What color is yellow? (pm with your open)

Liplovinman

who knows?
Joined
Sep 29, 2010
Posts
5,151
Jack Wilcox enjoyed his classroom activities, he likened it to an athlete that loved the game but tired of the practice. The preparation, testing, scoring and eventually the deliberation over essays and grades, were too tedious for him to consider staying on tenure track. He would put in his time, grab a less invasive position (he spend a full 2-3 hours daily in tasks related to teaching), there had to be work out there that was satisfying and allowed him to deposit it on a desk or in a file until the following Monday. He had the same thought almost every day for the past 12 years. Turning 30 had not helped.

Still, here sat 28 inquisitive minds and today's question, just as all had been to this point, was a twisted example of training their brains to think more creatively.

"So, we have 20 minutes for you to consider the following as well as give me your thoughts on paper." He pulled out a flash card and read the details it contained.

"Ricky is 32 years old. For the last 10 years, Ricky has worked at a boxing gym, cleaning equipment, mopping floors and doing tasks that are given to him by his uncle, who owns and runs the gym. On a Friday afternoon, just before locking up, Ricky asks his uncle what two of the boxers were talking about, one had mentioned that the other was yellow."

"The question is, what is yellow?"

"You have 10 minutes to start deliberating, then we will check your progress, you will also be able to ask one question, but the entire group must agree on the question."

"Begin."

The rustling of papers was heard as was the gentle murmur of thoughts expressed before the room became contemplative. Some jotted notes, but most were well aware that this was an exercise, and no matter their initial impressions, most likely there would be a twist.
 
Back
Top