Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Politics Board

Old 11-02-2018, 08:23 AM   #126
gunthernehmen
Literotica Guru

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Coyle View Post
I've been noticing...the people Trump wants to deport all seem to be law-abiding and non-violent, whereas the people who support Trump all seem to be foreign dictators, money launderers, scam artists, or violent thugs.
Not one single person being deported is law abiding

Some might be non violent, maybe even most, but not law abiding

As for the non violent part, I personally know quite a few illegals that are drug dealers or professional criminals of one sort or another. And a whole lot more that hold down jobs, raise good kids and go to church.

Why shouldn't someone that is here illegally, working without contributing taxes or working using a stolen identity, consuming social benefits intended for citizens and openly flouting our laws doing all these things, be deported?

Old 11-02-2018, 11:46 AM   #127
Stephen_Coyle
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunthernehmen View Post

despite Trump stating time and time again — and even writing in the executive order — that his immigration crackdown would be focused heavily on "criminals," "bad hombres," and "public safety," the largest spike in immigration arrests has actually been those with no criminal records.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...report-n761156

Old 11-02-2018, 12:58 PM   #128
Kirkrapine
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunthernehmen View Post
Unauthorized entry into the country is a misdemeanor.
"When it shall be said in any country in the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, then may the country boast of its constitution and its government."

-- Thomas Paine

"The Communist and the Catholic are alike in that they assume an opponent cannot be both honest and intelligent."

-- George Orwell

Old 11-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #129
gunthernehmen
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkrapine View Post
Unauthorized entry into the country is a misdemeanor.
Sorry. I'm not a lawyer.

I thought a misdemeanor was a violation of the law...

I stand corrected.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:27 PM   #130
RubenR
Literotica Guru

NBC, Fox and Facebook Stop Running Trump Caravan Ad Criticized as Racist

Quote:
Even Fox News, which has made the caravan a staple of its midterm elections coverage, announced that it had decided on Sunday to stop running it

Old 11-08-2018, 09:55 PM   #131
gotsnowgotslush
skates like Eck

November 9, 2018

Exactly one week after announcing plans to overhaul the U.S. asylum process to punitively bar certain migrants from claiming asylum, President Donald Trump made it official on Thursday, altering the already sadistic rules by which asylum seekers can—and cannot—enter the U.S.

According to new restrictions announced by the government on Thursday, only those who enter the United States through official ports of entry may claim asylum moving forward. Undocumented immigrants claiming asylum from within the U.S. will be deemed ineligible, regardless of the validity of their claim.

The asylum restrictions announced Thursday will cite executive powers under Section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, the same provision Trump asserted to bar foreigners from certain Muslim-majority countries from coming to the United States under the travel ban. That executive action drew multiple legal challenges and forced the administration to issue three different iterations before a revised version was upheld by the Supreme Court on a 5-to-4 vote in June.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.617c6edf3417

"Those who enter the country between ports are knowingly and voluntarily breaking the law,” one government official told the Washington Post. “So while immigration laws afford people various forms of protection, there’s a violation of federal law in the manner these illegal aliens are entering the country.”

This, of course, is bullshit, and runs counter to the entire purpose of claiming asylum, which is that you can claim it regardless of where you are in the country.

Per the Government’s own Citizenship and Immigration Services website (emphasis mine):

https://splinternews.com/trumps-late...ere-1830322276