the Essence of...

Lachiyous

Supertastically Enthused
Joined
Jun 23, 2013
Posts
1,120
LACHIYOUS.



My inspiration.
My thoughts.
My feelings.

Everything, and...

Nothing, at once.
Please don't anticipate much.

It's when one doesn't expect, that pleasant surprises can be right around the corner....:)

(Now, I need a focal point for some...of my...nonsense!)
 
Last edited:
Spider-Man


Name: Peter Benjamin Parker
Gender: Male
Age: 19
Ethnicity: Caucasian

Abilities: Peter has the proportionate powers of an arachnid -- he's able to adhere to mostly any surface with his hands and feet; super human strength, in that he can lift up to a maximum of ten tons; super human speed/agility, he's a heck of a lot more acrobatic and can travel faster than the Average Joe; spider sense is an early warning system which helps him evade most harm and danger....to name the primary favorites. Peter also has gifted to borderline genius level intellect, and has created mechanical webshooters, which he wears on each wrist. They produce an artificial webbing adhesive which can be used to many an effect, most notably his favored rope-like strands to 'swing' from in transport! He also has spider-tracers(little homing beacons that he can track with his spider sense), a SPIDEY light beacon, and lastly....a camera, as he is a free lance photographer!

Physical Appearance: Before he became a super hero, Peter could have been considered....much more studious than physically active. As a result, he was always kind of gawky and scrawny. After the transformation, his body became more cut naturally. Aside from that, he has a chestnut matte of hair with hazel irises. As Spider-Man, he wears a spandex costume(with like material in the gloves and boots) consisting mostly of the primary red and blue colors. Within the red, little intricate webs scale across. Upon his chest, rests his emblem; a stark black spider, there is a red one upon his back as well. He also wears a mask, shielding his identity which is comprised of mostly red. It has two large white "eyes" with black around their perimeter.

Personality: Peter's above all, a good guy at heart. So he always tries to do the right thing. No matter what. Oft times, it feels like he wears the WORLD's problems, upon his very own shoulders....and that can get HEAVY! School, work, girls, family....and, making sure no one finds out who he truly is as to not put anyone in danger! In costume, he's learned to deal with all of this behind that mask with....witty repartee, in betwixt the punches and kicks!

History: Upon the cusp of manhood, yet still decidedly an adolescent, it was during Peter Parker's sixteenth year(and middle of sophomore passage within high school) when something tremendous happened. The class was visiting a science exhibit held at the neighboring Empire State University, and it was there that Peter was bitten. Bitten by an irradiated spider on the back of his hand! This very significant event mutated him, on the cellular level...and granted him super human powers(RE: abilities above). He didn't know what to do with what he'd been given. No. Not at first. And that...that not knowing. That lack of a moral compass. it cost the life of someone dear....his Uncle Ben!

Something his uncle would say to Peter, through to his own death, would stay close to heart...always: "With great power comes great responsibility."

Sometimes one doesn't learn, until one lives. Until....it's too late.

It was like that for Peter. And the weight, the guilt, the SORROW of the WORLD was upon him at that very moment. And it changed him. Transformed him. Maybe even...matured him. Into the Amazing Spider-Man. And the would-be forthcoming man, he'd one day become...

For, from that day on -- after his uncle passed away -- he dedicated his life, to the good of others. Mostly. When he could. Where he could. He would. Do what he must. For the betterment of others..

And it hadn't always been easy, hiding who he was. With the rest of the world. With those around him. Intimately, or. Professionally. But there it was, that. The life. Of a super hero. Of Spider-Man. Of...Peter Parker!
 
Last edited:
the magic of Spider-Man

One of the many things that allures me to this character, is the innocence of those first moments that Peter was to have....to have experienced....

With Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane Watson!
(and Steve Rude channels legendary Spider-Man artist John Romita Sr. beautifully!)










 
J. Scott Campbell's magical touch...

Someone's going to enjoy his interpretation of Peter's gals. First with his pencils, then with additive inks/colors! :)


***edited to add more sweet pics!***





 
Last edited:
Ethan

...what shall those blue irises dream next??


 
Last edited:
more miscellaneous Spidey





The one on the left also has Betty Brant, Liz Allen, and Felicia Hardy/Black Cat as "the many loves of Peter"!
 
John Romita Sr

Here he is, the master himself, John Romita Sr. 'sketches' of the two lovely ladies!



 
Last edited:
More J. Scott Campbell!

I could absolutely flood this thread but I'll try to show some restraint...

:heart:

tumblr_maj34tWuCm1r23y1oo1_500.png


tumblr_nod7gydkmv1r8dwx0o1_500.jpg


1c0caf986c355a9d87cb09ca684aade2.jpg


mary_jane_by_lazerbat-d791sfd.png


Was hoping to add more Gwen to the mix but... Lach already found the best of Campbell's drawings of her (without delving into the realm of Spider-Gwen, at least).
 
Please, don't hold back on MY account --





...I do love all that is special! :)
 
Front and center, and almost stealing the show for Stan 'the Man' Lee(no offense Jean, Sue, and the rest of the heroes!) :)

 
Spidey/MJ jazz via John Romita Sr...

FNb13Ke.jpg




*grumbles at all of the broken links*
 
...whoaaaa....my favorite "Power Couple" as per the master himself Sir Jim Lee (fast forward through if you'd like, since it is a "live stream"//bonus character afterwards)!

https://youtu.be/2rQJuqp1r2M
 
Back
Top