Makeup Freaks

Thanks Satin for all the great advice... Yes I got nothing from my mother.

I would say it must explain why you are so beautiful but that would be shallow :)

cheers

I don't use enough foundation to totally cover my freckles, it just lightens them a bit. I actually don't use a lot, at all, cause I hate the foundation look - if it doesn't look natural you shouldn't be wearing it.

That said, I wear foundation cause it makes me look more awake. I'm very prone to shadows under my eyes and the like when I'm sick or not feeling well, and that happens routinely. The shadows under my eyes get bad enough that I've had people seriously think I have black eyes. When I really don't feel well I have to use both foundation AND a coverup stick for my eyes. Every picture I've posted on lit I'm wearing foundation and coverup, and it looks natural. You should see me without. lol

is the coverup stick the same as your foundation or lighter?

Last edited:
I've never bothered with foundation because my husband doesn't like me wearing make-up - he says I look fine without it! However, I have sun damage and would like to start wearing foundation with an spf. The problem is, I have psoriasis on my face, hairline and neck, so I need one that won't dry out my skin. So, what foundation do I choose and also, how do you match it to your skintone?

I'm not a makeup experty by any means, but I use a tinted moisturizer. It is light enough and still evens out the skin tone. There are several on the market and they have sunscreen in them - I use one by Neutrogena - the drugstore carries it and it is inexpensive.

I'm not a makeup experty by any means, but I use a tinted moisturizer. It is light enough and still evens out the skin tone. There are several on the market and they have sunscreen in them - I use one by Neutrogena - the drugstore carries it and it is inexpensive.

Thanks! I'll have a look at that one. I don't want to go into a store and ask an assistant, because to be honest, they intimidate me! I always feel obligated to buy something, even if I don't want to :(

What does she really look like?

Funny- I know several guys who have never seen their wives- all they see is makeup!

Okay so I'm glad someone's offering advice... I have no idea what to do with my eye makeup.

I have very small, dark eyes which I am always trying to open up. My lack of good eyelashes always draws me to dark eyeliner on my lower lash line, which doesn't really work very well on me.
I also see all these tips about putting eyeliner right along the upper lash line, which doesn't do a thing for me since hardly any of my eyelid peeks out.

I attached an image of my eye to give you an idea of what I'm dealing with... Excuse the theatrical makeup, by the way. It was the best picture I could find. :p

Attachments

• eye.jpg
    eye.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 145
Okay so I'm glad someone's offering advice... I have no idea what to do with my eye makeup.

I have very small, dark eyes which I am always trying to open up. My lack of good eyelashes always draws me to dark eyeliner on my lower lash line, which doesn't really work very well on me.
I also see all these tips about putting eyeliner right along the upper lash line, which doesn't do a thing for me since hardly any of my eyelid peeks out.

I attached an image of my eye to give you an idea of what I'm dealing with... Excuse the theatrical makeup, by the way. It was the best picture I could find. :p

pretty eyes dear!

I get my eyebrows waxed- mostly because I never could get used to tweezing.
The ladies at the wax house are always trying to get me to wax more and more.
Now they are waxing my lip-- and it looks/feels good!

Okay, so, it seems you have a hooded eye lit, which is the most common type of eye lid, but also can be tricky get "just right"

Now, my photoshop skills leave much to be desired, but I think this might be a good solution.

You only need two shades of eyeshadow: a highlighter and a midtone...nothing dark

put the highlighter on your eyelid from the crease to the lash line, inner corner, and browbone (right under your eyebrows) and put the midtone on the "triangular" surface that's left. using the highlighter on your eyelid brightens your eyes and makes them appear larger

then using black eyeliner, line the outer third of your top lash line and the outer third of your
lower lash water line. this visibly lifts your eyes, defining them without darkening them.

the first attached photo is a rough diagram I photoshopped to help explain:
the pink is the highlighter, and the light cocoa color is the midtone...I've also added the eyeliner

the second photo is an example of what your eye might look like with the make up on it...yeah, it's a very rough example. if my photoshop skills were better (as in, if i had any photoshop skills), it would look more realistic.

now, one thing i couldn't do on the photos is blend the colors. you really aren't supposed to see definite color borders, lol. so, take your eyeshadow BRUSH (not spong aplicator) and sweep it across your entire lid several times. I usually dip the brush in the highlighter first tho.

hope this helps

Attachments

• eyeshadowapplication1.jpg
    eyeshadowapplication1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 122
  • eye1.jpg
    eye1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 110
For Summer, and all the wonderful people here who might need help with beauty products, cosmetics and advice, I am officially opening this thread back up to any and all questions and comments.

The Make Up Fairy is BACK! :D

For Summer, and all the wonderful people here who might need help with beauty products, cosmetics and advice, I am officially opening this thread back up to any and all questions and comments.

The Make Up Fairy is BACK! :D

DoingTheHappyDance.gif

Yay!!! I missed this thread, and particularly the thread hostess :rose:.

Woo hoo!!!!

awesome... i need some cover up recommendations. my skin has decided to break out. :-(

awesome... i need some cover up recommendations. my skin has decided to break out. :-(

Covergirl concealer stick is one of the best ones I've tried.

-or-

Try to find a green concealer for blemishes as it counteracts against the redness, then use a flesh tone concealer or foundation on top of that.

*TIP: yellow concealers are for under-eye circles because the yellow counteracts against the blueish tone. It should never be used for red blemishes.

You might also consider a mineral foundation. Regular cosmetics with mineral oil (like most regular makeup) have a possibility of making breakouts worse, or continuing the cycle of acne.

What are you using as a prevention/treatment for acne? What is your skin care routine? Your diet? I might be able to help you treat your acne more effectively.

At the top of the thread there's a bar with a button that says "thread tools"... hover over that, and click subscribe.

On topic, I don't wear any makeup whatsoever (I own concealer and lipgloss and some gold shiny eyeshadow that was on sale), but I have two questions!

1) I have dark circles under my eyes, but they're not traditional dark circles, which seem to me to be puffy. My under-eyes are, rather, dark and sunken and I believe the reason they're so dark is because they're somewhat sunken. The skin is very thin and doesn't take to my concealer... it doesn't work, you can't even tell it's there. I would ultimately like to be able to effectively disguise or at least draw attention away from the fact that I look like a perpetually fatiqued racoon. I'm worried that any eye makeup would just make it worse.

2) Is there any sort of product that sort of just fixes the way your skin looks? The liquid concealer I already use doesn't even out my skin tone, but is really only good for dabbing onto any marks, and I have wonderfully blotchy skin.

Restylane filler. It could also be fat loss. Vichy and Dermablend make good quality conclear too. (The kind they cover up scars with, but use lightly and add sparingly.)

You might also consider a mineral foundation. Regular cosmetics with mineral oil (like most regular makeup) have a possibility of making breakouts worse, or continuing the cycle of acne.

What are you using as a prevention/treatment for acne? What is your skin care routine? Your diet? I might be able to help you treat your acne more effectively.

It's a cyclical thing having to do with my period, I'll get like two annoying zits on my chin every month. I don't really do anything in regards to prevention/treatment. Skin care routine is washing my face with Cetaphil.

Since the spots are so localized I'm looking for a good concealer to use basically once a month. I don't actually use makeup really, just a tinted moisturizer when my skin gets dry.

Do you have any experience with costume makeup? My idea is basically eye makeup extended out to create a masquerade mask? What I am wondering with this concept is what type of makeup to use. When do you stop using the eye-shadows and start using face paints? Or do you just use eye-shadow for all? I also would like to know the best brands to get for high quality colors. Thanks!

Do you have any experience with costume makeup? My idea is basically eye makeup extended out to create a masquerade mask? What I am wondering with this concept is what type of makeup to use. When do you stop using the eye-shadows and start using face paints? Or do you just use eye-shadow for all? I also would like to know the best brands to get for high quality colors. Thanks!

This is my old thread, let me answer this question for you in my newer thread!

Back