Nightfall - (Firefly OOC)

Little bit of visual trivia.

In "Buffy Season 8," part of the comics continuation of the TV series, early on Buffy compliments a girl named Satsu on her amazing hairstyle. And it really is a fantastic hairstyle.

02-01_zps12c495f4.png

...minus the cool braids down the bottom there, it's totally the hairstyle Kaylee wears when she's being Serenity's barker on Persephone.

tumblr_m5zsadT9Oi1qfkbxlo6_1280_zps76f895fc.jpg

It's funny how different parallel Whedonverses echo into each other.

(...Cordy from "Angel" used "shiny" as a slang phrase, once.)
 
I thought that the Capn was already there. At the end of her post she was standing there, and in my post I had addressed her, but was waiting for a response. If I misunderstood all that I can go back and edit.
 
Sorry, I meant to get a post out before my short trip, but I shall get one going so this thread can be all nice and shiny again.
 
For some reason I thought that Sam was further off from the ship.

Sorry if I've confused anyone.

:(
 
Funny story!

This one time I was in a Yahoo Group based on Exiles, and it was pretty fun.

Partway through the storyline, I had an idea for a female version of Mimic, but I wanted to put an interesting spin on it.

Well, um. I decided to make a Marvel Universe where The Age of Heroes showed up at about, well, 2517. Humanity got gradually exposed to cosmic rays and stuff over the decades traveling through space... and when they got to The System, superhumans and mutants started to emerge.

Still no aliens, and no time travel, and no faster-than-light, but for the most part, it's a Marvel Universe set in The 'Verse. Universe-03K64.

The War for Unification becomes The War for Unification and Registration.

Badger's real name was Jimmy Howlett, and Miriam "Mim" Rankin started out as part of his crew. Sometimes tussled with a gang 'round Eavesdown way led by Shiro Yoshida. :D Forge was called "The Forger," and Sage was called "Tessie Sage," together ran a resistance force called The X-Independents which Mim eventually joined.

The Mighty Avengers were agents of Parliament, and their members included Captain Londinium (Captain Britain) and The Golden Guardian (The Sentry).

Nightcrawler got called Shepherd Wagner.

Because Reavers in the Marvel U are cyborgs, The Reavers in this 'Verse were victims of a technorganic plague which, yes, was bred by the Alliance for purposes of control.

So I started thinking. What was Serenity's crew like in this version of things?

Who was who?

Mal, as it turns out, was The Captain. Essentially Captain America, but one who's lost his faith and is without a country.

Zoe was a Rule 63 version of Bishop. She carries big handguns, is a stone-cold bad-ass, and if you zap her with a laser gun, best be ready for her to fire it back at you.

Wash was Longshot! When his head is clear and his heart is pure, he has amazing luck and skill. Also, his bone structure is such that he can literally float on the wind. (Plus, having two hearts, maybe that harpoon wouldn'ta killed him so dead.)

Simon Tam combined Doug Ramsay and Warlock and was nicknamed "Simon Magus." He survived an encounter with The Reaver Virus and was part machine.

This is handy, because his girlfriend, Kaylee Pryde, she's pretty good with machines when she's not walking through walls. XD

River Tam is Psylocke. A mind-reading girl who underwent brain surgery to turn her into a top-flight assassin? Yeah.

Inara was nicknamed "Jorogumo," after a kind of Japanese spider-demon thing that has the power to seduce... she's Jessica Drew. (By extension of extension, because Saffron has a similar power over men and therefore a connection to this spidery mythos, she's a "Black Widow." XD)

Jayne I had a big debate about, but I wound up deciding he was Hawkeye. How many other dudes you know of can hit a guy in the neck from 500 yards with a bent scope?

But, coup de grace, get this:

Shepherd Book is NICK FURY. As in, Ultimate Nick Fury.

Because both Book and Nick only have one eye, they're both bad-ass crack shots, and-- if you're going by Nick's Ultimate origin, he's also the Ultimate counterpart to Isaiah Bradley and therefore has SECRET CAPTAIN AMERICA POWERS.

Yeah, that's right.

(I was pretty chuffed about that last brainstorm, don't mind me tooting my own horn.)

Anyway, sorry for rambling, entertainment purposes only, not to be taken internally.
 
Oh! And Charlie Zavier almost stopped The War, 'cept someone crashed a Capissen 38 on him.
 
Last edited:
Okay; if I decide I want in, and there are still spots available, would that be cool? Figured I'd ask before I go back and read the entire thread and watch the original series (i saw Serenity on several occasions but never saw the episodes; been meaning to watch them anyway though) on Veehd.

Q_C
 
Dunno what I did, but if I ask twice because of some posting delay, don't be surprised.

Wanted to ask if there was room before deciding if I wanted in, and going back to watch the episodes. I saw the movie, but didn't watch all the shows yet.

Q_C
 
Good news: I'm alive.

Bad news: I need a new car.

Bad news: My arm is in a cast and hurts like hell.

Good news: I'll be able to start writing once I learn to type with my feet.

I'm very sorry for the delay.
 
Good news: I'm alive.

Bad news: I need a new car.

Bad news: My arm is in a cast and hurts like hell.

Good news: I'll be able to start writing once I learn to type with my feet.

I'm very sorry for the delay.

Merciful Buddha, woman, don't worry about us.

Just mend!

(So glad you're still breathin'.)
 
Wow, which god did you anger to have this shit keep happening to you?
 
Back
Top