The hot Arabic chick thread

Ah. So last year I taught this chapter in intercultural communication that dealt with arranged marriages. It is kind of hard to make students understand the whole concept. They either flashback to an upper class Victorian sensibility or young girls being sold to old middle eastern men as soon as the words 'arranged marriage' escape your lips.

My experience of how it can be a comfortable thing was something so alien to them that I don't think they quite 'got' it.

They do so love their sexy fantasies of being forced into skimpy clothes in a beautiful marble bath-house! Yet one of my students even said her Mom set her up with one of her boyfriends. How much closer to an arranged marriage do you want to go? :rolleyes:

OMG, I LOVE that camel! :D

PMing you seminar details. :heart:

Then I suppose you wouldn't be interested in seeing a werecamel? :D

OMG, stop it, stop it! You guys are way too much fun, I must do my marking! It's been hours and I've barely plugged my memory stick into my netbook yet!

:D

Careful what you wish for...

You tease, you tease! You haven't got a werecamel pic at all. And I was going to use it to illustrate my story I'm writing with Loquere too. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

God, I'm too easy. :rolleyes:

Apologies for the nightmares, HP. :kiss: ;)

Attachments

• WerecamelWoman.jpg
    WerecamelWoman.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 114
  • WereCamelMan.jpg
    WereCamelMan.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 101
Hey! Where the heck did all these camel people come from? :cool:

Where did all The hot Arabic chicks go? :eek:

Before I retired I taught sixth grade in a very diverse neighborhood in SoCal. Part of the history unit included ancient India and the subject of arranged marriages always came up. I used to laugh and assign the kids to ask their parents who the most recent member of their family to have an arranged marriage was. Their disbelief the following morning was always a delight. One little boy, who if I remember correctly was Afghan, came in almost in tears and sobbed out, "My parents!" The final exam for that unit asked them to decide whether to accept an arranged marriage or to run away with an itinerant Buddhist monk who had been preaching in their village. The number who would stay and marry was usually well over half.

One little South Asian girl wrote a fine rant about how she hated arranged marriages, tha everybody in her entire family had arranged marriages and how she wasn't going to accept one. I called her aside and asked if her mother was happy in hers and she reluctantly mumbled, 'Yes'. Then I asked her how many of her American friends' parents were divorced.

And BTW, I've known more than one American woman who wished that her parents had chosen a husband for her because they would almost certainly do a better job than she had.:devil:

I've been reading about Shidduch, the dating process for Orthodox Jews. Those marriages are similar to arranged marriages in that you don't get a whole lot of choice. But the couples end up having lots of kids and a very low divorce rate. It's a very strange religion to me.

BTW those pictures are hot! More, please.

My (Japanese) grandmother had an arranged marriage. She saw my grandfather twice before she married him. They set off on their honeymoon, and as the train was going through a town in which his company had an office, he asked if she'd mind him dropping in to sort something out. She was shown round the town by someone while he finished some work off.

When she got back to the railway station, she suddenly realised she couldn't remember what her new husband looked like. The kids used to say to her, "Are you sure you got the right one?" She would say, "I don't know if he's my husband but he's certainly your father!"

:rose:

God, I'm too easy. :rolleyes:

Apologies for the nightmares, HP. :kiss: ;)

The sexual life of a camel
is stranger than anyone thinks
at the height of the mating season
it tries to bugger the Sphinx
but the Sphinx's external orifice
is blocked by the sands of the Nile
which accounts for the 'ump of the camel
and the Sphinx's inscrutable smile

[sung to the tune of the Eaton Boating song]

My (Japanese) grandmother had an arranged marriage. She saw my grandfather twice before she married him. They set off on their honeymoon, and as the train was going through a town in which his company had an office, he asked if she'd mind him dropping in to sort something out. She was shown round the town by someone while he finished some work off.

When she got back to the railway station, she suddenly realised she couldn't remember what her new husband looked like. The kids used to say to her, "Are you sure you got the right one?" She would say, "I don't know if he's my husband but he's certainly your father!"

Haha, awwww, that's cute. I can imagine having that problem; I'm terrible with faces...

Which is funny because I'm exactly the opposite. Faces I recognizes but what names go with them is often beyond me.

Haha, awwww, that's cute. I can imagine having that problem; I'm terrible with faces...

Oh thanks, Matthew!

My granny was a very tiny elegant Japanese lady with beautifully coiffed silver hair. One day we had builders in and they joked with her about taking her out. One said to her, he was going to come back to take her out, in his birthday suit. When my mum translated to my granny what this meant (with much laughing behind her hand - Japanese people don't like to show their mouths when they laugh), my granny gravely said, "You must give me a bit of time. My birthday suit needs ironing."

Oh thanks, Matthew!

My granny was a very tiny elegant Japanese lady with beautifully coiffed silver hair. One day we had builders in and they joked with her about taking her out. One said to her, he was going to come back to take her out, in his birthday suit. When my mum translated to my granny what this meant (with much laughing behind her hand - Japanese people don't like to show their mouths when they laugh), my granny gravely said, "You must give me a bit of time. My birthday suit needs ironing."

Just occasionally, one hears of a person blessed with really good polite humour.
Your Granny sounds like just such a lady.

The sexual life of a camel
is stranger than anyone thinks
at the height of the mating season
it tries to bugger the Sphinx
but the Sphinx's external orifice
is blocked by the sands of the Nile
which accounts for the 'ump of the camel
and the Sphinx's inscrutable smile

[sung to the tune of the Eaton Boating song]

:D :D :D

Back