Poem I wrote last year...

Andrea74

Experienced
hychckhfckhcggclgcugclccgl ogucolugclucglucglucgl tuocucgolucgugc

Last edited:
q. why do you think this is poetry?
don't misunderstand me, some of it if beautiful, some poetic. it just looks, feels and operates as prose
i am missing a next level, where is it?
as it is if this was submitted over in new poems i would have given it a 4, or 5, it would have been a bell curve score, because so much over there is crap and this is better than that
poetry must have either a level underneath, an interrelation with all the words, a structure either internal or external
i could be missing something, if so what is it?
in short to write it, you have to read it, there are some wonderful people here. they can help, but you have to make an effort also

q. why do you think this is poetry?
don't misunderstand me, some of it if beautiful, some poetic. it just looks, feels and operates as prose
i am missing a next level, where is it?
as it is if this was submitted over in new poems i would have given it a 4, or 5, it would have been a bell curve score, because so much over there is crap and this is better than that
poetry must have either a level underneath, an interrelation with all the words, a structure either internal or external
i could be missing something, if so what is it?
in short to write it, you have to read it, there are some wonderful people here. they can help, but you have to make an effort also

Apparently, some people just can't handle critique. Too bad. I didn't get the opportunity to read the poem, but I think your words to the poet, while harsh, may have been enlightening. :)

Apparently, some people just can't handle critique. Too bad. I didn't get the opportunity to read the poem, but I think your words to the poet, while harsh, may have been enlightening. :)
not that way at all, an understanding of mutual non-interest

came back, realized there is a little more to it, everything was cordial. critique was handled well on their part

it is a common conception that anyone can write poetry, so they do. unlike guitar playing where the wretchedness of the start is easily apparent, poetry always makes "sense" to the writer.

after five years of practice a guitar player can make it, and after 10 years if he don't, he can always play in bars.

after after five years of thought and practice a poet should realize he's a shithead, and after 10 either behind them or at least in one.

Back