FINDING MY NEW ASSISTANT (Closed for Havu)

garajd

I will satisfy you!!
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Posts
9,767
OOC: Vince Anderson, 52, divorced, successful consultant, travels frequently on business.
*******************

Sitting at the desk in my home office, early Monday morning, coffee cup filled (3rd cup today), looking out at the reception area as my current assistant begins to clean out her desk. After 15 years with me, she is retiring and going to travel with her husband.

Logging onto a job site I have used in the past:

Administrative Assistant: Busy I/T consulting office local in near south suburbs; responsible for all normal office functions, including travel arrangements for owner, some out-of-town travel required. Owner demanding, yet fair. Excellent compensation and benefits (vacation, health, etc.) Response thru this site preferred to schedule interview. Looking for immediate availability.

Calling Rebecca in to look over his post before hitting the 'Send" button. "Looks good, boss." Gives him a quick peck on the cheek and heads back to her desk. A quick kiss here and there, even a hug, but never anything any more between the two of them; after all, Rebecca's husband was his best friend.
 
OOC: Hang Nguyen, 25, single, graduate from college, travels for leisure.

I am Hang. A 25 year old lady who has just graduated from college and is looking for a job. I am looking for a job that is within my field of expertise. I have applied to many jobs and cannot find one that sticks to me. After submitting countless applications and not hearing a reply back from the companies she applied for. I lost hope. Until, I stumbled upon a job site I have been using for awhile. I read the job posting over and over to make sure I am a good fit for the position. I decided to fill out the application and attach my resume and cover letter and hope for the best.
 
After his morning run to the post office, Vince dropped the mail on Rebecca's desk and headed toward his office, "Several responses to your posting, Vince. A couple look good and I deleted a couple that were totally out of bounds."

"Thanks, Bec. You know better what I need than I do."

Reading thru the resumes that Rebecca left for me, I respond to the first that caught my eye. Going thru my mind are my basic requirements: professional, able to deal with clients, maintain my busy calendar and keep me going where I need to go. Size 2, big tits, etc . . . screw that; if that were the case, Rebecca would not have had this job for 15 years.

"Good morning, Hang. Thank you for your interest in my administrative assistant position. Based on your response and resume, I would like to discuss the position with you as quickly as possible. Please contact my current assistant, Rebecca, and schedule an appointment, preferable within the next 24 hours."
 
I moved away from my computer to get some cleaning done in my home. I got caught up with cleaning I forgot to check my email again about the job posting I had sent a response and resume in for. I stopped cleaning and went back to my computer and refreshed my email. I blinked a few times before seeing the new mail in Black and bold from the job posting I had applied for. I opened it and read the response from the boss. I immediately responded back.

Good Morning, Mr. Anderson.

Your welcome. I would like to discuss further details about the position with you. How do I contact your current assistant Rebecca? Can you please send her contact details and I will schedule an appointment within 24 hours.

Thank You

Hang

I sent the response back to him. I went back to finish cleaning and straighten up my home and made breakfast along the way. While I am patiently waiting for the email response.
 
"Hello, Hang: I apologize for not giving you the contact information for my office. You can reach Rebecca at xxx-xxxx. She is expecting your call and controls my calendar, so she will be able schedule a time at your convenience. I appreciate you interest in the position; I hope to have a decision by the end of this week."

Letting Rebecca know what is going on, I pick up the phone and make a few calls to clients, arranging meetings over the next 4-6 weeks, some which will require my new assistant to accompany me.
 
Last edited:
I went back to my email and saw his response. I decided to reply back.

Hello Mr. Anderson, You are good it happens when one least expects it. I will be calling your current assistant in 30 minutes to an hour. I appreciate you responding back to my response earlier.

Hang

As I read his response, I write down Rebecca's contact number. I decided to wait for a little bit before calling her. I went to grab a pen and paper to write things down as I call her for any information, questions, or comments I have for her. I see the clock approach 1 pm. I wait one minute and I start to dial Rebecca's number in my phone. I wait for her to pick up and discuss about the position and to schedule an appointment to meet with Mr. Anderson and discuss further about the details of the position and the requirements and questions I have for him.
 
Another busy day, so Rebecca orders lunch to be brought in to the office; she updates my calendar based on my phone calls from this morning. I read e-mails from a few clients, outlining issues they are having. Some of them I can handle with a quick response; others I need to log into their system and install a quick fix. Others are long-term issues that I need to be on-site to assist their IT specialists.

Looking up as the phone rings, I hear Rebecca say your name. Tuning out most of the conversation; I know Rebecca can handle any questions, etc. that you might have. As she wraps up the call, she turns, "Tomorrow at 10:00. Do you have any other prospects that we need to get scheduled?"

"Not yet; I'm waiting on two more responses to my e-mails."
 
I smile on the other side of the phone while talking with Rebecca. I ask her a few questions and she answered them really well. I ask her what is Mr. Anderson's schedule for Tomorrow? She replies back while asking Mr. Anderson is 10 am tomorrow a good time to schedule Hang to come in for an interview for the position? Is there any other job applicants or prospects that should be scheduled tomorrow with Hang? You reply saying not yet and waiting for two more responses to your email.

She tells me that Mr. Anderson will see me tomorrow at 10 am. I tell her thank you politely and waited for her to end the call first before I end the call. It is a courtesy I have done for so long.
 
Rebecca makes her way into my office after the phone call and lets me know she is impressed with Hang. She does appear to be young, but came across very professional and personable on the phone, asking appropriate questions regarding the position. "10:00 tomorrow, boss. Can you get used to not seeing this old broad around here?"

"Rebecca, you have been the best thing that has happened to me with this office. You and Rich have been there when things got really tough during the divorce and I could always count on you for a hug when I needed it. You will be missed, but you and Rich deserve this time together!"
 
I relax for the rest of day. I pick out a professional outfit for the interview and a pair of stockings and flats a few hours before making dinner. I can hardly contain my excitement. I cannot wait for the interview tomorrow. I go into the kitchen and make dinner and wait for it to finish cooking. I sit down and prayed and thank you for the food. After finishing dinner, I clean up and take a walk for a little bit to calm my nerves. I enjoy the cool air and see the twinkling of stars in the night sky. I smile and walk back home and start the water running for my night bath. I get ready for bed and laid my head on the pillow and went off to sleep.
 
Wrapping up the day, still no response from the other two, sure hope Hang is as good as she sounds in her resume. Rebecca reminds me that she sounded very professional on the phone; I trust Rebecca's judge of people, even from one conversation with them.

Telling Rebecca goodnight as she leaves thru the office entrance, locking it behind her; I head to my kitchen, looking for another frozen dinner to throw in the microwave. Grabbing a beer, I settle into my recliner in the den, flipping on the latest news before settling in to another ball game. After a quick text from each of the kids, I head up to bed . . . ready to take on a new day . . . and hopefully a new assistant.

Next morning . . . up and showered, to the office, coffee pot already brewing. First cup done reading the paper when Rebecca breezes in, knowing she only has 4 more days with me and is enjoying that fact!
 
I hear my alarm go off at 7 am. I wake up and get ready for the day. I brush my teeth and make coffee. I make some breakfast. I see a sticky note on the fridge saying don't forget you have an interview at 10 am. I look at the clock and seeing it say 8:45 am. I was like okay time to get ready for the interview. I grab the clothes I have laid out and get in the shower and get ready for the interview. I brush my teeth once again. I was deciding to either put my hair up or wear it down. I decided to wear it down. I sprayed some perfume on me. I practice a little in the mirror. I look at the clock saying 9:10 am. I grab my briefcase that has everything in it. I walk out the door and out the first floor door. It was a lovely day outside. I walked to my car and drove to the interview address where Rebecca told me to go. I put the address into my phone and the GPS said I should be there at 9:35 am. I was impressed.
 
Looking up as I hear the office door open about 9:45; that is a good sign as far as I am concerned. Rebecca knows the importance of "on time" with me; that means 5-10 minutes early and Hang is off to a good start. Rebecca will have you fill out some paper work before bringing you in to my office.

Within a few minutes, Rebecca is indeed in my office with the paper work . . . a sticky note on the top has "9" written on it, Bec's grade for you. I've never seen a "10" except for Rebecca, so you are definitely off to a good start.

"Show her in. And, I'm ready for another cup of coffee, please."

As Rebecca returns with you and my fresh cup of coffee, I stand and greet you with a firm handshake, "Nice to meet you, Hang, Please have a seat."

Rebecca closes the door behind her on the way out.
 
I reach the office building at 9:35 am. I look around for a few minutes. I am walking towards the door. I open the door and walk myself in. I take off my sunglasses. I see Rebecca at her desk. I went to greet her with a hello. I ask her how she is doing. She replies back saying hello and she is doing well. I smile at her and she hands me paperwork to fill out before I meet you. I fill out the paperwork and Rebecca walks into your office. She walks into your office with the paperwork I just finished filling out. She hands you the paperwork. You are surprised by the sticky note with a number on it. You ask her to show me in and to get you another cup of coffee. She walks back out and sees me and tells me to follow her while she makes you coffee. I follow her. We walked back to your office. Rebecca knocks on your office door to make sure she is not bothering you. You respond saying come in. I let her go first since I am new to this. As I see her walk through your door, I notice how she carries herself well. I walk through your door. I am wearing a white long sleeved shirt, with a coral blouse underneath it, with white long dress pants and stockings with coral small heels. My hair is fiery red. My eyes are hazel. I have a small necklace and earring on. I smile as I walk into your office to meet you.

I greet with a firm handshake and a smile. Nice to meet you too, Mr. Anderson. I smile and do a little bow to you.
 
As you seat yourself in front of my desk, I lift my cup to my lips, taking a few moments to observe my prospective administrative assistant. You are dressed quite appropriately for my office, and also for how I will expect you to dress when we meet with clients when traveling. With the long sleeved shirt and long dress pants, a bit difficult for me to get a detailed concept of you . . . however, that is not really important, as the most critical aspect of my assistant is not tiny body with big tits, but professional in her appearance and conduct.

Setting my cup down, I look directly at you, "I appreciate that you are taking this time to come in and speak with me; I believe that Rebecca may have already answered some of your questions. So, for starters, what do you have to offer me if I take you on as my Assistant?"
 
I look back at you and sit up straight. Well Mr. Anderson, I am good at time management like scheduling your calendar to yours and the clients need.I can learn about the problems you are helping the client while making travel arrangements for you. I can be persuasive. I am a dedicated employee. I am a fast learner. I can make decisions on my feet.
 
"Apparently Rebecca has given you a brief overview of your responsibilities, and I appreciate that you have listened to her. Do you feel you are capable of stepping into a busy office such as this and giving me the confidence that everything is being handled the way I like it? Rebecca can probably tell that I can be a pain in the ass sometimes with my demands . . . but it is my office."

Watching your face to gauge your reaction to my last comment.

"I assume that Rebecca told you that this position requires travel with me to out of town clients from time to time. Do you have any issues that will prevent you from traveling with me? Also, there is a bedroom located just off the office which you may use when we are traveling early; my residence is completely separate from the office area."

"Do you have any questions for me?"
 
I react to you in a strong and calm manner. I am capable of stepping into a busy office and giving you the confidence that everything is being handled the way you like it Mr. Anderson.

I do not have any issues that will prevent me from traveling with you. If I do I will make sure to let you immediately before the end of my shift. I did not know that. Thank you for telling me Mr. Anderson.

Is there a certain way you want your assistant to dress? How should I address you? How long have you worked in this field?
 
"You are dressed quite appropriately for the office as you are now; and it is also appropriate for when we are traveling and meeting with clients. If we know ahead of time that we have no client meetings, you may dress more casually in the office; Rebecca can give you some tips on what that would consist of. I usually only wear coat and tie when I have meetings with clients; most days I am like this, khaki slacks and dress shirt or knit shirt."

"I believe you should refer to me or speak to me as Mr. Anderson, particularly on the phone or in the presence of clients. Rebecca and I have know each other long enough that in the office, she may call me Vince, and I have no problem with that. Let's just see how it goes."

"As far as my experience, I worked for a large consulting firm when I graduated from college; about 15 years ago, I started on my own and Rebecca has been with me the entire 15 years. So if you do have questions about how to put up with me . . . call her."

As the interview draws to a close, "Hang, I would like for you to work with me as my new assistant. I would hope that a starting salary of $30,000 will be acceptable. I will also give you a $1,000 clothing allowance; you can use it now, or wait until we need to travel and then purchase items you may need to fill out your wardrobe. I understand that a recent grad may not have quite the wardrobe necessary for a full-time position."
 
I smile at your words and make a mental note to ask Rebecca of what to wear at the office when there are no client meetings.

I nod at your response. I write down what you said and put it in bold letters. I giggle as I write it down.
 
Last edited:
"So, do we have a deal?" I ask as I stand and offer you my hand.

Pressing the inter-office button on my phone; Rebecca appears at the door. "Rebecca, please work out a schedule for you and Hang for the remainder of this week. It's up to you to make sure she is ready to be on her own by next Monday."
 
I stand up and place my hand in yours and look at you with a smile saying we have a deal, Mr. Anderson.

I see you press the inter-office button on your phone. I hear you talking to Rebecca about working out a schedule her and me for the remainder of the week. You also said into your phone that it is up to her to make sure I am ready by next Monday.

I wait until you are done conversing with Rebecca to ask if I can leave your office to go see her about working out a schedule for the remainder of the week.
 
"Please join Rebecca. You are officially on the payroll as of this minute, so schedule whatever amount of time is necessary for the remainder of this week. Bec and her husband are planning on leaving Saturday for a trip to see their grandchildren and I want her to feel free to leave without worrying about the office."

Holding your hand for a bit longer than necessary, I find that I am enjoying the feel of your soft hand in mine; watching you walk toward the office door, I find the sway of your hips 'inviting', something I am going to have to get used to in the office without affecting the professional relationship between us. As you close the door, I take a deep breath, then turn back to the stack of files on my desk and start answering client e-mails.
 
I smile and notice you holding my hand just a little longer. I feel myself wondering what are your thoughts. As I walk towards the door and head to Rebecca. I ask her what is her schedule like for the remainder of the week. I do not want to ask her questions today. I save the questions for tomorrow. We talk about scheduling me for the rest of the week and time I will be starting. We agreed to me coming in at 9 am and ending the shift at 4 or 5 pm.

As I am about to leave your office, I cannot help but think that you are a great boss and you have a wonderful assistant. I hope I will not disappoint you. I say see you later to Rebbeca. I turn around and knock on your door. I wait for your response.
 
"Come in." Looking up as you enter my office, I find my eyes drawn to overall appearance . . . still a bit of a mystery because of the clothes you have chosen today, but definitely gets my attention. You will be a pleasant addition to my office.

"Did you and Rebecca get your schedule worked out for the rest of the week? I am looking forward to working with you and getting to know you as we move forward in this venture together. Unless you have any questions for me, I look forward to seeing you tomorrow morning."
 
Back
Top