First Try

RedSilk69

Really Experienced
I just uploaded this and can't seem to get it as my avatar, so I thought I'd put it here. I went through a phase a few years back where I painted various famous paintings with chickens instead of people. I sold most of them; here's one of the few I still have. Whaddya think? Not erotic enough, I know. :) I did Manet's Olympia and gave it to my mom; I'll have to see if I can get a scanned copy.

http://imgur.com/a/QbHes?

I agree! You should do more

There's something about the picture that makes me want to study it further, which is always a good thing with art. Did I mention that you should do more? =) Do more

I don't get it - what are you saying? ;)

I just uploaded this and can't seem to get it as my avatar, so I thought I'd put it here. I went through a phase a few years back where I painted various famous paintings with chickens instead of people. I sold most of them; here's one of the few I still have. Whaddya think? Not erotic enough, I know. :) I did Manet's Olympia and gave it to my mom; I'll have to see if I can get a scanned copy.

http://imgur.com/a/QbHes?
FUN!

Download and try this... should meet LIT size limitations for AVs.
150pixels max and 30kb
attachment.php

Last edited:
FUN!

Download and try this... should meet LIT size limitations for AVs.
150pixels max and 30kb
attachment.php

Argh - it's telling me it's 41k. I'll try again from home tonight; I had been using png format, so I'll switch to jpg

Thanks!

I'm not a critic, but I believe this picture would be considered good by most of art professors. Expressive.

I'm a simple person so I'll just tell I'm not a fan of the style. It's definitely not bad though - I can see myself hanging something like that in my home somewhere. But if I have choice I'd get a different style pictures.:cattail:

I'm not a critic, but I believe this picture would be considered good by most of art professors. Expressive.

I'm a simple person so I'll just tell I'm not a fan of the style. It's definitely not bad though - I can see myself hanging something like that in my home somewhere. But if I have choice I'd get a different style pictures.:cattail:

Thanks! I'm a novice painter, but life-long art buff. This is the original: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woman_with_a_Hat

Cute- but it's kinda cheating picking on fauves and expressionists. Try a Courbet!

:D I started a Mona Lisa and a Caravaggio, but boy.... They definitely made me feel my lack of formal training. All these date from several years ago; I need to start back up.

:D I started a Mona Lisa and a Caravaggio, but boy.... They definitely made me feel my lack of formal training. All these date from several years ago; I need to start back up.

You can do a Mona Lisa with a bit of education and practice, but Caravaggio... that takes real talent.

You can do a Mona Lisa with a bit of education and practice, but Caravaggio... that takes real talent.

:) Talent *and* skill... I need some of that skill you and Throbbs show every day with your, erm, pencils.

Back