Giving Up

I have contacted several VE's and no one has responded, guess I will just finish writing the story then filing it away. Have a good day everyone.

I have contacted several VE's and no one has responded, guess I will just finish writing the story then filing it away. Have a good day everyone.

It might help if you had your messaging system on. Here's the directions:

* To switch on your Private Messages, go to User CP (top left of this page), click on Edit Options (in the left hand column), and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the box titled Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators is NOT ticked. Finally, click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.

It might help if you had your messaging system on. Here's the directions:

* To switch on your Private Messages, go to User CP (top left of this page), click on Edit Options (in the left hand column), and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the box titled Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators is NOT ticked. Finally, click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.

Thanks for the information, but why would I have to change stuff here to get a response from the VE on the site where I pm'd the individuals?

Thanks for the information, but why would I have to change stuff here to get a response from the VE on the site where I pm'd the individuals?

Mainly because the VE programme doesn't work. It relies on individuals keeping their profile up to date and it appears a good number are no longer active.

Posting here is the best option as long as you include the number of words and the categories it will fall under as a minimum requirement. Still no guarantees though that someone will take it on.

Mainly because the VE programme doesn't work. It relies on individuals keeping their profile up to date and it appears a good number are no longer active.

Posting here is the best option as long as you include the number of words and the categories it will fall under as a minimum requirement. Still no guarantees though that someone will take it on.

Thanks unfortunately it is not done yet and it is over 10,000 words and could be in 3 different categories.

Unless I missed it, you did not mention what category you story falls into.

Back