GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi GI, hi lurkers. If you're TG and reading this, don't be put off if there are way too many threads talking about us - this is our bit, so be counted, be heard. We deserve to have a space here too. :heart:

So I posted this on my Tumblr and it went ballistic :) Obviously it hit the spot for a lot of people - it did me.

tumblr_mo3dct9atZ1rx9ovro1_250.jpg

The trouble with commercial lubes is they use a preservative, which I'm allergic too - it makes my bits sore ( the spermicide, Nonoxyl-9 used in many condoms, is horrible too ) so ... I found this

Home made Lube

Tried it last night
Very happy :)

Does anyone else have probs with Nonoxyl-9? It seems to be the spermicide go-to for Durex. Interesting factoid: when I had my flu-jab last year I checked the contents and it also contained N-9... the pharmacist didn't even know what it was. Apparently it is also a preservative. There. Sorry but I'm a wee bit geek :cool:

Last edited:
The trouble with commercial lubes is they use a preservative, which I'm allergic too - it makes my bits sore ( the spermicide, Nonoxyl-9 used in many condoms, is horrible too ) so ... I found this

Home made Lube

Tried it last night

Does anyone else have probs with Nonoxyl-9? It seems to be the spermicide go-to for Durex. Interesting factoid: when I had my flu-jab last year I checked the contents and it also contained N-9... the pharmacist didn't even know what it was. Apparently it is also a preservative. There. Sorry but I'm a wee bit geek :cool:

Well, you got my attention!!! Now, what do you do with this to make you very happy?? Drink it?? ;)

Home made Lube

Tried it last night

Oh! :heart:
That is really *useful*!
If only I had the guts to put it up on facebook. But hey, I don't have a fetlife account for nothing. :devil:

Dear curious it is not you! this place has slowed waaaaay down, don't you dare stay in the corner it is not you. Please forgive me, I have been away for a while. *hugs and kisses* to all. I have been doing a little stand up comedy, I doll up and hit the stage as me. Sometimes I do not know what I am going to talk about but since my mind zags when it should be ziggiing from my ADD mind. Working on my next stand up, it is a challenge because a lot of the same people go there so I have to have material that is different each time.

I also use it as a vehicle to educate the public about us trans girls
Gi that's amazing you go for it girl. working on Burlesque shows I know what it takes to get up and put yourself in the spotlight.

Enjoy it and reach for the stars :rose::kiss::rose:

Hi Stickygirl, hi TJ, Hi Allyourbase, Hi Gi:kiss: have been reading and lurking but have just been too exhausted recently to post. I haven't even had time for any shoe shopping:D :rose:

The lube vid looks good though sadly the only sticky mess I have managed to get into recently was at the World Custard Pie Throwing Championships, which was messy and fun, but we were dressed as nuns to symbolise none of us getting any love, sex or romance :(

As we got shows for next 2 weeks , I am hoping for some surprise romance when we get to Glastonbury festival for our break. Wont hold me breath thou.

mood: tired but horny

music: Good Charlotte - the young and the restless.

wearing: gold lame ball gown, killer gold 8" platform heels, stockings and red frilly knickers, yes you guessed I been rehearsing all nite .

love to you all :rose::heart::kiss:

Hi Stickygirl, hi TJ, Hi Allyourbase, Hi Gi:kiss: have been reading and lurking but have just been too exhausted recently to post. I haven't even had time for any shoe shopping:D :rose:

The lube vid looks good though sadly the only sticky mess I have managed to get into recently was at the World Custard Pie Throwing Championships, which was messy and fun, but we were dressed as nuns to symbolise none of us getting any love, sex or romance :(

As we got shows for next 2 weeks , I am hoping for some surprise romance when we get to Glastonbury festival for our break. Wont hold me breath thou.

mood: tired but horny

music: Good Charlotte - the young and the restless.

wearing: gold lame ball gown, killer gold 8" platform heels, stockings and red frilly knickers, yes you guessed I been rehearsing all nite .

love to you all :rose::heart::kiss:

Hi! :rose:

Hoping you'll get some surprise romance.

Sounds like a perfect outfit to go get some groceries in ;) Well, that one, and the nun-dress :p

I've got a day off. The magazine I make went to the printer's yesterday, and it's quiet.

Will probably clean the house while listening to some of the tips people gave in my TED-talk thread (*points to sig line*)

The lawn and hedges in the front yard have exploded, but I don't have the equipment to tone them down yet. We moved here a couple of months ago and didn't have a garden before. I'm not in a hurry either. I'm worried what our neighbours think of us now. :eek: *sigh*

Hi! :rose:

Hoping you'll get some surprise romance.

Sounds like a perfect outfit to go get some groceries in ;) Well, that one, and the nun-dress :p

I've got a day off. The magazine I make went to the printer's yesterday, and it's quiet.

Will probably clean the house while listening to some of the tips people gave in my TED-talk thread (*points to sig line*)

The lawn and hedges in the front yard have exploded, but I don't have the equipment to tone them down yet. We moved here a couple of months ago and didn't have a garden before. I'm not in a hurry either. I'm worried what our neighbours think of us now. :eek: *sigh*

I hope your enjoying your day off:rose:

Romance yes would be nice but unlikely, well we travelled dressed as nuns by train for a couple of hours, got some fun pics of the four of us sitting there reading 50 shades of grey, a number of other passengers took pics , don't think they could figure out what was going on :D The dress and shoes I tried on in the shop when I bought them, but then again most of the boutiques and clothes stores round here are used to me.

I love gardening but, have had no time recently so now, have to pay a nice man to come and do the maintenance for me, I am very house proud so would hate the neighbours to think I was slovenly in my garden upkeep, just wish I had time and some decent weather to enjoy it.:rose:

mood: panicking at my to do list

music: Jayne County - Deviation

wearing: silver barberella style outfit with purple bob wig,

Bit of a bump but here's a report about Eddie Izzard receiving an award. I like his attitude when he says transgender is a gift :)

http://lexiecannes.wordpress.com/2013/03/08/actor-comedian-eddie-izzard-says-being-transgender-is-a-gift/

Oh I only saw this Eddie Izzard post just now.
Damn I :heart: Izzard.

Once I had a very uncomfortable procedure done in the hospitable, which whiped me out for a couple of days, commuting between bed and toilet. I've survived thanks to my laptop, sitting on the toilet, watching Eddie Izzard shows. :rolleyes: I'm sure he would've approved. *ahem*

Well, that, and the fact that I tried to explain 'not being transsexual but not being female either' to the guy who runs our meditation group, and he said: "yes you are female, you can be female and wear guys clothes. A bit like Eddie Izzard! It works for him!" Heheheh. I'm not sure he really got it, but it was close enough! :D:D

I hope your enjoying your day off:rose:

Romance yes would be nice but unlikely, well we travelled dressed as nuns by train for a couple of hours, got some fun pics of the four of us sitting there reading 50 shades of grey, a number of other passengers took pics , don't think they could figure out what was going on :D The dress and shoes I tried on in the shop when I bought them, but then again most of the boutiques and clothes stores round here are used to me.

I love gardening but, have had no time recently so now, have to pay a nice man to come and do the maintenance for me, I am very house proud so would hate the neighbours to think I was slovenly in my garden upkeep, just wish I had time and some decent weather to enjoy it.:rose:

mood: panicking at my to do list

music: Jayne County - Deviation

wearing: silver barberella style outfit with purple bob wig,

Hahaha, reading 50 shades! That makes it perfect. :D

My garden is... well... neat enough. I don't know why I worry what the neighbours think, but apparently I do. :eek: Also, cutting a lawn with shears is something else. My arms still hurt. This garden does not suit my personality. Seriously, we bought a house with a lawn and a some box hedges, it is so not us!

Oh I only saw this Eddie Izzard post just now.
Damn I :heart: Izzard.

Once I had a very uncomfortable procedure done in the hospitable, which whiped me out for a couple of days, commuting between bed and toilet. I've survived thanks to my laptop, sitting on the toilet, watching Eddie Izzard shows. :rolleyes: I'm sure he would've approved. *ahem*

Well, that, and the fact that I tried to explain 'not being transsexual but not being female either' to the guy who runs our meditation group, and he said: "yes you are female, you can be female and wear guys clothes. A bit like Eddie Izzard! It works for him!" Heheheh. I'm not sure he really got it, but it was close enough! :D:D

Hahaha, reading 50 shades! That makes it perfect. :D

My garden is... well... neat enough. I don't know why I worry what the neighbours think, but apparently I do. :eek: Also, cutting a lawn with shears is something else. My arms still hurt. This garden does not suit my personality. Seriously, we bought a house with a lawn and a some box hedges, it is so not us!

Well I would never use shears, both my lawnmower and hedge cutters have bigger engines than my motorbike, makes it so much easier and pleasant.

I am a big Eddie Izzard fan, have you seen the movie he made with Matt Le Blanc (Joey from Friends) called "All The Queens Men" in which they play transvestites trying to steal an enigma machine. Although I like it, it bombed badly at the box office.:rose:

Had a new experience today, while in Boots the Pharmacy, I was treated to a free Loreal Foundation match test, which was offered by a consultant who was extremely helpful. She said that anyone male or female can go in any Boots and request a free foundation test without fear of refusal, so I suggest that you take advantage of the offer, and you also get a voucher discounting their foundation by £3 if you have the test done. Even with my experience it showed I was wasting money on the wrong one, new one looks fab, which she kindly gave me as thanks for being her first male customer ever. The girls I was with bitched cos they had to pay for theirs! :D :rose:

mood: tired

music: Monochrome Set - Flesh, Trash, Heat

wearing: red satin bathrobe

I love ordinary days

Loreal is great isn't it?

Dear Daily Vibe...
today nothing special happened and I can't tell you how good that felt: the nice lads at the local shop continue to be cheerful; I got a letter addressed to me; I chatted to my neighbours who I always took to be very 'conservative'; I have applied for my provisional driving licence and I have applied for temp job.
All of these are potential gender traps. Today, none of them were :)

Dear Daily Vibe...
today nothing special happened and I can't tell you how good that felt: the nice lads at the local shop continue to be cheerful; I got a letter addressed to me; I chatted to my neighbours who I always took to be very 'conservative'; I have applied for my provisional driving licence and I have applied for temp job.

congrats, nice days like that should be savoured slowly:rose:

Well I would never use shears, both my lawnmower and hedge cutters have bigger engines than my motorbike, makes it so much easier and pleasant.

I am a big Eddie Izzard fan, have you seen the movie he made with Matt Le Blanc (Joey from Friends) called "All The Queens Men" in which they play transvestites trying to steal an enigma machine. Although I like it, it bombed badly at the box office.:rose:

Had a new experience today, while in Boots the Pharmacy, I was treated to a free Loreal Foundation match test, which was offered by a consultant who was extremely helpful. She said that anyone male or female can go in any Boots and request a free foundation test without fear of refusal, so I suggest that you take advantage of the offer, and you also get a voucher discounting their foundation by £3 if you have the test done. Even with my experience it showed I was wasting money on the wrong one, new one looks fab, which she kindly gave me as thanks for being her first male customer ever. The girls I was with bitched cos they had to pay for theirs! :D :rose:

mood: tired

music: Monochrome Set - Flesh, Trash, Heat

wearing: red satin bathrobe

Edit: I so have to check out that Izzard movie!

Ha! Congrats on the foundation! Good advice is worth a lot.

It's something I have had on my face for, like, two times in my entire life, so I couldn't pick the right one even if someone forced me to, I fear. Though, I have had a style and color advice session, when I was in a very feminine period. Even though I'm quite boi these days, I don't regret it, most of it is still very useful knowledge.

Dear Daily Vibe...

Nice! :rose:

This morning: a ton of laundry, but no laundry powder. And no coffee milk. AND NO COFFEE. How to start!? :D

I'm going to ride my transport bike to a discount supermarket a few villages from here. To get coffee. And other, significantly less significant groceries. :p

Running out of coffee is the stuff of my worst nightmares.:eek:

Was out at the weekend promoting our latest run of shows, judging by the number of vehicles passing and tooting their horns, I must have looked good, it certainly boosted my mood and confidence. :rose:
One highlight was having a conversation for almost 10 minutes with a woman I have known since school days, who showed absolutely no glimpse of recognition,, when I revealed my identity she was amazed and totally gobsmacked.
I knew that when I try I can be passable but this weekend it hit a whole new level. So feeling very happy at moment.:kiss:
To bring me back to earth I have a major pile of costumes and props to sew and paint over next few days, so better get off lit and on the job:rose:

mood: happy happy

wearing: red satin robe. and 3 gallons of moisturiser, as just had a lovely pamper bath.

music: Carole King - Sweet Seasons

I was bored because there's so little happening in LGBT ( present company excepted of course ) so I had a look at Personals. Best laugh I've had in ages: there are a couple of people advertising for shemales and TS's that have been bumping their thread for months and not had a single reply.
I wonder why?! :D

You're always so busy Silky!! That must have been fun doing the 'reveal' :eek:O I heard about a girl who met some pre-transitioned friends socially. One of them kept staring and said 'do I know you', which kinda worried her, but then the guy said 'is your brother so and so'. She finally tried to explain who she had been before but this guy wouldn't buy it - thought she was winding him up. Now that's convincing!! I'd love that to happen - it would be such a confidence boost.

- recovering from apparent newly acquired intolerance to something in pizza - it might be cayenne pepper - so feeling fragile :( It was home-cooked so not food poisoning.

Listening to Daughter but Carole King.... I've got that here somewhere :rose:

I was bored because there's so little happening in LGBT ( present company excepted of course ) so I had a look at Personals. Best laugh I've had in ages: there are a couple of people advertising for shemales and TS's that have been bumping their thread for months and not had a single reply.
I wonder why?! :D

You're always so busy Silky!! That must have been fun doing the 'reveal' :eek:O I heard about a girl who met some pre-transitioned friends socially. One of them kept staring and said 'do I know you', which kinda worried her, but then the guy said 'is your brother so and so'. She finally tried to explain who she had been before but this guy wouldn't buy it - thought she was winding him up. Now that's convincing!! I'd love that to happen - it would be such a confidence boost.

- recovering from apparent newly acquired intolerance to something in pizza - it might be cayenne pepper - so feeling fragile :( It was home-cooked so not food poisoning.

Listening to Daughter but Carole King.... I've got that here somewhere :rose:

Yes the personals, are good for a cheering read lol:)

Well I have to keep busy to fund my shoe and shopping habits, probably be cheaper if I got addicted to heroin :p

I was actually genuinely surprised I had to do a reveal, was fun though, but all round while we were out promoting the show we received a brilliant response from all we met. All the top posh boutiques in town invited us In and offered us the use of their windows for advertising the show. Got a couple of gifts from 2 of them to, of things the owners thought I would look amazing in. so was rewarding all round :rose:

Poor you allergies are horrible, food ones especially as can make eating out difficult. I hope you recover fast :heart:

My main food allergy is always to the 4th bottle of any wine, must be something to do with the corks they use :rolleyes:

Oh those damn corks! Iknowwhatyoumean! :D (A drink, good idea.)

Already know what it was in that pizza that made you ill, stickygirl?

I'm organising a small queer event this saturday, first time, and I'm nervous. I hope everything goes well.

There's a chance some of the people who visit know me from a kinky context. I'm half-confident they'll either shut up about it, or the group as a whole will feel safe enough to not worry. That, and, I have a straight partner, who's ambivalent about the idea of me being semi-public with being queer.

We did a workshop together in a queer context last weekend, and he liked it. He's getting there, really. (I hope... :eek:)

Oh, that workshop? Toy making from old bicycle parts.

FUCKING AWESOME! so much fun!

I just MADE a strap on harnass. With my own bare hands! Out of old bike tires. It looks fabulously post-apocalyptic shabby-chique sexy.

*feel so butch right now*

My guy made an arm binder, which is even cooler. Out of bike tires. Saves us a ton of money and I am in love with that thing.

Oh, that workshop? Toy making from old bicycle parts.

FUCKING AWESOME! so much fun!

I just MADE a strap on harnass. With my own bare hands! Out of old bike tires. It looks fabulously post-apocalyptic shabby-chique sexy.

*feel so butch right now*

My guy made an arm binder, which is even cooler. Out of bike tires. Saves us a ton of money and I am in love with that thing.

I hope your meet up goes well and that your partner can relax and enjoy it:rose:

Making stuff is great fun, especially when it saves money for important stuff like shoes and corsets:rose:

Have to admit though today I am fed up of making stuff, having spent the day making about 100 or so Tribbles, and a phaser gun that shoots glitter. The Star Trek inspired routine seemed a good idea at first glance :eek:

now having a few glasses of wine as I feel I have earnt them and trying to wind down:rose:

mood: relaxing

music: Arcade Fire - Funeral

wearing: white corset, frilly white burlesque shorts, 6" strappy gold shoes

Someone sideswiped my Jimmy a while back. I was in the hospital. I am now, however, back and ready for GLBTness. Who's got the dirty mags and beer? ;D

Home made Lube

Tried it last night

Cool.

Hello all :)
This came up on my YouTube just now and for UK folks, it looks quite interesting: Paris Lees is a tireless worker in the media for trans* issues.

http://www.allabouttrans.org.uk/

btw, I'm now recovered from whatever it is in pizza that hates me: either processed tomatoes or cayenne pepper. Thanks for your wishes :rose: xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back