Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > General Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 04-13-2018, 09:22 PM   #1
AnAmericanDarling
Literotica Guru
 
AnAmericanDarling's Avatar
 
AnAmericanDarling is offline
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Midwest, Honey.
Posts: 695
Exclamation I have an idea - let's drug test Trump.

I read that disgusting thread about how some food stamp recipients might need drug testing in the future. How about drug testing Trump? He's not the most stable of presidents. Hell, even Reagan looked like a prince compared to him.
__________________
"Everybody's equal in the glow of radiation."

"I know you wish you were strong
You wish you were never wrong
Well, I got some wishes of my own"
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2018, 09:25 PM   #2
BotanyBoy
Fuck Your Safe Space
 
BotanyBoy's Avatar
 
BotanyBoy is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 40,894
Other than wasting money what's the problem with drug testing welfare recipients?

We drug test for damn near everything else.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2018, 09:28 PM   #3
BobaFetaCheese
Loves Spam
 
BobaFetaCheese is offline
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2,579
By all accounts Trump is a teetotaler and vehemently anti-drug. Zero reason to think otherwise.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2018, 09:34 PM   #4
BoyNextDoor
I'm so yuge!
 
BoyNextDoor's Avatar
 
BoyNextDoor is offline
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11,019
I don't trust someone that does not have a drink at least now and again
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2018, 09:39 PM   #5
BobaFetaCheese
Loves Spam
 
BobaFetaCheese is offline
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyNextDoor View Post
I don't trust someone that does not have a drink at least now and again
His brother was an addict. I only know this cuz it was mentioned on The Apprentice once and I looked it up.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2018, 09:45 PM   #6
coati
Literotica Guru
 
coati is offline
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by BotanyBoy View Post
Other than wasting money what's the problem with drug testing welfare recipients?

We drug test for damn near everything else.
Equal treatment under the law.

So if Congress and the Executive are going to require drug testing as a condition for getting money for food, we should test Congress and the Executive as a condition for receiving salaries and benefits from the taxpayers. So that logic will apply to Social Security recipients, retired or inactive military, and anyone who receives assistance from the public domain.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2018, 09:48 PM   #7
SgtSpiderMan
Literotica Guru
 
SgtSpiderMan's Avatar
 
SgtSpiderMan is offline
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The City Beautiful
Posts: 20,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by BotanyBoy View Post
Other than wasting money what's the problem with drug testing welfare recipients?

We drug test for damn near everything else.
Courts have ruled it's illegal.
__________________
I only watch shows that begin with the title "Worlds' Blankiest Blank"
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2018, 09:49 PM   #8
removed9556
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2018, 09:56 PM   #9
ThatsTheGuy
Loves Spam
 
ThatsTheGuy is offline
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 4,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSpiderMan View Post
Courts have ruled it's illegal.
Not if one consents to it. If someone's desperate enough, they'll agree to anything to land a job or whatever is most important to them. Food and shelter would rank close to the top on a sensible list of priorities.

It's a very common practice of the employer when they 1st meet an applicant. To me, it's a sign that employer cares enough about they're business to take such a precaution.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2018, 09:57 PM   #10
adrina
Heretic
 
adrina's Avatar
 
adrina is offline
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In my mind and a few others, apparently.
Posts: 10,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesEsseintes View Post
There was a fascinating piece on the radio here yesterday about the problems with unfulfilled jobs in Ohio even where hundreds of thousands are out of work. Apparently, a large part is opiod addiction and the ubiquitous drug-testing.

Why do US companies drug test so routinely? I have heard of it from friends looking for work in the US. I have never ever heard of it in the UK.

It was started by Reagan with his "just say no" shtick. With government contract companies. But then the insurance companies got a hold of it. Essentially now it's a cash cow. There's an entire industry devoted to it.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2018, 09:58 PM   #11
SgtSpiderMan
Literotica Guru
 
SgtSpiderMan's Avatar
 
SgtSpiderMan is offline
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The City Beautiful
Posts: 20,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsTheGuy View Post
Not if one consents to it. If someone's desperate enough, they'll agree to anything to land a job or whatever is most important to them.

It's a very common practice of the employer when they 1st meet an applicant. To me, it's a sign that employer cares enough about they're business to take such a precaution.
Private businesses can do what they want. I'm talking about it being illegal for the government to drug test without a good reason.
__________________
I only watch shows that begin with the title "Worlds' Blankiest Blank"
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2018, 10:02 PM   #12
removed9556
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2018, 10:03 PM   #13
ThatsTheGuy
Loves Spam
 
ThatsTheGuy is offline
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 4,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrina View Post
It was started by Reagan with his "just say no" shtick. With government contract companies. But then the insurance companies got a hold of it. Essentially now it's a cash cow. There's an entire industry devoted to it.
That would be so true.

I've done it often in contractual labor working for construction type companies. Each contract is different and I've taken various tests each time I 'legally' applied for each job. Never had a problem.

After a while of doing that, I began getting calls to work at different sites for different companies. I knew/know the spill and processes they go through well before I actually signed any paper. Common knowledge in my case.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2018, 12:05 AM   #14
BotanyBoy
Fuck Your Safe Space
 
BotanyBoy's Avatar
 
BotanyBoy is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 40,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by coati View Post
Equal treatment under the law.

So if Congress and the Executive are going to require drug testing as a condition for getting money for food, we should test Congress and the Executive as a condition for receiving salaries and benefits from the taxpayers. So that logic will apply to Social Security recipients, retired or inactive military, and anyone who receives assistance from the public domain.
Public assistance =/= salaries from employment =/= compensation and pension.

Try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSpiderMan View Post
Private businesses can do what they want. I'm talking about it being illegal for the government to drug test without a good reason.
A good reason?

LOL "Because" is all the reason they've ever needed.

Like I said they can make everyone else get tested....why not welfare recipients?
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2018, 12:09 AM   #15
Taint_mAnn
Loves Spam
 
Taint_mAnn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by BotanyBoy View Post
Other than wasting money what's the problem with drug testing welfare recipients?

We drug test for damn near everything else.
Should you be tested for receiving benefits?
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2018, 12:31 AM   #16
OldJourno
Literotica Guru
 
OldJourno is offline
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: I am Felix. Ix is my wife
Posts: 4,126
I'd love to know what was coursing through Bill Clinton's blood stream when he tore up a knee at 2 a.m. at Greg Norman's palatial Florida estate. I'd also like to know what ol' Bill was chasing when the knee went south.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2018, 12:36 AM   #17
BotanyBoy
Fuck Your Safe Space
 
BotanyBoy's Avatar
 
BotanyBoy is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 40,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taint_mAnn View Post
Should you be tested for receiving benefits?
I don't receive benefits or public assistance or welfare of any kind.

  Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2018, 01:12 AM   #18
coati
Literotica Guru
 
coati is offline
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by BotanyBoy View Post
A good reason?

LOL "Because" is all the reason they've ever needed.

Like I said they can make everyone else get tested....why not welfare recipients?
I suppose it fits right into Repugnican thinking to starve poor people as a form of punishment for using drugs. The money saved on food assistance can then help pay down some of the deficit caused by tax breaks that primarily benefit the rich.

Yeah, that makes sense from a Repugnican point of view. Drug usage is only considered a health issue if you have money to pay for health care. Otherwise, it is simply a crime.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2018, 01:21 AM   #19
BotanyBoy
Fuck Your Safe Space
 
BotanyBoy's Avatar
 
BotanyBoy is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 40,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by coati View Post
I suppose it fits right into Repugnican thinking to starve poor people as a form of punishment for using drugs. The money saved on food assistance can then help pay down some of the deficit caused by tax breaks that primarily benefit the rich.
Nah, the drug tests cost will WAY outweigh any savings.

And no shit tax breaks primarily benefit the "rich" .....they are the only ones who pay all the taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coati View Post
Yeah, that makes sense from a Repugnican point of view. Drug usage is only considered a health issue if you have money to pay for health care. Otherwise, it is simply a crime.
Kinda.

It's only a health issue if your buying the drugs from the RIGHT sources (government approved ones).

If you're not buying from government approved sources like the Booze joint or big pharma THEN it's suddenly a crime.

Isn't government wonderful!?!?!
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2018, 01:39 AM   #20
coati
Literotica Guru
 
coati is offline
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by BotanyBoy View Post
Nah, the drug tests cost will WAY outweigh any savings.

And no shit tax breaks primarily benefit the "rich" .....they are the only ones who pay all the taxes.

It's only a health issue if your buying the drugs from the RIGHT sources (government approved ones).

If you're not buying from government approved sources like the Booze joint or big pharma THEN it's suddenly a crime.

Isn't government wonderful!?!?!
You are right, there will be no money saved by drug testing the poorest of the food program recipients, but it gives the Repugs the illusion that they are saving money, and that's how they get votes.

Much of the tax burden has been shifted to the middle class, not the super rich.

It is not simply a matter of source to determine if drug usage is treated as a health issue. If you are rich, any drug usage problem (legal or street) suddenly becomes a health issue, where you need to go to a swanky place and get therapy and massages. For the poorest people, drug usage is a primarily a punishable crime.

And, you are continuing to live in your libertarian fantasy world with your blanket statement about government. There is good government, and there is bad government. Depends upon the people in the government.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2018, 01:49 AM   #21
BotanyBoy
Fuck Your Safe Space
 
BotanyBoy's Avatar
 
BotanyBoy is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 40,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by coati View Post
You are right, there will be no money saved by drug testing the poorest of the food program recipients, but it gives the Repugs the illusion that they are saving money, and that's how they get votes.
Not that they are saving money....(R)'s clearly don't give a fuck about that shit and apparently neither do any of their voters. Spending the country into the gutter is ONLY bad when (D)'s do it!!

It's that they are punishing those who the tax payers are being punished to support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coati View Post
Much of the tax burden has been shifted to the middle class, not the super rich.
No, it hasn't it's been shifted to the consumer. Which disproportionately butt fucks the poor/middle class harder. YAY!!!! Raise those gas taxes!!

When you're talking about income/property/luxury taxes the upper 1/4 of the country pays for lions share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coati View Post
It is not simply a matter of source to determine if drug usage is treated as a health issue. If you are rich, any drug usage problem (legal or street) suddenly becomes a health issue, where you need to go to a swanky place and get therapy and massages. For the poorest people, drug usage is a primarily a punishable crime.
Oh yea well that's just green privilege and without ending the failed war on drugs that shit ain't changing anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coati View Post
And, you are continuing to live in your libertarian fantasy world with your blanket statement about government. There is good government, and there is bad government. Depends upon the people in the government.
Liberal, not libertarian.

And I disagree, there is necessary government...and there is unnecessary (and almost always glutenous) government.

Last edited by BotanyBoy : 04-14-2018 at 01:57 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2018, 06:09 AM   #22
WoundedKnee
Loves Spam
 
WoundedKnee is offline
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 7,513
I'm not sure about the drug testing or its effectiveness in solving any problem.
I do have a problem with the hate and hysteria aimed at anyone who would support it.
As it is with a job, you are going to either comply with their demands or you're going to seek employment elsewhere.
As it is with public assistance, you are going to comply with the demands or you're going to have to seek out private assistance.
TANSTAAFL
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2018, 06:52 AM   #23
SgtSpiderMan
Literotica Guru
 
SgtSpiderMan's Avatar
 
SgtSpiderMan is offline
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The City Beautiful
Posts: 20,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by BotanyBoy View Post
Public assistance =/= salaries from employment =/= compensation and pension.

Try again.



A good reason?

LOL "Because" is all the reason they've ever needed.

Like I said they can make everyone else get tested....why not welfare recipients?
The Constitution specifically says otherwise. As a point of fact the government does not drug test "everyone".
__________________
I only watch shows that begin with the title "Worlds' Blankiest Blank"
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2018, 07:00 AM   #24
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television
 
Hypoxia's Avatar
 
Hypoxia is offline
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Llareggub, just around the corner
Posts: 23,965
I posted this elsewhere but it applies.

In the bright world of the future, every human (and some chimerae, hybrids, and cyborgs) on US territory will be implanted with chips that reveal identity, location, and current bloodwork when triggered. Our biochemistry will be known. In response, drug designers will whip out new venoms on an hourly basis, to be produced by home 3D printer-biochemical-synthesizers. It'll be never-ending escalation. Enforcers will lose.

Ubiquitous surveillance will include constant drug monitoring. Get ready.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2018, 07:05 AM   #25
WoundedKnee
Loves Spam
 
WoundedKnee is offline
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 7,513
The machines will take over first.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.