Random Gamer Silliness

Status
Not open for further replies.
FarCry3

Anyone playing FarCry3?

Just started it and it is a cool mix of shooter and quests.

Lovetoread:

I'm getting my Dragon Age and Dragon Age 2 save games set up for Inquisition when it comes out.

Every time I interact with Fenris I think of you, and when I treat him badly I feel guilty on your behalf. Saw this. Cracked me up.

I don't think I have a save game where Alastair is a drunk. I do know I fed him to a dragon a few times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgLaNh5C8RY

Whats the assassins name? Zerion or zolton or some such? Either way, he wants to fuck me but won't train me to be an assassin.

Whats the assassins name? Zerion or zolton or some such? Either way, he wants to fuck me but won't train me to be an assassin.

Zevran! Beware the Antivan Massage.

There's a bunch of mods that you can get, and one of them are a bunch of add-on gifts that add +50 or -50 apiece.

Stuff like an "uncrushable pigeon" for Shale, and she will give you -50 for that, or a pet rock she names "Herbert" and you get +50.

Gifts are the best path to faction with Zev. I think it's some Antivan leather something.

I love Morrigan's +50 gift...a voodoo doll of Alistair.

Lovetoread:

I'm getting my Dragon Age and Dragon Age 2 save games set up for Inquisition when it comes out.

Every time I interact with Fenris I think of you, and when I treat him badly I feel guilty on your behalf. Saw this. Cracked me up.

I don't think I have a save game where Alastair is a drunk. I do know I fed him to a dragon a few times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgLaNh5C8RY

I only hardened Alastair once and it broke my heart. I couldn't ever let him be the drunk.

Zevran! Beware the Antivan Massage.

There's a bunch of mods that you can get, and one of them are a bunch of add-on gifts that add +50 or -50 apiece.

Stuff like an "uncrushable pigeon" for Shale, and she will give you -50 for that, or a pet rock she names "Herbert" and you get +50.

Gifts are the best path to faction with Zev. I think it's some Antivan leather something.

I love Morrigan's +50 gift...a voodoo doll of Alistair.

I have it on the ps3 so no modded gifts. I assumed Ii had to do all the assassin quests first.

Zevron

You really need to sex him up.

Morrigan wants my nuts as well...I must be a sexy elf

In other news, I'm currently dicking around in ozinark or however you spell that. I should probably finish this last quest so I can move on

Last edited:
I only hardened Alastair once and it broke my heart. I couldn't ever let him be the drunk.

I'm reviewing my save games...of which I have about...uh...an embarrassing two digit number.

In both games I tend to be consistent in my humor/kindness, so I don't get certain outcomes and didn't even know they were possible but I've been mining youtube.

I'm curious because there are some very dead characters in my save games. I had the most evil runthrough saved, and Loghain's dead, Alastair's dead, Leliana is dead, Zevran is dead, Shale is dead, werewolves and golems run amok, I'm a Paragon and Cullen is in charge of the mage tower.

I'm going to play DA2 to see what happens, but I know Anders' line is untouched even if I hand him over to the Templars in Awakenings.

They do magically resurrect some people despite what you might have done, I think, to get people killed. Even if you find Anders' body in the road in Awakenings, he just shrugs it off as a badly burned body that wasn't him. Leliana is alive in canon. Even though I killed her at the ashes, took her on purpose just to piss her off. I wonder if Cullen is still in Kirkwall even if canon of DA1 has him in the tower.

I've heard rumors that Sten will be Arishok. Even if you never pried him out of his cage?

Just sooo many things to waste time resolving and setting up.

I have it on the ps3 so no modded gifts. I assumed Ii had to do all the assassin quests first.

Morrigan wants my nuts as well...I must be a sexy elf

Oh, damn. I love my modded DA1. I go nuts at the winter forge and end up with ridiculous stats. +20 to all stats and full resistances and regen that means my stats never move. At least I finally got the "I'm Kind Of A Big Deal" achievement for not dying the whole way through.

It also makes it easier to be a complete ass to everyone if you don't need them to be alive because nothing can touch you.

I learned you have to save your game before talking to Zev, because he'll ask some innocuous question that really means nonconsent elf sexy time.

I always play both DA on the 360 first, then the pc with mods.

I am replaying FO:NV

tumblr_mbsxyocec51rit1fvo10_r1_250.gif

I need to give those games another try. I am not big on dystopias though. Same with Mass Effect. I like the fantasy the best.

There is so much coming up...Final Fantasy has a new one coming up, Everquest Next is coming up, Inquisition is coming up...

I didn't play the Bioshock series either, though both my husband and son ate it alive and said it was great. Might have to make the rounds.

I loved Bioshock 1 and 2. I keep starting the third one but it bores me to death.

You know they pushed DA:I till 2014, right?

I had already pre ordered it.

I loved Bioshock 1 and 2. I keep starting the third one but it bores me to death.

You know they pushed DA:I till 2014, right?

I had already pre ordered it.

Between three Steam accounts in the family I probably have access to all the games. I think I'll give Fallout and Mass Effect another try...at least I'll be prepared for the fact that Mass Effect is going to be...unsatisfying as endings go. I think I'm used to that by now. DA2 is facepalm heartbreaking pretty much no matter what you do. It's mostly a game of jollying along the crazy, pick a flavor, and it doesn't matter really.

I know they pushed it back...*sigh* And the artwork is kinda freaking me out. Nobody looks the same. Why can't even Varric look the same, huh?

We only got New Vegas just this year, and I'm still playing through the DLC. I like that they went back west and have the NCR in it.

I once test-played a tabletop version of Fallout that didn't get made due to buyouts and the like. It was a great campaign, set in Texas.

We only got New Vegas just this year, and I'm still playing through the DLC. I like that they went back west and have the NCR in it.

I once test-played a tabletop version of Fallout that didn't get made due to buyouts and the like. It was a great campaign, set in Texas.

I've got a couple of years to kill apparently until my most-anticipated stuff comes out. I should appreciate new stuff.

My daughter and I spent a very fun weekend in a room together, me at my game and she playing "Don't Starve" which is a pretty funny survival horror simple game.

She discovered poop was a component to some of the crafting and didn't want to spoil the gameplay so she spent a few hours on poop quest.

We are easily amused.

Anyone playing FarCry3?

Just started it and it is a cool mix of shooter and quests.

The single player campaign in it is excellent, you're in for a treat. Fun and varied missions, interesting characters, and I like how the protagonist is a reluctant hero at the start, a bit of a whimp really, which makes a change from the tough as nails navy seals or what have you. As the story progresses he finds inner strength in the adversity, and yes the killing. I think he is one of the more interesting characters in any shooter.

The only things I didn't like about the game were that infernal mini map that shows all the pickups and enemies, all the on screen clutter, and the fact that there's no real point to money because you get your weapons as gifts for activating radio towers. So you might actually consider not doing that.

Also I would recommend turning off weapon tagging, and not using the camera if you want any kind of challenge.

My daughter and I spent a very fun weekend in a room together, me at my game and she playing "Don't Starve" which is a pretty funny survival horror simple game.

She discovered poop was a component to some of the crafting and didn't want to spoil the gameplay so she spent a few hours on poop quest.

We are easily amused.

:D:D:D

She's been my gaming companion since I let her click on sheep until they exploded in Warcraft.

Watched her play games her whole life, one of the best puzzle solvers ever. And she has fun projects like "I'm going to take a big house in Oblivion and fill it up with every fork, potion and potion bottle I find and jump in it until the X-Box crashes"

...that moment when I realize as a Male Rogue in DA2 who is going to take every aggressive and insulting option toward everyone in this game...that Fenris is my only hope of nookie. I am not going without for nine years.

I'll close my eyes and think of Balthier! C'mon Gideon, let's dance.

http://www.dianajonesaward.org/

The Diana Jones Award for excellence in gaming is gonna be announced tonight. Some interesting stuff nominated. The only one I've actually seen, though, is Tabletop, which is an awesome webseries.

Oh, very cool. Talisman is our go-to board game around here. I'm heartbroken that nobody ended up developing it for a console.

The Ruglet and the Spare Child have a semi-regular Munchkin game night. We used to play Arkham Horror fairly regularly in between RPGs, but our group kinda broke up.

The Ruglet and the Spare Child have a semi-regular Munchkin game night. We used to play Arkham Horror fairly regularly in between RPGs, but our group kinda broke up.

EternalWinter sent me a copy of Arkham Horror :) I think those are the only two we have.

I play Castle Age. I use to play WoW but it is just to time consuming to be good.

What is Castle Age like?

I've been with Warcraft since it started on and off and Everquest 2 since it started on and off. Since I work at home on the computer I'm technically able to play while on salary. So that's a lot of characters. I'm an altomaniac and I have 22 WoW chars and 25 EQ2 chars. Gotta have one of each. My husband's playing Neverwinter, he really likes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back