What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every State has a Signature Sandwich

And I've had 15 of them in those states. How about you? Here's the list. Now tell me you're not more hungry after looking over the list than you were before you started. :devil:

I should add that I've eaten the actual sandwiches pictured from four or five of the states (note that I make my own Fluffernutters and the MA entry does not list a specific source).

Last edited:
And I've had 15 of them in those states. How about you? Here's the list. Now tell me you're not more hungry after looking over the list than you were before you started. :devil:

I should add that I've eaten the actual sandwiches pictured from four or five of the states (note that I make my own Fluffernutters and the MA entry does not list a specific source).

I got to 19 before I had to stop - gotta go make a sandwich. ;)

I've only ever had homemade variants of some of those, but I can vouch for pork tenderloin being an excellent sandwich ingredient!

I have never in my life heard of the Alabama one. And I'm kinda glad, too, because it looks gross as hell. WTF is white BBQ sauce? Ugh.

That Georgia Ghetto Burger looks awesome, though. :cool:

I went in for pre-op testing this morning. The male X-ray tech was adorably flustered in asking me to apply little stick-on metal buttons to my nipples. I told him it wasn't the worst thing they've had done to them. He blinked, blushed, and just walked into the tech booth. :D

The Yiddish thing is awesome and I'm so glad I signed up on a whim. It was just the first class, but it was already awesome. Can't wait to actually delve into the structure of the language. :)

Completing the "Did you feel the earthquake" questionaire. One of the questions is "did you lost connection to the internet". Considering that the form is completed online I think the fact that I am filling it in would be an automatic no.

I have never in my life heard of the Alabama one. And I'm kinda glad, too, because it looks gross as hell. WTF is white BBQ sauce? Ugh.

That Georgia Ghetto Burger looks awesome, though. :cool:

Many of the comments to the original posting of this list were similar. It's likely that the author used some controversial choices simply to gin up page views, though many of the commenters questioned his sanity/intelligence. So now I have to ask: in your view, what IS the iconic sandwich of Alabama? And where can I get one without travelling to your fair state?

Many of the comments to the original posting of this list were similar. It's likely that the author used some controversial choices simply to gin up page views, though many of the commenters questioned his sanity/intelligence. So now I have to ask: in your view, what IS the iconic sandwich of Alabama? And where can I get one without travelling to your fair state?

That is an excellent question. Lemme think about it and get back to you. :)

Took son (15) and daughter (12) out for dinner. Daughter chose a banana dessert.

Son: Aren't you going to finish that banana?
Daughter: No
Son(smug grin): You'll miss out on the opportunity to increase your potassium intake then
Daughter: K.....

She's still smirking :D

Last edited:

This is nifty MWY, thanks. Is it just me, or does this read like a road trip check list? :)

Yay for a good Cali French dip! I had no idea they actually originated in LA. Thumbs down on the turkey version idea though. That is simply just not how it's done. *shakes her furrowed brow in disapproval*

Last edited:

Oh fuck no! What is that monstrosity allegedly from PA? No! Just, no! Western PA would be kielbasa, eastern PA would be an honest cheesesteak. Broccoli rabe? Seriously? <sigh>

Anyway, my goodness today was that He gave me Hope.

Took son (15) and daughter (12) out for dinner. Daughter chose a banana dessert.

Son: Aren't you going to finish that banana?
Daughter: No
Son(smug grin): You'll miss out on the opportunity to increase your potassium intake then
Daughter: K.....

She's still smirking :D
And a well-deserved smirk it was. Give her a thumbs-up from one of your (anonymous) online friends.

I had a meeting this afternoon with a female nurse about patient documentation I am printing to cover vasectomy procedures.

They have decided that they need to add a Falls Risk Assessment and Management Plan because "loads of them faint afterwards. Well, they're men, aren't they?"......

Bit harsh... :D

I had a meeting this afternoon with a female nurse about patient documentation I am printing to cover vasectomy procedures.

They have decided that they need to add a Falls Risk Assessment and Management Plan because "loads of them faint afterwards. Well, they're men, aren't they?"......

Bit harsh... :D
If "*loads*" of them faint afterwards, sounds to me that they may not be permitting the patients sufficient recovery time before they're being yanked to their feet and shoved toward the door.... :p

If "*loads*" of them faint afterwards, sounds to me that they may not be permitting the patients sufficient recovery time before they're being yanked to their feet and shoved toward the door.... :p

She did seem to be a woman with a grudge! Not very reassuring if she is advancing towards you, scalpel in hand :eek:

This is nifty MWY, thanks. Is it just me, or does this read like a road trip check list? :)

Yay for a good Cali French dip! I had no idea they actually originated in LA. Thumbs down on the turkey version idea though. That is simply just not how it's done. *shakes her furrowed brow in disapproval*

Oh, it's definitely a road trip check list. I wish I'd known about the origin of the French dip when I was travelling to LA regularly about ten years ago. I'd have sidled up to that lunch counter in a heartbeat. I'm thinking that next up on my list need to be Minnesota and Delaware.

Oh fuck no! What is that monstrosity allegedly from PA? No! Just, no! Western PA would be kielbasa, eastern PA would be an honest cheesesteak. Broccoli rabe? Seriously? <sigh>

Oh, absolutely. That choice for Pennsylvania earned - and I mean EARNED - the most negative contributions to the comments. Some suggested that Primanti's would have been a better choice as an alternative to the cheese steak if, for some reason, the authors were simply trying to avoid mentioning the cheese steak or having to pick the "right" place to eat one.

Got called into work at late notice, for an important project I didn't think I'd be needed on. When I got there a colleague gave me the heads up on a job opportunity there - a step up with the extra hours I'm really needing at the moment. 5 minutes later the head of HR comes along and asks if I have a moment. We had a quick chat, and after an informal interview and a few tests on Monday the jobs mine!

If I get this, it will be the third promotion of sorts this year and I may be able to fully support my family and get off welfare sooner than expected. I really, really, really hope this works out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back