Al Franken did the Democratic Thing

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Posts
25,720
The Democratic Party makes an effort to tend to the truth, to keep honor, and nurture all people. We have laid the body of Al Franken on the Democratic altar of integrity.

Al Franken's speech-



Over the last few weeks a number of women have come forward to talk about how they felt my actions had affected them. I was shocked. I was upset. But in responding to their claims, I also wanted to be respectful of that broader conversation because all women deserve to be heard and their experiences taken seriously. I think that was the right thing to do. I also think it gave some people the false impression that I was admitting to doing things that in fact I haven’t done. Some of the allegations against me are simply not true. Others I remember very differently. I said at the outset that the Ethics Committee was the right venue for these allegations to be heard and investigated and evaluated on their merits, that I was prepared to cooperate fully and that I was confident in the outcome. You know an important part of the conversation we’ve been having the last few months has been about how men abuse their power and privilege to hurt women. I am proud that during my time in the Senate I have used my power to be a champion of women.


I have earned a reputation as someone who respects the women I work alongside every day. I know there’s been a very different picture of me painted over the last few weeks but I know who I really am. Serving in the United States senate has been the great honor of my life. I know in my heart that nothing I have done as a senator, nothing, has brought dishonor on this institution.

http://time.com/5054253/al-franken-resigns-transcript/


gsgs comment- We will wait. The truth usually washes out, eventually.


It is 2017, and all citizens that follow the laws of the United States deserve not to be abused.

Men, women, teenagers, children, toddlers, and new-born babies, cry out, do not abuse us!

OTOH, Republicans have recently placed the bodies of teenagers on the altar of hypocrisy.



They join a mountain of children, teenagers, young adults, and adults, sacrificed to hypocrisy.


The weight of worth placed on virginity, virtue, and innocence, is used as a weapon to kill women that need medical care. Sexual disease, unsafe early pregnancy, children giving birth to children, death of adult birthing women and their fetuses, women dying needlessly of undetected cancers. Young adults left unprepared for adulthood, because hypocrisy prevents an education that would be logical.


Suffer abuse in silence, the Republicans demand. For our cause must make use of all evils, to succeed. We must allow great evil to overtake everything, in order to support our cause. If our cause is lost to great evil, it will not matter. Most of us are fighting these battles in order to accumulate personal wealth, influence, and power.


Nothing could be done.
He was a powerful, influential, wealthy man's son.

Does the Constitution protect American citizens from abuse ? Do our laws protect us from the loss of a government that will protect all citizens ?
 
That requires assistance. Who will chop off your head after you've sliced your belly open and spilled out your guts? Who do you trust to do it right and not leave you there, dishonored?
 
Set up a 2 blade system. One he uses on himself, the other is set for him to fall on and slice his own head off. It will need to be really sharp and if it doesn’t work, he’ll have no one to blame except Russia.

If you want something done right, have to do it yourself.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Republicans embrace credibly accused child molester Roy Moore and bow before the admitted abuser in the White House. If Moore wins the Alabama Senate race, Republicans will seat him, despite their attempts to disown him only a few weeks ago. They will not be deterred by moral qualms or an effort to appease the MeToo movement.

Does this make them morally inferior? Perhaps. But in politics, moral superiority is complicated; shamelessness is a lesser vice when it results in victory. In politics, when the stakes are high for millions of Americans, politicians have a moral obligation to win.

https://news.wgbh.org/2017/12/07/al-franken-democrats-and-moral-obligation-win
 
I prefer not to think of it as a Democratic or Republican thing but the right thing.
 
Republicans embrace credibly accused child molester Roy Moore and bow before the admitted abuser in the White House. If Moore wins the Alabama Senate race, Republicans will seat him, despite their attempts to disown him only a few weeks ago. They will not be deterred by moral qualms or an effort to appease the MeToo movement.

Does this make them morally inferior? Perhaps. But in politics, moral superiority is complicated; shamelessness is a lesser vice when it results in victory. In politics, when the stakes are high for millions of Americans, politicians have a moral obligation to win.

The Republicans may have another plan, one that involves using Moore as a patsy. They can support him in the election, seat him, suddenly "find" some additional evidence from his days of cruising the malls for teenagers, take him to the ethics committee, and then get the Governor of Alabama to appoint a Republican replacement.

They can't do that if Jones wins. And, most of the Republicans did not want this slimy sanctimonious bastard to win in the primaries.
 
Back
Top