Like A Rhinestone Cowboy

RIP Glen Campbell.

Did any of you watch the doc of him touring with dementia? Heartbreaking.

I actually saw the farewell tour and haven't been able to make myself watch the movie, though its in my Netflix cue. The show was tragically beautiful. He's play just completely ripping guitar solos, and then seem confused after the song was over. He told the same joke several times, including at the backstage meet and greet. His life in music and legacy are truly amazing, as a session player, and solo artist. The pairing of he and Jimmy Webb (songwriter of Wichita Lineman, Galveston and man others) is truly a gift to the universe.
 
RIP Glen Campbell.

Did any of you watch the doc of him touring with dementia? Heartbreaking.

Fata, He was one of my earliest fave musicians. I LOVED his music. My Mom has dementia. I recently had to ease her into a nursing home....still working it.

It's so hard. "heartbreaking" is the right word.
 
Emerson 40....

I have a wonderful, distant, summer memory, anchored in my brain by Campbell's version of Wichita Lineman. It involves a beautiful girl whose hair smelled of sunshine and the beach, and whose kisses tasted like Juicy Fruit gum, starry summer nights, an acoustic guitar, and an old Ford Bronco with the hardtop removed, and a Glen Campbell cassette stuck in the deck.

RIP Mr. Campbell.


*tumps over, unconscious.* They used to call it "fainting". OMG, if I had met a man like you all those years ago, I would have married him. *blush*
oh oh oh.
 
Great guitar player, Chet Atkins kind of talent.
 
Back
Top