriously, how is this distinction made?

No this means he wants you to throw out some trash you wrote in fifteen minutes like he does.

"- A.I.R. reserves the right to disqualify without notice or explanation any story in which any kind of cheating or vote-tampering is suspected."

How is this measured? What classifies as cheating or vote-tampering? Would including a note at the end of the story soliciting votes be cheating? What if I list the story in my signature line? What if I make a public forum announcement of my post? How "suspected" does the suspicion need to be? Can I post MY suspicions in a forum? Or am I somehow disqualified from making an accusation, too?

This is scouries rule to disqualify anyone he doesn't like.

"- Every story that meets the above criteria and is submitted to LITEROTICA during the contest period will be automatically entered into the A.I.R. contest. No special submission form must be filled out. We believe in inclusivity!"

Hm, I entered every Lit contest last year, I don't recall seeing any of my stories included in a second contest. Perhaps I was disqualified in some way I didn't realize? I also don't remember seeing a listing of my story (along with the other stories in the competition), ala http://www.literotica.com/stories/contest.php/valentines-day-2013 If there's no where for me to submit my story, how do I know I entered? What if I ONLY want to participate in the A.I.R. contest and not the Lit.com contest? What am I to do then? How will people know I'm a contestant in the A.I.R. contest?

All that means is that scouries uses the stories submitted to the contest and any story he finds on the new list with the right name on it. It doesn't even have to be on theme.

"- If you have any questions regarding any of the above or anything pertaining to our contests, feel free to contact me by PM or email, or post any questions you have on this thread."

I don't have any interest in hijacking one of Scouries's threads with my doubts and concerns. I don't see any announcements in his contest thread inviting people to enter the official Lit.com contest. so I'll leave my comments here where I see the constant back and forth between Scouries and others along with one more thought: I see lots of naysayers against Scouries, but I apparently miss seeing his equally passionate defenders. Interesting and telling.

He has no defenders. He has a thread in the Feedback form that has been up for at least 6 years. Never has there been a fan on it that wasn't one of his alts.

Scouries is a joke with all his crap but it is also dangerous to newbies and the site itself. Laurel and Manu believe in free speach totally. I've seen stuff and heard about stuff in other forums that on most sites would have gotten someone banned. Here the moderator edits or moves the posts but can't ban anyone. The AH doesn't even have a moderator.
 
What's equally interesting (and not added to my original thoughts): if entry into the A.I.R. contest is automatic with a submission to the Lit.com contest, why haven't I seen any "Thank You's" from the winners. Seems insincere on the part of the winners not to mention their win in the other contest. Unless, of course, the other contest IS insincere. Hm....

:D

Here's the problem. You really shouldn't have to go far enough with considering Scouries's posts to even surface a question like this. Your bullshit meter needs to be fixed.

And that's why folks have to keep pointing out the Scouries's contests are fakes. Because some other posters have bullshit meters as broken as yours apparently is.
 
Back
Top