The Isolated Blurt Thread XXXVIII: Suffering Sappho!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered why there was 10 pages of this in 24 hours... ahh pages of fighting over who gets the new thread.

I watched his eyes glaze over.


This is why I don't talk to people.

I was drunk. Wait, am. Wait, want to be.
 
Let's hope we can get a couple rounds of golf in today, now that monsoon season seems to be taking a break.
 
It's Friday-freakin'-Eve. What a weird week. I hope it sorts its crap out pronto.
 
I hope the blazer has negated the effect of the boobs.
 


blah-blah-blah-blah-blahblah-care-Favim.com-899332.gif




 
I maintain covfefe is coffee but in Spanglish....and if not I'm making it happen.

Plus it's just really fun to say. Covfefe!
 
Good job.


That red heart you mentioned gives me an idea..I have to put a handle on a knife blade a friend made but I'm new to it...how thick do you cut it for a fillet knife
I have a little chunk of red heart...might be nice along with the purple heart one I made before and got too thick
 
That red heart you mentioned gives me an idea..I have to put a handle on a knife blade a friend made but I'm new to it...how thick do you cut it for a fillet knife
I have a little chunk of red heart...might be nice along with the purple heart one I made before and got too thick

I don't think red heart is oily enough unless you're going to stabilize it? Are you going to stabilize it?

I think if your piece is at least 3 inches thick and you rip it to 1 1/2 for each side that would be enough but you aren't going to have a whole lot of room to shape it. You could just whip sand it and then it would take a while but it would be more controlled.
 
I just did a quick Google and the shrinkage doesn't look to be too major so maybe you don't have to stabilize it
 
I think if your piece is at least 3 inches thick and you rip it to 1 1/2 for each side that would be enough but you aren't going to have a whole lot of room to shape it. You could just whip sand it and then it would take a while but it would be more controlled.


Got any new pics of your wife for us?
 
Nope, not stabilizing...never done that yet..got a bunch to learn about this knife stuff

Me too! I see people using all sorts of wood for handles but I always wonder if they split sometime in the future. But then again some people are not aware enough to keep their knives in good working order including oiling the handle.
 
I need closer knife working friends. I want to try stabilizing wood but it's expensive to get started.
 
You guys making knives by hand? Cool. I've got 2 old hand made kitchen knives passed down from my great-grand parents. They are worn, but extremely sharp. I keep them oiled and well maintained, but seldom use them. The metal is iron; handles are oak.
 
I need closer knife working friends. I want to try stabilizing wood but it's expensive to get started.


Thats where you put it in that crap with the vacuum isn't it
I think some you can just soak a bunch of CA glue into it
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top