True Liberals: Join Me and Walk Away!

This is all very interesting to read since my original post.

The main thing I have noticed is that those who want to defend the Democrat Party don't actually address any of Mr. Straka's criticisms of the Democrats. Instead, they question his motivations or suggest he's part of some Russian/Right Wing Conspiracy. The best they can come up with is: "If not the Democrats, then whom?" That's not exactly a ringing endorsement of the Democrat's policies or practices.

After reading these reactions, I agree more than ever with #WalkAway.

36759970_1875258205885173_6106710631757381632_n.jpg

Cerise, you are beautiful. Walk away from these ra tards and never look back.

They will keep voting and supporting a fatal cause.

I'm just having a bit of fun with the board narcissist and his premature ejaculation crew.

Won't be long and they will be sitting in a south Texas mens sauna wondering who is going to go for the next reach around. Ror will be calling coaches name. Lol. And who gets cleanup duty. Rds will be demanding handicap access to the fun.

You got it wrong.

No Dems I know go around calling themselves liberals.

If you know so much about American politics as you say you do, then you would know "liberal" is 99% a made up slur from the Right that has nothing to do with actual democrats.

Unlike Australia and Canada who are semi-stable, US and Europe are going through an existential crisis and are bound to attract an electorate that feels disenfranchised, emotional and angry.

Emotional people are easy to manipulate through Mao-ist emotional value-based techniques, as opposed to the ones used by Stalin. Hence the deliberate splitting from both the R and the L.
Moreover, 2/3rds of electorate are politically and economically clueless and vote for who looked good or proper or carried the best debate on TV.

My utopia is: if you want an informed, common sense thinking electorate get rid of L and R emotional right wing authoritarians like you, myself, Keith and coahDB.

I want to see Democratic wins, not neo-liberal ( aka corporatist) policies.

Sorry, this might look stupid because my knowledge in economics is poor. Q:

Most laypeople everywhere (US, EU, even Russia) are angry because they've seen income disparity worsen. For most people it's not about US versus Russia or Muslims versus Christians, it's about the Corrupt versus the poor.

I used to be a staunch anti-Corporatist/ croney until I saw that RT engaged in propaganda against US and EU corporations. Which got me wondering:

Might it be that we all need to update our parameters and realize that the world changed irreversibly since Thatcher? And that we should better suck it up and accept the new neo-feudalistic world order, as unfair as it is? And realize that any attempt to turn back the clock and disempower US or EU corporations,
cold actually empower the Chinese and Russian ones.

Random disjointed response that has nothing to do with my post.

You're like a bot just picking up phrases here and there with no real thought or understanding.

Unlike Australia and Canada who are semi-stable, US and Europe are going through an existential crisis and are bound to attract an electorate that feels disenfranchised, emotional and angry.

Emotional people are easy to manipulate through Mao-ist emotional value-based techniques, as opposed to the ones used by Stalin. Hence the deliberate splitting from both the R and the L.
Moreover, 2/3rds of electorate are politically and economically clueless and vote for who looked good or proper or carried the best debate on TV.

My utopia is: if you want an informed, common sense thinking electorate get rid of L and R emotional right wing authoritarians like you, myself, Keith and coahDB.

This is all very interesting to read since my original post.

The main thing I have noticed is that those who want to defend the Democrat Party don't actually address any of Mr. Straka's criticisms of the Democrats. Instead, they question his motivations or suggest he's part of some Russian/Right Wing Conspiracy.

That's a great point. I was so focused on KeithD's paranoid conspiracy theories and manifest homophobia (both of which he again displays here), I missed the fact that these are just deflections from the fact that he has no answer to Mr. Straka's original YouTube video.

Now I want to know, Cerise: Are you a Russian, or do you work for Fox News?

:D

Really?

Seriously, that is about the most homophobic attitude I've seen in a while!

How could a gay man actually think for himself and choose a path other than the stereotype you have for him?!

Thus, to your bigoted mind, it could only be a Russian plot!

:mad:

In case you don’t know, he is bi, and under his srplt71 account publishes almost exclusively in gay male. He’s the last guy who’s going to go homophobe on anyone.

Keep an open mind and don’t get locked in to confirmation bias.

You're like a bot just picking up phrases here and there with no real thought or understanding.

True in a sense. I like reading philosophy but my understanding of history and economics are O so it sometimes looks blah blah and grotesque.
You and Pilot are my recent case studies. :D You're just like me, ideologues who get hyped up easily, but without the malice or ill-intent that one often sees on the GB.

True in a sense. I like reading philosophy but my understanding of history and economics are O so it sometimes looks blah blah and grotesque.
You and Pilot are my recent case studies.:D
You're just like me, ideologues who get hyped up easily, but without the malice or ill-intent that one often sees on the GB.

In case you don’t know, he is bi, and under his srplt71 account publishes almost exclusively in gay male. He’s the last guy who’s going to go homophobe on anyone.

Keep an open mind and don’t get locked in to confirmation bias.

Thank you for this insight. It seems to me, however, that this makes KeithD's attitude all the worse. As a gay-leaning man, he apparently expects all other gay men to have the same political beliefs as he has. If they don't, they are considered part of some sort of subversive conspiracy. I'll grant you that is not homophobic. It's fascist.

Thank you for this insight. It seems to me, however, that this makes KeithD's attitude all the worse. As a gay-leaning man, he apparently expects all other gay men to have the same political beliefs as he has. If they don't, they are considered part of some sort of subversive conspiracy. I'll grant you that is not homophobic. It's fascist.

He and have I agreed and disagreed over the years, but I have never witnessed what you say to be even remotely true. How come you’re so stuck on gay?

Last edited:
I'm basing my opinion on his posts, that is, his own words and the attitudes they express.

Whatever your biases are are leading to you seriously misreading things.

Why do you take that video at face value in the first place?

Why do you take that video at face value in the first place?

Occam's razor, to begin with.

I know a number of people from the demographics that the Democrats could traditionally take for granted who have reached the same conclusions as Mr. Straka. Some have gone to other left leaning parties, some have started voting Republican, a few have just given up on the two parties and stopped voting.

Occam's razor, to begin with.

I know a number of people from the demographics that the Democrats could traditionally take for granted who have reached the same conclusions as Mr. Straka. Some have gone to other left leaning parties, some have started voting Republican, a few have just given up on the two parties and stopped voting.

The Russian congratulate and are appreciative of you and your friends.

The Russian congratulate and are appreciative of you and your friends.

Yep. As Judge Judy would say, beauty is fleeting, but gullibility is forever. It's not like this sort of Russian activity hasn't been exposed for everyone but Trumpettes to see and figure out.

I've done more looking into this movement. I can't see anything that doesn't identify it as the same Russian/Republican shit that was done to dupe Americans in the last election. At the base it doesn't pass the sniff test of being a rational response of any liberals dissatisfied with what they're getting in the Democratic Party. Nice touch to use a gay angle, though, as it obviously has duped additional folks--pigheaded folks, as is apparent from this thread. The Daily Beast located this video face on stage in New York, wearing a Trump armband and singing pro-Trump songs in October of 2017. I've invited citation of claims countering this and no one has posted anything claiming the contrary.

The strong possibility of Russia being the source of this isn't conspiracy theory--it's following up the judgment of the U.S. intelligence community and the Senate Intelligence Committee findings on what has happened and will continue to happen until certain parties wake up and do something about it. As long as the activity is in the Republicans' and Trump's favor, the "just pretend" disclaimers will continue. And gullible people will continue to be duped.

Last edited:
Yep. As Judge Judy would say, beauty is fleeting, but gullibility is forever. It's not like this sort of Russian activity hasn't been exposed for everyone but Trumpettes to see and figure out.

I've done more looking into this movement. I can't see anything that doesn't identify it as the same Russian/Republican shit that was done to dupe Americans in the last election. At the base it doesn't pass the sniff test of being a rational response of any liberals dissatisfied with what they're getting in the Democratic Party. Nice touch to use a gay angle, though, as it obviously has duped additional folks--pigheaded folks, as is apparent from this thread. The Daily Beast located this video face on stage in New York, wearing a Trump armband and singing pro-Trump songs in October of 2017. I've invited citation of claims countering this and no one has posted anything claiming the contrary.

The strong possibility of Russia being the source of this isn't conspiracy theory--it's following up the judgment of the U.S. intelligence community and the Senate Intelligence Committee findings on what has happened and will continue to happen until certain parties wake up and do something about it. As long as the activity is in the Republicans' and Trump's favor, the "just pretend" disclaimers will continue. And gullible people will continue to be duped.

EJs attack on you seems to be personal. Is she an ex or something?

EJs attack on you seems to be personal. Is she an ex or something?

Not from my end. I don't think I've ever posted to a thread she was posting to, even under my other account, sr71plt.

I can tell you that I was really blindsided by her bringing the gay issue in here--and getting it SO wrong--and then being pigheaded about it and insisting on responding to something I didn't post, even when others pointed out how off base she is. Well, fuck er.

Not from my end. I don't think I've ever posted to a thread she was posting to, even under my other account, sr71plt.

I can tell you that I was really blindsided by her bringing the gay issue in here--and getting it SO wrong--and then being pigheaded about it and insisting on responding to something I didn't post, even when others pointed out how off base she is. Well, fuck er.

I'm sure that what you said is true but it is a very strange attack causing me to wonder the basis. She is another intellectually dishonest person with a political agenda.

I'm sure that what you said is true but it is a very strange attack causing me to wonder the basis. She is another intellectually dishonest person with a political agenda.

I looked at former posting of both her and the OP and decided they were just gullible on this movement and the video, not trolling Trumpettes. I think she just doesn't apologize or backtrack on her miscalls. Anyway, my thanks to the posters who tried to pull her back from her cliff plunge.

This is both nuts and funny - the way people see Russians under every bed, ever since they were shown to have interfered in elections.

To me the campaign starter seems to be either a Republican, or to have been been asked by Republicans to engage in propaganda (like a poster mentioned: yes, "Walk away" but where? Towards Republicans by default, given the bipartite system).
And particularly the Black people who posted videos seemed genuine to me. Why would They be Russian bots?

Not defending Russians - I'm sure that Russian bots latched onto it and tried to boost this campaign via twitter bots.
But they seem to operate by hyping up things or increasing the splitting.
The splitting is already there, half of you guys who discuss politics can't seem to be able to have a decent conversation without hating on each other. Russians just add more fuel to the fire.

There isn't much difference from something like this being instigated by the Republicans and the Russians (and even the NRA, for that matter) in the last two years. Multiple lines of both official and press enquiry are lining them up, and if you don't see it, it's because you don't want to (and I don't care what you choose to pretend).

Back