Do Your Characteres Remind Readers Of Shakepeare?

I notice most writers fail at writing dum bunnies.

Only if they're high.

But seriously, I don't know what sort of question this is to ask anyone who writes erotic stories for a website. I can't imagine the answer being "yes" unless some readers have weird Shakespeare fetishes.
 
Only because of the rude mechanical named Bottom with an ass for a head.
 
Let me ask another way. IS YOUR ENGLISH TEACHER LOOKING OVER YOUR SHOULDER AS YOU WRITE?

That's a better question.

I don't think I'd be comfortable with my English teacher(s) looking over my shoulder and reading as I wrote my mom-son incest stories and exhibitionist hot wife stories.

But I do keep their lessons in mind as I work on my prose.
 
That's a better question.

I don't think I'd be comfortable with my English teacher(s) looking over my shoulder and reading as I wrote my mom-son incest stories and exhibitionist hot wife stories.

But I do keep their lessons in mind as I work on my prose.

We-do-need-no-education.png
 
I don't need to translate what I wrote on the opposite page. And I don't have any murderous princes or kings in my stories.

The nice lady who taught me English in the German equivalent of elementary school has been dead for the better part of twenty years, so her ghost could probably look over my shoulder as I write. Ghosts are a staple of Shakespearean works, so... *shrug*
 
I think you missed the second s. You kind of remind me of someone from the past who had issues with all caps and missing letters (and anger).

A reader did leave a comment on a story of mine saying it was almost like Hamlet. I'm guessing because everyone dies and all since no one was mopey like the prince. Of course they don't make commenters take a blood alcohol test before submitting.
 
RubenR. That GIF in post #12. It's funny as hell. Thank you for brightening my day.:D

I laugh, but sometimes I see things that aren't really there. Yet; they do exist.
 
Do Your Charters Remind Readers of Shakespeare?

I'm sure they do sometimes. The writings and plays of William Shakespeare were among the first I studied as a child.

As do the writings of Samuel Clemens and Stephen King. And Anne Rice. I'm sure there's more.

I'm sure that somehow most of my character creations have some of each within them. And then there's me. Oops.

Can you imagine what it was like for me to play Howard Cosell in my 1st school play? With blonde hair, red lips, and a deep southern drawl? I wanted to be Mahummad Ali. Not much I could have done about the latter.

I was a curious boy.

When the crowd started laughing, I laughed along with them. But then I righted myself and seen it through. I received a standing ovation. There was laughter and there were tears. Thanks Mom.

And that experience helped me guide my children when they attempted something similar.
 
Last edited:
Hesitantly, I'll feed the troll. No, I don't strive to write great literature. I've been a songwriter and propagandist (mostly unpaid), a programmer (mostly paid), and a tech writer and editor (paid). Here, I've written smut (unpaid). I consider myself a word technician. My goal is to not fuck up too much, but if I do, so what? It's for fun now.

Dr Johnson said, "Only a fool writes, if not for money." Many fools here, hey?
 
Back
Top