Heartiest Congrats , Mer !!!

Ashesh9

Literotica Guru
Legerdemer has won both the Best Erotic Poetry as well as the Best Non-erotic Poetry Crown for 2016!!!!
Lets hear it for her !!!!!!!

Legerdemer has won both the Best Erotic Poetry as well as the Best Non-erotic Poetry Crown for 2016!!!!
Lets hear it for her !!!!!!!
Yes, Mer won in both categories, and both awards are well deserved.

Gadfly and poet AlwaysHungry also won in one of the story categories, so the PF&D is, like, well represented among the winners.

They both rock. Mer, charmingly (though erotically) so, and AH, with a step onto the effects pedal, like Jimmy Page bringing the chords home to roost.

I'd say I'd kiss you both, but--well--while I'd be happy to cush and noodle with Mer, I think my AH experience would be better spent having him teach me how to play Purple Haze on my Mexican-assembled Strat.

Anyway, congrats both. :)

Thanks, Tzara and Ash!

I think the win has more to do simply with posting - you know, "you gotta play to win" kind of thing. But I know you folks from the PF&D helped support me - thank you. I really appreciate it. Folks here also helped me improve both those poems.

:kiss::rose::kiss:

And Ash, looks like one of your illustrated poems tied! Congrats to you as well.

Last edited:
Thanks, Tzara and Ash!

I think the win has more to do simply with posting - you know, "you gotta play to win" kind of thing. But I know you folks from the PF&D helped support me - thank you. I really appreciate it. Folks here also helped me improve both those poems.

And Ash, looks like one of your illustrated poems tied! Congrats to you as well.

Congratulations all around.

Very well done Mer but not to detract from your win, who are the other poets in the poll and how did they get there? Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can explain the ins and outs of actually getting on the list.

My (imperfect) understanding is that there are two rather different ways to be in the running. In the case of the awards like Most Inflential Poet, Author, etc., you have to be nominated by people who come to a thread where folks propose nominees (see: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1406122). Those threads are open for a couple of months, and anyone can nominate - that's how you (Annie), I, and Yogakay got nominated, and the nominations are open - you can see who proposed which name.

The second way is sort of "automated" and has to do with a running monthly "contest" called the Category Nominees, for example:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1324088

In this one, I believe the site tallies which story or poem got the most reads (?) in each category in any given month. Those stories and poems automatically are entered in the summer, and the top 4 or 5 of the 12 are the nominees for the contest whose results you're seeing. Then, people vote among these 4-5 contestants. So I guess a number of people read (and maybe voted for? they don't have many votes at all) these two of of my poems during 2016 and they got on the list (in other words, you have to post poems on the story side of the site). I happen to know this from last year, when one of my stories made the monthly cut, so to speak, and ended up winning.

It's strange- the protocols are pretty obtuse and hard to piece together, and not obvious anywhere. Angeline may have a different and clearer picture as a more experienced moderator.

That's all I know.

Last edited:
First off, congrats (again :) ) to Mer and AH and all the winners and nominees. Nothing makes me happier about these awards than wins and nominations for PoBo denizens.

As I think most of you know, forum moderators have nothing to do with the submissions/approval process and therefore I really don't know how category nominees are selected. I have always assumed it's some algorithm of reads and scores.

And I apologize for not being around more of late. I do check in a few times a day to make sure everything is copasetic, but that's the best I can manage for now. :rose:

Thanks, Tzara and Ash!

Spin that wheel mer. I just heard, congrats all...

Last edited:
My (imperfect) understanding is that there are two rather different ways to be in the running. In the case of the awards like Most Inflential Poet, Author, etc., you have to be nominated by people who come to a thread where folks propose nominees (see: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1406122). Those threads are open for a couple of months, and anyone can nominate - that's how you (Annie), I, and Yogakay got nominated, and the nominations are open - you can see who proposed which name.

The second way is sort of "automated" and has to do with a running monthly "contest" called the Category Nominees, for example:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1324088

In this one, I believe the site tallies which story or poem got the most reads (?) in each category in any given month. Those stories and poems automatically are entered in the summer, and the top 4 or 5 of the 12 are the nominees for the contest whose results you're seeing. Then, people vote among these 4-5 contestants. So I guess a number of people read (and maybe voted for? they don't have many votes at all) these two of of my poems during 2016 and they got on the list (in other words, you have to post poems on the story side of the site). I happen to know this from last year, when one of my stories made the monthly cut, so to speak, and ended up winning.

It's strange- the protocols are pretty obtuse and hard to piece together, and not obvious anywhere. Angeline may have a different and clearer picture as a more experienced moderator.

That's all I know.

'post poems on the story side of the site'? Where?

To you all...

is

Sorry for being thick, so if you have to post your poems on the story side of the forum to stand any chance, it's not for the poetry part of the forum at all unless you go over there and peddle your wares? Who knew? ! :eek:

Very well done Mer but not to detract from your win, who are the other poets in the poll and how did they get there? Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can explain the ins and outs of actually getting on the list.
You're on my list :)

Belated Congrats to mer for her double win and AH for his winning story.

'post poems on the story side of the site'? Where?
I think she means the poems have to be "officially" posted to Literotica--submitted to New Poems, in other words. Poems posted here in the forum do not count.

Which makes sense, as they are not part of the Literotica archive as such and not subject to voting, etc.
Sorry for being thick, so if you have to post your poems on the story side of the forum to stand any chance, it's not for the poetry part of the forum at all unless you go over there and peddle your wares? Who knew? ! :eek:
As I said above, I think it simply means that for poems to be considered, they have to be posted into the Literotica archive. Once they are posted there, it seems to be a matter of voting that gets them nominated/eligible for the awards.

That seems quite reasonable to me, but others may differ in their opinion.

Belated congrats, also, to Ashesh, whose co-win in Illustrated poetry I neglected to mention, and to oggbashan, who won for humor/satire.

I think she means the poems have to be "officially" posted to Literotica--submitted to New Poems, in other words. Poems posted here in the forum do not count.

Which makes sense, as they are not part of the Literotica archive as such and not subject to voting, etc.
As I said above, I think it simply means that for poems to be considered, they have to be posted into the Literotica archive. Once they are posted there, it seems to be a matter of voting that gets them nominated/eligible for the awards.

Belated congrats, also, to Ashesh, whose co-win in Illustrated poetry I neglected to mention, and to oggbashan, who won for humor/satire.

sorry, didn't see those! more 'grats in order, then, guys :rose::rose:

Thank you , everybody who congratulated me: it's more the System's or Lauren's victory!!

sorry, didn't see those! more 'grats in order, then, guys :rose::rose:

Same here.

Yes, Mer won in both categories, and both awards are well deserved.

Gadfly and poet AlwaysHungry also won in one of the story categories, so the PF&D is, like, well represented among the winners.

They both rock. Mer, charmingly (though erotically) so, and AH, with a step onto the effects pedal, like Jimmy Page bringing the chords home to roost.

I'd say I'd kiss you both, but--well--while I'd be happy to cush and noodle with Mer, I think my AH experience would be better spent having him teach me how to play Purple Haze on my Mexican-assembled Strat.

Anyway, congrats both. :)
Thanks to everyone, and special thanks to Tzara for that unusually metaphorical congratulatory note. I will confess, however, that Jimmy Page is not a role model for me. My go-to guy for effects pedals is this guy (best.hendrix.cover.ever).

Lauren has explained the scoring for Readers' choice awards thus : all the stories and poems posted in the month previous is tallied for votes and Monthly Readers' choice winners are anniunced in the Awards forum . At the end of the year the votes are tallied for highest votes and nominees are thus selected for Yearly Readers' Choice awards. Readers get to vote on the Nominated stories and Poems and on basis of such votes the Yearly Winners are tabulated/ elected/ selected/ whatever .
Crystal???

Back