Government shutdown over illegals?

You're stupid enough to pretend that you're not. I get it tho, I wouldn't want to be associated with them either. You can lie to yourself all you want.

Oh so you are and you've been reduced to making shit up in what...3 posts?

Sad.

And you wanted "comprehend" not "read" ;)

No I wanted read, you would be right said you need to learn to decode.

But read covers both under a multitude of definitions...

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/read

If you fail at either decoding or comprehension then you can't read.

I agree, they did. It was the counter to DACA. The Democrats demanded DACA for 800,000 (a low-ball number) whereas the Republicans offered CHIP for millions of citizen children. Neither one of them needed to be in it, but the Democrats shut down the government because DACA wasn't in it, and it could have been in it if they would have compromised on chain migration, the lottery, the wall and enhanced border security and the shut-down threat was designed to get the Republicans what they wanted with zero compromise; their bluff got called.

DACA *was* in it. just not DACA on steroids that the Democrats now want. The Democrats have moved that goal post. They don't want actual DACA, what they want is absolute amnesty not only for anyone that they are going to call a child but anybody related to anybody they call a child...Basically, this is just amnesty II....which would have been absolutely unnecessary if the Democrats had kept their word after amnesty one and kept future illegals out.

I wonder how this will affect the slide victims in Montecito. We desperately need FEMA to be be functional and other disaster relief agencies as well.

45 wouldn't stop relief efforts just because Oprah lives there, would he?

Ask Chuck Schumer why he cannot get nine Democrats on board to a bill that funds all of that plus makes Obama's illegal DACA order lawful. Nothing would change for DACA. Status quo assured.

Ask Chuck Schumer why he cannot get nine Democrats on board to a bill that funds all of that plus makes Obama's illegal DACA order lawful. Nothing would change for DACA. Status quo assured.

Ask yourself to go fuck yourself.

Never before has the party who had control of both the White House and Congress have to face a government shut down. The Republicans have control of the government but of course they're not to blame for not governing :rolleyes:

It's like if you're walking along and somebody trips you, you can legitimately blame that person, but now you're walking along and you trip over your own damn feet and you yell at the guy standing 10 feet away for not telling you to watch out.

The GOP are bumbling buffoons.

Never before has the party who had control of both the White House and Congress have to face a government shut down. The Republicans have control of the government but of course they're not to blame for not governing :rolleyes:

It's like if you're walking along and somebody trips you, you can legitimately blame that person, but now you're walking along and you trip over your own damn feet and you yell at the guy standing 10 feet away for not telling you to watch out.

The GOP are bumbling buffoons.

Yet another person unaware that it takes 60 votes to pass a continuing resolution. To pass a budget or to raise the debt ceiling. But I agree with you they should just go ahead and do it Harry Reid Style.

Yet another person unaware that it takes 60 votes to pass a continuing resolution. To pass a budget or to raise the debt ceiling. But I agree with you they should just go ahead and do it Harry Reid Style.

So the party in charge of everything can't manage to bargain for less than 10 Senate votes outside of their party and they're not to blame?

I thought Trump was the best deal maker?

Personally I'm glad that they can't find nine Democrats to un-fuck California. Reap the Whirlwind you deserve it.

No worries. When we fall off into the ocean, your city will be beachfront property, I'll still be happy and you'll still be....you.

So the party in charge of everything can't manage to bargain for less than 10 Senate votes outside of their party and they're not to blame?

I thought Trump was the best deal maker?

Kind of hard to bargain with the party of know who are completely reversed in their previous position on government shutdowns. They completely will not agree to any concessions whatsoever. which is fine with me everyday the government stay shut down shows you yet another agency that can be completely eliminated when the government comes back

No worries. When we fall off into the ocean, your city will be beachfront property, I'll still be happy and you'll still be....you.

you're absolutely right I still will be awesome. All you have to do to stop this problem is to write any number of your 53 California representatives and we only need 9 of them but if you guys want to be the party of no that's perfectly okay with me I don't mind a government shutdown at all.

Does anyone outside DC really care if the government shuts down for a while?

Nobody sane does.

The government still has revenue; the government still going to send out checks.

this time the guy in charge has no incentive to increase the level of pain so he won't be spending actual money closing National Parks or any other stupid thing to make it worse. I hope.

I realize this is Trump running the executive branch so no telling what he'll actually do.

We do. Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties are desperate for government aid in the relief efforts.

Democrats probably should have thought of that before the adopted a my-way-or-the-highway approach from a position of weakness.

The real problem is that we have three distinct parties trying to finger this out.
  • Republicans
  • Democrats
  • Whatever it is 45 is doing

In our nation’s early years, Congress controlled the budget process. According to historical data produced by the Office of Management and Budget, the federal budget was in a state of surplus until 1850. For the next 50 years, there was a national deficit related to costs incurred by the Civil War and Spanish-American War, and the 1890s recession. Then, until the World War I era, the budget was mostly balanced, but debt related to the war and the addition of the national income tax as a budget source made the budgeting process more problematic.

In its official history, the House notes that changes in how budget matters were considered led to complications after the Civil War. “The Appropriations Committee was established to fund programs, while Ways and Means retained jurisdiction on tax policy. House leadership and other committees also tried to influence the appropriations process, and the lack of coordination over the years led to high deficits and the implementation of the federal income tax in 1913,” it says.

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/the-constitution-and-the-federal-budget-process

Fed government implements fed income tax - still never enough $$ to cover what it spends and wastes.

Fed government implements Social Security taxes, promising it'll only cover widows and orphans - uses that $$ to also finance debt and other over expenditures/waste, while extending coverage to millions and millions more.

Fed/State/Local governments implement cell phone fees to finance providing access to so-called underprivileged - uses that $$ for other purposes while continuing to raise fees.

Fed/State government implement draconian "sin" taxation to fund CHIP - yet even $10 tax on what once was <$1.00 pack of cigarettes still can't finance the bureaucratic gluttony.

It's not taxation - it's the spending, stupids.

The real problem is that we have three distinct parties trying to finger this out.
  • Republicans
  • Democrats
And Gups, Dums, and the White House are all consumed by competing factions. The Dums are a bit more disciplined here (a fucking MIRACLE!) so the Gup forces' disarray shows they can't govern even with majorities.

Anyway, I'd break that into four parties, with the Gups divided between pragmatists and psychotic idealists. All are assholes, just assholes with different constituencies and owners.

It's not taxation - it's the spending, stupids.
Most of which is military spending on systems that don't work, on a leadership structure that can't win wars, on a security supersystem costing more than the entire rest of the world spends on such. Yeah, it's the spending.

No new drilling licenses in the ANWR and offshore for a while, so that's a positive.

No new drilling licenses in the ANWR and offshore for a while, so that's a positive.

The lease payments are part of what is going to keep checks printing.

Why do you want Grandma to run out of medication and starve?

• Republicans
  • Democrats

Nope. It is Democrats shutting down the government unless their unfetteted importation of Democrat voters is allowed to continue in perpetuity vs everyone else.

A handful of RINOS are bending the Dems way out of reflexive habit.

• Republicans
  • Democrats

Nope. It is Democrats shutting down the government unless their unfetteted importation of Democrat voters is allowed to continue in perpetuity vs everyone else.

A handful of RINOS are bending the Dems way out of reflexive habit.

Also, Que is a dumbass.

Back