The Isolated Political Blurt Thread

Ugliest (American) Election in (Modern) History!

Roy Moore, does not have a beautiful mind, or a beautiful spirit. It is surprising that the house of worship that he attends, does not spontaneously combust when he enters through the archway.

The Fates have certainly been amusing themselves, at our expense.

:confused:

Ugliest (American) Election in (Modern) History!

Roy Moore, does not have a beautiful mind, or a beautiful spirit. It is surprising that the house of worship that he attends, does not spontaneously combust when he enters through the archway.

The Fates have certainly been amusing themselves, at our expense.

:confused:
I think he lost support from his church when his wife admitted that they have Jewish friends.

I think he lost support from his church when his wife admitted that they have Jewish friends.

That's possible. To evangelical wing-nuts, all Jews should be deported to Israel, where they can be cannon fodder against the Arab until Jesus comes back and rescues everyone. Or something like that. Their eschatology changes a lot. :D

WaPo has me busrting out in laughter.

"Trump Respects Women, You Disgusting Floozy!"

A quote that could have been sourced directly from the Lit's GB.

24993661_530673040650820_7007990703757559558_n.jpg

Jimmy Carter, alive and productive, at 93 years of age, in 2017

Christmas Pageant of Peace Remarks on Lighting the National Community Christmas Tree.

December 15, 1977

Our Nation is not one of solemn faces and sad demeanors, but our Nation is one of hope and vision and even happiness. And Christmas is a time to remind us that even when we do suffer and are disappointed in the United States and live even a dismal life, compared to our own immediate neighbors, compared to most of the rest of the world, we indeed have a joyous life and a wonderful life. God has blessed us in this country.

Well, in closing, let me say that Christmas has a special meaning for those of us who are Christians, those of us who believe in Christ, those of us who know that almost 2,000 years ago, the Son of Peace was born to give us a vision of perfection, a vision of humility, a vision of unselfishness, a vision of compassion, a vision of love.

Those are exactly the same words that describe our theme this year. The theme is "The American Family." And I hope that we'll make every effort during this Christmas season not only to bring our immediate family together but to look at the family of all humankind, so that we not any longer cherish a commitment toward animosity or the retention of enemies but that we forgive one another and, indeed, form a worldwide family where every human being on Earth is our brother or our sister.

Thank you for letting me come and meet with you and to remind each of you that Christmas is a time for re-commitment of each life to the finest ideals that we can possibly envision.

Thank you very much.

The Republican party practiced treason against a sitting president, (Shocking ?) involving another nation,in order to gain political power. A very elderly and self-involved man, inappropriate to the role of president was installed, after the machinations were proved successful. Utter corruption thrived, after the good president was deposed.

Too Lazy to Kill Regulations, Trump Is Ignoring Them Instead
Assuming it never plunges the planet into a nuclear winter, Donald Trump’s incompetence will be one of his presidency’s saving graces. The demagogue-in-chief has exposed the fragility of America’s democratic institutions, and the openness of (many of) its people to authoritarian rule. But he’s proven far too lazy to exploit these liabilities. No dictator has ever executed a coup while setting aside four to eight hours a day for watching cable news on DVR, and virtually every weekend for a golf vacation. Beyond mitigating the tail risk of totalitarianism, Trump’s ineptitude has also impaired the GOP’s legislative agenda, and dampened his prospects of reelection.

And yet, even the president’s bitterest enemies have given him credit for efficacy on one front: bending the regulatory state to his donors’ whims.

By weaponizing the rarely used Congressional Review Act (CRA) — a law that empowers Congress to repeal any regulations enacted within the final 60 legislative days of its previous session — Trump nipped 15 Obama-era rules in the bud.
...<snip>
This blitzkrieg of repealed rules — combined with Trump’s decision to put foxes in charge of all of the federal government’s henhouses — projected an image of regulatory revolution. And the administration aimed to cement that impression last month, when it boasted that Trump had eliminated “nearly 1,000” regulations during his first year in office.

But that astronomical figure raised eyebrows. And in fact-checking the White House’s audacious claim, Bloomberg discovered that Trump has made far fewer lasting changes to the federal rulebook than he has claimed (or that many of his progressive foes had feared):

Of the 469 regulatory actions the Trump administration said it had “withdrawn” this year, 42 percent were as good as dead already. Some 180 of them weren’t listed on President Barack Obama’s final agenda of upcoming rules, meaning there were no immediate plans to impose them.

In many cases, there had been no activity on them in years, records show. Another 15 had been halted under Obama before Trump took office. At least three more were listed in error or were moot because the rulemaking was continuing.
...<snip>
Now, none of this means that Trump’s impact on America’s regulatory climate hasn’t been significant. His use of the CRA to wipe out the final regulations of the Obama era was unprecedented — before Trump the law had only been deployed to kill a duly enacted federal rule once. But outside of CRA-induced repeals (which primarily affected rules that hadn’t gone into force yet), the Trump administration’s efficacy at deregulation owes less to its competence at rewriting regulations than its willful incompetence at enforcing them.
"Republicans say government doesn't work. Then they get elected, and prove it."
--PJ O'Rourke

Trump's Melania reminds me of Lord Voldemort, as played by Ralph Fiennes. (Harry Potter film.)She looks as if she could be Lord Voldemort's twin sister.

A wholesome, stolid German woman would not enhance Trump's campaign to falsely advertise a virility that did not exist. He needed someone that appeared to be exotic. Melania was new. Southern belle slut was stale. Marla Maples aged out, and the American market was flooded. Malania helped to bring in more Russia connections. New market, new campaign.

I have this odd notion that Ivana and Malania never carried babies in their wombs. Trump has endlessly advertised his taste. The women he exploits for self promotion, are not in his age range. How difficult us it, to mix samples of sperm, and use a turkey baster to impregnate a Eastern European slave, as a surrogate mother ?

Trump is a man that thinks that breast milk is disgusting, and ignored his children until they were old enough to work for him. (Except for Ivanka. Daddy exploited her sexuality in photo shoots. ewww)

All of the children could be blender babies, concocted in a lab. Did Putin contribute genetic material? Is Mal-ania Putin's bastard sister?

Mal-ania and Eric Trump seem to share a family resemblance. Mel-ania is 47, this year. Putin is 65.

As strange as the caricature pictures are, maybe Trump and Putin are gay.Putin is quiet about his sex life. Trump created a public persona that tries too hard to convince, that his erect penis points toward women.

First wife, possibly invented the rape lie, to convince the public that he was heterosexual enough to be capable of rape. Perhaps Trump's penis is completely inactive. All that false advertising. tsk tsk Better to thought of as a rapist, than a gay man with a limp penis.

This is the second time recently I've seen Melania referred to as Russian. She's Slovenian--a split off from Yugoslavia. That's not Russia nor was it ever the Soviet Union. Does someone need a map?

Looting and robbery of America 2017

affirmative.

Isis is in total admiration and envy. They had to use slavery, mass murder, and weapons, bribery, and fraud, to steal everything they have.

Trump's trolls sign a piece of paper, and steal America.

It must be very amusing, to be a Republican mogwai/ gremlin.

Are they rubbing their hands together ? Or rubbing some other body part ?

Orcs, Goblins and

Nancy Pelosi
@NancyPelosi
·
9h
A vote to pass the #GOPTaxScam is a vote to install a permanent plutocracy in America.

Nancy Pelosi
@NancyPelosi
By the end, the #GOPTaxScam will…
-Raise taxes on 86 million middle class households
-Hand 83% of the benefits to the wealthiest 1% of Americans

This will go down as one of the most scandalous, obscene acts of plutocracy ever.

Nancy Pelosi
@NancyPelosi
·
8h
Shamefully, Republicans were cheering against the children as they rob from their future and ransack the middle class to reward the rich.

Nancy Pelosi
@NancyPelosi
·
8h
There are few things more disturbing than hearing the swell of cheers from the @HouseGOP as they raise taxes on 86 million middle class families

Scrooge started back, appalled. Having them shown to him in this way, he tried to say they were fine children, but the words choked themselves, rather than be parties to a lie of such enormous magnitude.

“Spirit! are they yours?” Scrooge could say no more.

“They are Man’s,” said the Spirit, looking down upon them. “And they cling to me, appealing from their fathers. This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased. Deny it!” cried the Spirit, stretching out its hand towards the city. “Slander those who tell it ye! Admit it for your factious purposes, and make it worse. And bide the end!”

“Have they no refuge or resource?” cried Scrooge.

“Are there no prisons?” said the Spirit, turning on him for the last time with his own words. “Are there no workhouses?”

---Charles Dickens

Scrooge started back, appalled. Having them shown to him in this way, he tried to say they were fine children, but the words choked themselves, rather than be parties to a lie of such enormous magnitude.

“Spirit! are they yours?” Scrooge could say no more.

“They are Man’s,” said the Spirit, looking down upon them. “And they cling to me, appealing from their fathers. This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased. Deny it!” cried the Spirit, stretching out its hand towards the city. “Slander those who tell it ye! Admit it for your factious purposes, and make it worse. And bide the end!”

“Have they no refuge or resource?” cried Scrooge.

“Are there no prisons?” said the Spirit, turning on him for the last time with his own words. “Are there no workhouses?”

---Charles Dickens

Glad that I'm not the only one thinking of this whenever I see Republican BS in action.

Looting and robbery of America 2017

affirmative.

Isis is in total admiration and envy. They had to use slavery, mass murder, and weapons, bribery, and fraud, to steal everything they have.

Trump's trolls sign a piece of paper, and steal America.

It must be very amusing, to be a Republican mogwai/ gremlin.

Are they rubbing their hands together ? Or rubbing some other body part ?

Orcs, Goblins and

Nancy Pelosi
@NancyPelosi
·
9h
A vote to pass the #GOPTaxScam is a vote to install a permanent plutocracy in America.

Nancy Pelosi
@NancyPelosi
By the end, the #GOPTaxScam will…
-Raise taxes on 86 million middle class households
-Hand 83% of the benefits to the wealthiest 1% of Americans

This will go down as one of the most scandalous, obscene acts of plutocracy ever.

Nancy Pelosi
@NancyPelosi
·
8h
Shamefully, Republicans were cheering against the children as they rob from their future and ransack the middle class to reward the rich.

Nancy Pelosi
@NancyPelosi
·
8h
There are few things more disturbing than hearing the swell of cheers from the @HouseGOP as they raise taxes on 86 million middle class families

I've had my issues with Pelosi, but lately, she's been on the money.

Republicans are playing by their own rules, that only requires them to be charitable to their own particular alliance.

It takes many patrons, to provide a life of $2,000.00 suits and $200.00 haircuts.

These are the men that feast themselves into a stupor, while the orphans in their care die of neglect and famishment.

These are the men that have proclaimed that a woman shall die in fear and agony, in childbirth. As if it were still the world of Dickens.

If I was younger, and still had resources, I would join the protests. I would dress as Jacob Marley, and rattle chains.

Republicans are playing by their own rules, that only requires them to be charitable to their own particular alliance.

It takes many patrons, to provide a life of $2,000.00 suits and $200.00 haircuts.

These are the men that feast themselves into a stupor, while the orphans in their care die of neglect and famishment.

These are the men that have proclaimed that a woman shall die in fear and agony, in childbirth. As if it were still the world of Dickens.

If I was younger, and still had resources, I would join the protests. I would dress as Jacob Marley, and rattle chains.

They want to put us all out in workhouses and prisons for sure.

We could assume Gups know that when Dums inevitably re-take control of Congress, exactly the same horseshit will be laid upon their red butts. Revenge! This implies that Gups intend to retain control forever, i.e. impose a one-party nation, with all branches run by Gups, and Dums suppressed. Must Dums build a Solidarność movement to fight minority-Gup oppression? Will secession efforts flourish?

What message was in Mal-ania's austere, bare, spooky, threatening Christmas display ?

Foreboding, as we wait to hear if America will join Europe in the deprivation of austerity.

Spelacchio in Itlay, is causing a stir in Europe.

Rome's new Christmas tree is being ridiculed by residents of the Italian capital after it began losing its pine needles. The sickly tree has been compared to a toilet brush and is nicknamed 'Spelacchio', meaning mangy or balding. The city hall has promised to investigate why the tree was brought over from Austria in such bad shape.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/video/2017/dec/20/spelacchio-christmas-tree-rome-video

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...-this-the-saddest-christmas-tree-in-the-world

Unlike the unfortunate tree that had to be removed this week from Rhode Island's State House, poor Spelacchio has at least earned something of an international reputation, inspiring a popular hashtag, a parody Twitter account and more than a few unflattering comparisons.

There is, of course, that toilet brush we were talking about. Or perhaps Spelacchio is better described as a Shakespearean tragedy. Or Bernie, of Weekend at Bernie's fame.

But maybe the cruelest comparison is with another Christmas tree nearby, the full-bodied pine arrogantly flaunting its wellbeing from the Vatican.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...-this-the-saddest-christmas-tree-in-the-world

Mega-corporation were protected against the Wall St. Crash of 2007-2008. A corporation that has thrived for more than a thousand years, the Vatican was protected.

It was made clear, who is of the corporation, and who is not, when the Vatican had to supply lawyers and funds for victims.

You may become a client of the Vatican corporation, but you may never share in that corporations fortune. Buyer, beware.

A Polish pope in the Vatican assisted the people of Poland ?

That pope died. Popes conveniently die not long after earning the office. Always under new management. A hive of clerks and lawyers, they stay current on who owes what.

American workers need a pope on their side. The United States is about to be Russia-ized. The State is about to pit itself against the workers.

Like Russia, we have a leader that is allied with billionaires. No one believes what he has to say. Only a small minority salutes him, but they have their own agenda for doing so.

/end gsgs comment

History, and the mutation caused by disingenuousness

Solidarity changed the course of modern Poland. Its 1980 strike, and its defiance in the face of martial law being imposed in 1981, eventually lead to the corrosion of an already crumbling state. Yet, despite the union's fight, workers rights in the free Poland that ensued became a liability on the road to capitalism. There's now only one kind of Solidarity those in power consider legitimate – the anti-communist movement from 30 years ago. An active, modern Solidarity union, with members fighting for workers' rights, is considered merely a usurper's class of union, with unionists considered to be protesting merely to "gain profits for themselves", as an editorial at Gazeta Wyborcza put it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/13/poland-union-solidarity

The Resistance

Will a leader like Lech Wałęsa emerge from the Left ?

" A man is not finished when he's defeated. He's finished when he quits" - Richard M. Nixon

" A man is not finished when he's defeated. He's finished when he quits" - Richard M. Nixon
He DID quit, remember? Ran off before he could be impeached (indicted), tried, convicted, and removed. Gave up the struggle. Wimped out. Great role model, there.

That sounds like Roy Moore, who has still not conceded.
Got nothing to do with Roy Moore.

He DID quit, remember? Ran off before he could be impeached (indicted), tried, convicted, and removed. Gave up the struggle. Wimped out. Great role model, there.

I seen the quote in a store, then looked it up and found Nixon. Oh yeah, I remember all that. Nixon had a nasty habit of sabotaging himself. One of the funniest things I read about the tapes he kept was some excuse he used about being on medication when he decided to not erase or destroy them. I thought,"No doubt about it Mr. President, you were on something weird".

Though he did go on to do good deeds as an ambassador.

Though he did go on to do good deeds as an ambassador.
Nixon's exemplary skills as good-will ambassador were highlighted during his late-1950s tour of South America in an open convertible. Crowds in all nations vigorously spat upon him. His theme song was GREAT EXPECTORATIONS. Nobody shot him. Gun control was tight. Couldn't happen today, hey?

Back