Marriage Proposal Gone Wrong - RV & Open

rvplymates

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jul 26, 2006
Posts
9,719
Crystal was surprised when her best friend took her to one of the expensive, romantic places for dinner. It was a beautiful place that boasted of a romantic ocean view. Couples could walk the beach under the startling beautiful moon. He helped her out of the car and before she could say a word he whisked her into the place. Chandeliers and rich red drapes spoke of romance and a intimacy that they really never had. She was confused as they were seated and he ordered them a lobster dinner with steak, one of the most expensive selections on the menu. As they ate she looked at him wondering what this was all about. After dinner he paid their bill and lead her to the beach.

She slipped off her heels as they moved onto the sandy beach still confused. When they got to the water's edge suddenly he got on one knee, grabbed her hand and proposed to her. She was shocked and didn't know what to say as she looked down at his hopeful face. Finally she spoke, “John, we are friends and always have been but I am too old for you. I am thirty one and have never thought of you in that way. I am sorry I have to say no.

She saw the hurt look on his face as he stood up, turned and walked away. She saw him throw the ring away and realized that there was spectators to this embarrassing moment. She turned and looked at the waves slamming against the shore feeling sad and a bit guilty for refusing him. She stood there for awhile before turning with her neck bent so she was looking at the sand as she walked back to the restaurant. Suddenly she walked into a solid body and when she looked up there was a tall, muscular, mature man before her. She spoke softly to him, I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention to where I was going.”
 
When he saw them enter the restaurant, he originally assumed they were Aunt/Nephew or possibly even Mother/Son. However, observing the way the young man looked at the woman, it took very little deduction to realize that the young man was in love with her. However, it was further obvious that, while she was flattered by his attention, she didn't share such feelings.

He didn't know what their relationship truly was, but by the way the young man fidgeted at times, he could tell a momentous decision had been made.

When they finished their meal and stood, he noticed the young man reach into his trouser pocket and nervously work at something in it. Briefly, the woman left, to where, he could guess. While she was gone, her companion took his hand out of his pocket, whereupon he caught the distinctive glint of a ring in his hand.

His table allowed him a vantage of a significant span of beach. Many was the night he'd watched diners finish their meals and enjoy the relaxation the water and sand provided as they strolled hand-in-hand along the shore.

It took little searching to find the couple. They barely reached the water's edge before the young man stopped, then fell to one knee, holding the ring up to his companion.

He couldn't hear what was said, but he knew the basic gist of it, even when she gave him her answer.

After a brief conversation, whereupon both participants became increasingly distressed, the young man rose and slunk away, his heart obviously broken. He watched the ring get thrown into the distance, then the young man disappeared into the darkness.

For some moments, she stood there, the wind off the water tousling her hair, and eventually, she began slowly meandering back toward the restaurant.

Rising from his seat, he ordered a glass of wine, then stepped out to intercept her when she arrived.

So preoccupied was she that she literally stepped right into him when she ascended the stairs to get back inside.

"I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention to where I was going,” she muttered as she looked up at him.

Offering the glass he held, he said, "It's quite alright. I should probably have offered this to your companion, but being as he's left, you're welcome to it. I witnessed the whole thing. Would you care to talk about it?"
 
She lifted her face upward until her eyes reached his face she was surprised to see a man closer to her age standing like a solid wall in her way as he told her, "It's quite alright. I should probably have offered this to your companion, but being as he's left, you're welcome to it. I witnessed the whole thing. Would you care to talk about it?" She could feel the heat of a blush burning her face as she shook her head no. She bent her knee and reached back and down and slipped her heel onto her foot. When she went to do the same thing with the other shoe she felt herself lose her balance and she reached out a hand to grab onto the stranger. She could feel his powerful arm under his suit. She looked up into his eyes and told him, "I'm sorry."

It took her a few seconds to realize she wasn't going to get around him and that he was not going to move out of her way. She was still holding onto his arm. She pulled back her hand and asked as politely as she could, "Would you mind moving a bit so I can get around you?" She waited for him to move feeling very uncomfortable.
 
The woman didn't take the offered glass. In fact, she said nothing as she began to slip her shoes back on.

The first went on easily. The second, not so much. When she bent over to put it on, the height of the one she wore, coupled with the tiny point of the heel caused her to begin to topple.

On instinct, she reached out to the nearest object to steady herself. Of course, the nearest object stood holding a wine glass and had most recently asked her if she needed to talk about what had just happened out on the beach.

He didn't move. He simply let her do what she needed. She seemed capable enough, and further, appeared fairly self-aware. However, that self-awareness was quite obviously shaken by the young man's proposal.

As she apologized, she turned her gaze up to his. It was the first their eyes had truly met. She had mesmerizing eyes. They were big and luminous, devoid of excess highlighting. In fact, she appeared to have very little makeup on, and still he found her striking. She was the kind of woman he liked most: those who possessed a true, natural beauty, but seemed unaware of it, yet felt no need to try and cover what she did have in excessive layers of powders and such.

It took several seconds for her to realize she still held his arm, and when she did, she screwed up enough energy to sound annoyed. "Would you mind moving a bit so I can get around you?"

At this show of chutzpah, he looked down at her calmly, took a sip from the glass he'd offered, then stated flatly but firmly: "I will not. You need to sit a moment. I can tell you're shaken by what's just happened, and I don't know how you arrived, but I won't let you drive in the state you're in." He indicated one of the tables on the verandah.

"I suggest you sit." He stated it as a suggestion, but his tone of voice indicated there was little choice to it.
 
Crystal's blue eyes got bigger as the stranger took a sip from the glass he had offered her and told her quite calmly, and with authority, "I will not. You need to sit a moment. I can tell you're shaken by what's just happened, and I don't know how you arrived, but I won't let you drive in the state you're in." Her eyes followed the slight nod of his head as he indicated one of the tables on the verandah. She was just about to protest when he spoke again, "I suggest you sit." She wondered what he would do if she pushed her way past his huge body. She was tempted to do that but there was something in his voice that told her she had no choice but to do what he said. She slipped past him and took the chair that was pressed against the railing. She waited for him to sit down before she began to speak.

"I really need to go home and telephone John, I feel very bad about hurting his...... Another thought struck her and she stood up, "I have to find his ring, it looked very expensive and he needs to take it back and get his money back." She was surprised by the speed of the huge man as he suddenly step in front of her. She felt her anger rise, "Now look here, you are not responsible for me. I am a grown woman and I can take care of myself. So please, get out of my way, I have to find that ring and give it back to John or his Mother."
 
The woman appeared shocked that he'd given her, a stranger, such a command. However, she moved toward the seat he'd indicated, then placed herself in it.

When he was satisfied she was situated, he sat himself across from her. It was then that she began, "I really need to go home and telephone John, I feel very bad about hurting his..." Then another thought hit her like a bolt of lightning, and she stood, horror etched on her face.

"I have to find his ring, it looked very expensive and he needs to take it back and get his money back."

She tried to leave, but he stood and moved to block her escape. Before he could say a word, her ire rose.

"Now look here, you are not responsible for me. I am a grown woman and I can take care of myself. So please, get out of my way, I have to find that ring and give it back to John or his Mother."

He let her get it out. She was right, to an extent. The boy should have his ring back. However...

"Sit." He waited for the protest, and a quick one came to her lips, but it never left them. He was quite a bit bigger than she was, and while he didn't necessarily care for using such intimidation, if it appeared necessary, he wasn't above using it to his advantage.

Several silent moments passed between them, he looking down impassively, she glaring up at him. Eventually, she huffed back to her seat.

He dialed a number on his phone, waited a moment, and when the person on the other end answered, he said, "It's Jonah. Can you send Juan and Randy out on the verandah with the metal detectors? I have a woman out here who's lost a piece of jewelry on the beach and needs help finding it." He then hung up and turned back to his charge.

"I'd guess you'd have some trouble finding a ring in all that sand. Do you even remember which direction he threw it? I have a fair idea which direction it went. People lose things on the beach all the time. The restaurant owns a couple metal detectors and has expert operators for them, to help patrons retrieve such items."

Shortly after finishing this speech, two young men came out, fully decked out as modern-day beach combing treasure hunters. He gave them instructions as to the area where the item should be, and they dutifully headed in that direction.

Turning back to the woman, he said, "If anyone can find your ring, it'll be those two. I've seen them at work before. If I know them, they'll find more than just what they've been sent for."

He took another sip from the wine glass. "Now, please, tell me what all this was about."
 
"Sit." She was startled by his word and wondered if he thought she was a dog to be told to sit like that. She felt anger running through her as she glared at him. She opened her mouth and then shut it at a loss at what to say. She looked him over again and knew she would never get passed him. A sense of helplessness engulfed her as she stood in front of the huge man. Finally all she could do was huff and sit down and wonder how long he would keep her imprisoned. She watched him take out his cell and call a number. His voice was filled with authority as he spoke, "It's Jonah. Can you send Juan and Randy out on the verandah with the metal detectors? I have a woman out here who's lost a piece of jewelry on the beach and needs help finding it." It struck her that this man was someone of importance as he turned back to her.

"I'd guess you'd have some trouble finding a ring in all that sand. Do you even remember which direction he threw it? I have a fair idea which direction it went. People lose things on the beach all the time. The restaurant owns a couple metal detectors and has expert operators for them, to help patrons retrieve such items." When he asked her if she remembered what direction the ring was thrown she thought for a moment and then shook her head no. She wondered why he had to be the voice of reason especially since he seemed to be holding her prisoner.

Her attention was drawn to two young men dressed like beach combing treasure hunters. She just sat there as the huge man gave them instructions. She was amazed that he knew which way the ring was thrown and she wondered how long he had been watching her. She watched them leave and wished she could do the same when the huge man spoke again, "If anyone can find your ring, it'll be those two. I've seen them at work before. If I know them, they'll find more than just what they've been sent for."

She nodded her head and watched him take a sip of his wine and was startled again when he spoke again. "Now, please, tell me what all this was about." She really didn't want to tell him what had happened but it seemed he was the type that would not take no for an answer. She sighed and began, "John's mother and mine were and are good friends. I was 11 when John was born. We became good friends even though there is an age difference. I was surprised when he called me up and asked if I would spend the evening with him. I was shocked when he brought me here, its so expensive. I didn't question it as I have the habit of treating him like a child and he is a grown man after all. After dinner he suggested a walk on the beach so we came out here onto the sand and we were talking. Suddenly he went down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I was stunned and I told him I was too old for him and that we are friends. He got upset, threw the ring and left me here and then you came along and decided to imprison me."
 
Intently, Jonah listened to her brief story regarding the events leading up to, and those of the evening.

He laughed when she mentioned her being imprisoned. "Imprisoned? Far from it. It was simply that you appeared quite shaken by what had happened with this 'John" of yours. There have been a number of incidents from this very restaurant where distracted patrons - not all alcohol related - have gone on their way and been hurt along the way because they were too deeply into their own heads and weren't paying attention to their surroundings."

Of course, he wasn't telling her that she'd struck him as soon as he'd seen her step inside. He'd have been delighted for her if the proposal had turned out differently. However, as it was, while it seemed the work of a scavenger, he was willing to see if there was any headway he could make with her, in light of the outcome of the young man's proposal.

"Too young for you, you say? In this day and age, where octogenarians marry nineteen year olds, who's to say what's too old and too young? Still, we each have our own criteria, no?" He fixed her gaze with a penetrating stare. "What would you say is the proper age for a mate for you, then?"
 
Crystal was taken back when the man began to laugh until he spoke, "Imprisoned? Far from it. It was simply that you appeared quite shaken by what had happened with this 'John" of yours. There have been a number of incidents from this very restaurant where distracted patrons - not all alcohol related - have gone on their way and been hurt along the way because they were too deeply into their own heads and weren't paying attention to their surroundings."

She frowned for a moment and then thought about what he had said, yes she was distracted, so distracted that she had not even considered how she was going to get home. John had put her in quite a pickle. She opened her purse and looked inside and sighed. She had not taken her wallet. She looked helplessly at the huge man but then quickly changed her expression. She couldn't ask for help from a complete stranger especially one that was such a dominate male. She had always steered clear of this kind of man, they frightened her. "So tell me do you own this place? Is that why your afraid if a customer gets hurt it is your responsibility? You know I am quite capable of taking care of myself."

She was quite surprised when he ignored her comment and turned the conversation back to her again. "Too young for you, you say? In this day and age, where octogenarians marry nineteen year olds, who's to say what's too old and too young? Still, we each have our own criteria, no?" She didn't like the way he stared at her, it made her feel strange and then he asked her, "What is the proper age for a mate for you, then?" She felt so intimated that she blurted out, "Mid thirties to mid fourty's. A bit older if the person looks younger." She drew air through her teeth making a hissing sound and blushed a deep red. She scolded herself for answering a question from a complete stranger especially this stranger who made her feel so funny.
 
Jonah was rather surprised when this woman answered his age question so quickly. Even though she'd complied with each of his commands, she still had generally mustered the will to put up some sort of protest, or at least make a comment. He'd rather expected she'd have dug her heels in regarding such a question.

However, she replied almost immediately:

"Mid thirties to mid forties. A bit older if the person looks younger."

She then realized what she'd said, and that she was revealing herself to him, something she'd resisted doing since they'd met. As her skin flushed, he watched her kick herself for the outburst.

While her discomfort somewhat amused him, Jonah kept his face impassive. He didn't want her to think he was mocking her, or that he was toying with her. To be honest, he liked her looks, and he liked her spirit. Her voice fell nicely on the ear, and he was sure her skin was soft and smooth.

Not acknowledging her comment, he went back to something she'd asked before.

"I'm part owner of this place. A nephew who's a chef wanted a restaurant and had a third the capital he needed. Mostly, I say out of the day-to-day affairs, but each month we go through the books and make sure everything's running smoothly. Three and a half years so far. I'm very proud of him.

"I'm here two or three nights a week. I'm glad I happened to be here this evening."

He didn't elaborate. He knew that statement could have been taken as an advance on her, or it could have meant he was glad that he was there to help her find the ring so she could get it back to her young man.

He hadn't asked a name. He knew from experience that she'd offer that when she was comfortable.
 
She was relieved when he did not acknowledge what she had stupidly said. She couldn't believe she allowed all of that to spill out. She felt a bit shy now as she looked at this strong, powerful good looking man. She was sure that he probably fell in that broad inventory of ages that she liked in men.

When he spoke she listened and realized he was answering one of her previous questions, "I'm part owner of this place. A nephew who's a chef wanted a restaurant and had a third the capital he needed. Mostly, I stay out of the day-to-day affairs, but each month we go through the books and make sure everything's running smoothly. Three and a half years so far. I'm very proud of him.

Her math was excellent and she realized that this man in front of her was rich. She understood now why he felt he could command her like he had. He probably held the lives of many people in his hands. She tensed as she resigned herself to the fact that she was not going to let this man run her life. She was taken back when he told her, "I'm here two or three nights a week. I'm glad I happened to be here this evening." She blushed catching on to his meaning right away. She felt he was a dangerous man to be around. She hoped he had no interest in her passed the idea of helping her to find the ring. She felt he was the kind of man who was use to getting what he wanted. Now the need to leave was even more pressing.

She could feel her hands trembling as she stood and turned to the rail. She grasped it tightly as she looked out at the huge expanse of the beach. She absentmindedly said, "I don't see them."
 
As he sat, letting his last phrase sink in, her reaction told him which direction she'd taken it. It was the way he truly meant it, but wasn't sure she'd interpret it the same.

Again, her face turned color, and she looked like she wanted to hide. He smiled slightly. Why was it that a shy woman was so charming?

Then, abruptly, she stood nervously and turned in the direction the men had gone with the metal detectors. For a few seconds, she gazed intently out on the sand, muttering, "I don't see them."

Jonah rose from his seat and joined her at the rail. He gently placed a hand on her lower back and told her, "They'll be back. They've probably found your ring and are simply searching for other treasures people may have lost. They tend to get wrapped up in the discovery." He hadn't turned his own gaze toward the beach. He was directing this straight at her, admiring her features, the curve of her body in the lovely dress she wore.

"If they aren't back in another ten minutes, I'll call to find out how they're faring."
 
She shivered when she felt his warm big hand on her lower back afraid that he might slide it down to her behind. For a big man he had not made a sound as he had approached her. His voice was soft and gentle as he told her, "They'll be back. They've probably found your ring and are simply searching for other treasures people may have lost. They tend to get wrapped up in the discovery." She turned her face toward him and was surprised to see him looking directly at her. She was a loss for words when he spoke again. "If they aren't back in another ten minutes, I'll call to find out how they're faring." Her mouth was dry as she looked into his eyes. She knew she was blushing once more as she told him, "I really do have to get home." She couldn't think of an excuse why with him standing so closely to her with his hand on the small of her back.
 
Jonah half expected her to pull away when she felt his hand on her. However, while she tensed somewhat, she made no move but to look up at him. He watched her fumble at something to say, her face once more red as could be at his touch.

Finally, she managed, "I really do have to get home." It was stated weakly. It was as if she was trying to convince herself of the necessity.

Jonah's voice was a gentle rumble when he whispered, "Why? What's awaiting you there?"
 
Last edited:
Crystal was at a loss for words when he whispered, "Why? What's awaiting you there?" She looked a bit bewildered by his question. She opened her mouth to say something and shut it again as she realized she had nothing waiting for her there. She could not admit that to this man though. She looked into his eyes and it seemed to her that he knew that already. Her life seemed empty to her. Even the charity work and church functions that she enjoyed seemed empty. She realized then that it was because she had no one to share her life with.

She turned her face from him and looked at the beach again feeling strangely empty.
 
Her nonplussed look spoke volumes. It obviously wasn't a question that'd been asked in quite that way. It forced her to think about it. Jonah rather expected her to say that there was a dog or cat at home she needed to look after. It would have been a valid response, at least in one aspect. Still, from the way the question stopped her short, and the fact that she appeared to think for some time about it, and came up with nothing, that she was making a huge - and bleak - realization.

The vacant stare she eventually turned back to the crash of waves in the darkness was heart-wrenching.

"Come on," he said after a few moments passed. "Let's go see if the boys have found your ring." He held a hand out to her in invitation.
 
Her eyes scanned the beach as deep depression fell on her like a overweight blanket. She told herself she did have a life trying to dispel the feeling of uselessness when suddenly he spoke, "Come on," She turned her face toward him and frowned wondering what he would say next to make her feel bad. "Let's go see if the boys have found your ring." I look of mistrust flashed across her face before she placed her small hand into his. She hoped the boys as he had called them had found the ring so she could go home. Then it struck her, she had no way to get home. Worry crossed her face before she got it under control. She moved when he did and soon they were going down the stairs. When they reached the sand she felt her heels sink into the sand. She was a bit wobbly for a moment before she caught her balance and asked, "Which way should we go?
 
At first, he saw how she wondered just what he intended to do with this invitation. He'd been cordial and even helpful to her so far, even if she'd felt rather a caged animal by his inflexibility regarding her getting away.

Still, after a bit, she lifted her hand and placed it in his. Her fingers were cool and slim, quite capable hands, for all their smoothness...

Once that small act was done, Jonah began walking. A gentle pressure on those fingers led her down the stairs, back to the sand she'd traveled previously.

On the beach, her high heels - that showed her feet and legs to such delectable degree - sank into the sand, turning her balance all topsy-turvy. Gripping Jonah's hand and extending her other to the verandah railing, she quickly steadied herself, finally saying with some degree of confidence, "Which way should we go?"

Before they went anywhere, Jonah turned to her, releasing her hand, then began to lower himself to his knees before her. The skirt she wore was relatively short, though it covered everything and then some, but a quick glance up showed she was embarrassed to have him in such a position, especially after she'd been proposed to once that evening.

However, instead of pulling out a ring and making any kind of overture on her, he reached for her left foot and lifted it off the sand. Gently and skillfully slipping her shoe off, he placed her now-bare foot back down, holding the back of her calf as he eased her into place. Jonah took some small advantage of the situation to slide his hand slightly up the back of her heel as he removed her right shoe, then placed her other bare foot down on the sand.

Gathering both her shoes, he made a quick assessment of them as he placed them beside the stairs leading to the beach, next to several pairs others had left behind for their stroll in the sand. The heels were high, but only slightly taller than he figured she normally wore to work. They were expensive, but nothing a woman with a reasonably good job couldn't afford for something to wear for a "nice night out." They were "special occasion" shoes, but as well, could be recycled for other occasions, should they be required.

Without saying a word, Jonah slipped off his own deck shoes - no need wearing anything too fancy when you might end up out on the sand for any reason - and placed them next to the others.

He then reached out and took her hand once more, gave her a glance and began walking in the direction the young men with the metal detectors had gone...
 
Crystal looked down the beach as she waited for his answer. When he said nothing she turned her face to him and lifted it so she could look at his face. She looked at him questioningly as he released her hand. She was stunned as he slowly lowered himself to the sand. It struck her he was on his knee's and wonder why men were so attracted to the sand. She felt the heat of a blush on her cheeks as she looked at him in this position.

She was stunned as he reached toward her and lifted her left foot and gently placed his other hand on her calf as he slipped off her shoe. Before she could react his hands moved to her other foot to lift and touch it just as intimately as he had with her other foot. She could feel the warm sand underneath her feet as she look into his eyes. She watched as he picked the shoes up and placed them by the stairs before he stood up and slipped his own shoes off. She felt strangely intimated by his huge hard body next to her as he reached out and took her hand again.

She felt a moment of panic and thought about telling him to forget about the ring but he began to walk down the beach and she had no option but to go with him.
 
Jonah released the woman's hand after it was obvious she was coming along. He strode leisurely to the waterline, then turned and began making his way in the direction he'd seen his companion and her young friend go earlier.

The woman continued along beside him, though he was sure some part of her wondered why. There was little need in hurrying. Chances were that if the ring had been found, the boys would have returned with it. However, they'd been known to get wrapped up in the search, especially if they'd managed to find more than they'd originally come out to find.

When they finally came alongside where the young men with the metal detectors meticulously and eagerly scanned the sand, they turned and approached the young men.

The dark haired one, Juan, noticed they were no longer alone, and got suddenly sheepish. He gave his blond friend a nudge and the pair stepped over to the older couple.

"Sorry Jonah. We got sidetracked." He motioned to his friend, who held out a hand. "I don't know if this is the ring we were meant to find, but it's the only one that's turned up. Randy found a cheap wristwatch and we've turned up two dollars and thirty eight cents in loose change."

The blond kid dropped a diamond ring into Jonah's palm, then with a nod, they both headed back toward the restaurant.

Jonah picked up the ring and looked it over. If it was indeed the correct ring, it'd set the young gentleman back quite a lot of money. It definitely needed to be returned.

Turning to his lovely companion, he held the ring up in front of her. "Is this the ring your young friend presented to you?"
 
Crystal felt relief when the man released her hand. Neither one of them spoke as they walked along as if they had nothing better to do. She wondered why he walked to the edge of the water but she about to ask him why. She just followed she thought like a puppy dog on a long string as he changed his direction. She managed to look around and saw stars in the sky and tried to remember what people said about stars in the night. She looked at the moon and felt a twinge of regret that she had hurt her friend's feelings so much. She knew for sure that she could not marry someone she thought of as a brother. In fact she had given up the idea of marriage a long time ago as who would want to marry a 31 year old woman.

She was relieved when they found the two young men but she could also see that they were just playing around with the metal detectors. She frowned as they came right to them and one of them apologized right away. "Sorry Jonah. We got sidetracked." she was a bit annoyed but did not say a thing as the young man motioned to his friend and told Jonah, "I don't know if this is the ring we were meant to find, but it's the only one that's turned up. Randy found a cheap wristwatch and we've turned up two dollars and thirty eight cents in loose change." She craned her neck to see the ring but before she could the boy put the ring in Jonah's hand and they were gone, hurrying off to the restaurant.

She watched Jonah inspecting the ring as she craned her neck to see if it was the ring she needed to find. She back up quickly as he turned to her and held the ring up for her inspection. "Is this the ring your young friend presented to you?" She backed up a step and looked at it, "Yes that is the ring, thank you so much for having your people find it for me." She held her hand out expecting him to place it in her palm. When he didn't she raised her head and looked at him questioningly.
 
When the woman confirmed that the ring the boys had found was indeed the one that her young friend had presented her, Jonah nodded.

He ignored her suddenly outstretched hand and stated, as he slipped the ring into his jacket pocket. He scanned her up and down quickly, though he'd done that several times already, only without her standing quite so closely. "I'll hang on to it for you for now. It doesn't appear you have any pockets in that lovely dress you're wearing, and it'll be quite secure with me.

"Do you have a ride home? I can call a cab, or I'm leaving soon. I could give you a ride and save you the fare."
 
Crystal felt the heat of a blush as the man named Jonah ignored her outstretched hand and placed the ring in his pocket while looking her over from head to foot. She had never felt the intense sensation that simple act could induce in her. She had never felt so exposed before as he told her, "I'll hang on to it for you for now. It doesn't appear you have any pockets in that lovely dress you're wearing, and it'll be quite secure with me." She was searching for an answer as he continued, "Do you have a ride home? I can call a cab, or I'm leaving soon. I could give you a ride and save you the fare." This was the first time in her life that a man had ever made her feel so incompetent or so desirable. She searched for something to say that would help her get away from him. She was at a loss as she had not taken her purse as she hadn't even thought of the outing as a date. She began to sputter, "I-I should probably leave now. S-so if you give me the ring, I will leave." She frowned as she felt like such a child in front of him.
 
His offer of a ride home seemed to fluster her. She stood silent for a moment, while her mind worked a mile a minute. Finally she forced out something about getting home and Jonah giving her the ring.

As if he didn't hear her ignore his offer, Jonah continued, "It's no bother, really. C'mon. We'll get you home. You've had a big evening."

Once again, he held out his hand.
 
Crystal was about to demand that he give her the ring when he spoke again, "It's no bother, really. C'mon. We'll get you home. You've had a big evening." She realized that she had no choice. Her wallet was at home and not in her purse. She looked at his outstretched hand and thought of people she might be able to call to pick her up but she couldn't even do that without money to use the pay phone. She should have bought a cell like everyone in the world seemed to own. She knew she was out of options as she slipped her hand into his and told him, "I really do appreciate this.

As she walked with the tall muscular handsome man she kept trying to think of some way to get away from him. She had never met such a forceful man and in many ways that frightened her. Another idea entered her mind as they made their way back to the restaurant. She looked up at him and was startled when she realized he was looking at her. "You know, you really don't need to drive me home. If you lend me cab fare I could pay you back. I would hate to take you out of your way." Suddenly another thought struck her, "Oh goodness, John never paid the bill."
 
Back
Top