Request: If you're Military, Police, Firefighter etc., please post pics here!!!!

So, for September 11th, our wing is doing a 10 mile memorial ruck march. I'm debating how I'm gonna set up my rig for that. I've got a backpack that I usually load up with water (about 30 pounds total), but it doesn't really sit on me very comfortably (the joys of cheap backpacks I suppose). Wondering if I'd get some better weight distribution if I figure out how to attach the backpack to my Interceptor vest.

I'm not too concerned about the weight, though this march will be longer by about 4 miles than any I've done in about 10 years. :eek:

see if you can find an old alice frame (like they used for the radio's in Vietnam) and fit your pack to it, put a pad belt into it and then set it to your body shape - works for me and I usually carry up to about 80kg - I think it's roughly about 100lb's

see if you can find an old alice frame (like they used for the radio's in Vietnam) and fit your pack to it, put a pad belt into it and then set it to your body shape - works for me and I usually carry up to about 80kg - I think it's roughly about 100lb's

Dunno if I'll be able to find one of those out here. Dunno where I'd even find a surplus shop in this country.

What wing are you Texguy? I based with the 341st MW. Sounds like your a SF, maybe a CCT or PJ.

Eh, discouraged from giving details online. Loose lips and what not. It's not secret squirrel stuff or anything, I'm just a support troop who fights from a desk in an office. :D

I hear you texguy I have no problem saying my wing seeing that its been on the Today show but other then that. Its all FOUO/UCNI

Here is a photo of me at work last summer.
6-14-2009.jpg

Yes you do :D I adore a man in uniform (so long as it's not a prison uniform) but even more so out of uniform :devil:

I don't mind being out of uniform, it's a bit more comfortable. And the journey to being in uniform to getting out of uniform can be fun with the right company ;)

I don't mind being out of uniform, it's a bit more comfortable. And the journey to being in uniform to getting out of uniform can be fun with the right company ;)

LoL - so are subliminally suggesting that you'll be doing a strip set :devil:

heres my contribution me at the county training center

Attachments

• me in gear _orig.jpg
    me in gear _orig.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 576
Well thank you so much for sharing :rose: So tell me, how hot do you get in that uniform?

very very hot doesn't matter if its 10 below outside which it has happened with last years ice storm im still sweating my little ass off inside

Back