What do you think about Baby, It's Cold Outside?

And yet the song is still available, still listened to, still played. If it's being censored, someone is doing a lousy job. You may be stretching the definition of censorship to fit here. What other term would be more appropriate?

I think I have a term that would be more appropriate. People aren't "censoring" it yet... they're just being TOO POLITICALLY CORRECT.

There's your answer.

BTW, since we're all listening to creepy songs, here's a funny one! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3xpS9oJiMQ

a note to Mr. Ripley

Sorry to barge in again, this time on your discussion with Chris Michael. The position you took reminds me a lot of the final words of Dietrich Bonnhoefer, an opponent of Nazi thinking during WW2, just before the Nazis beheaded him. They went about like this:

First they came for the communists, but I said nothing, because I was not a communist.
Next they came for the trade unionists, but I said nothing, because I was not a member of any union.
Then the Catholics came next, and again I did not speak up, because I was a Protestant.

And finally they came for me to get me also, but at that time nobody was left to speak up for me.

Have you ever thought about that?

I don't give a fuck about it , I just know I love Dean Martin singing it.

If people are getting all fussed about this, I can only imagine what they think about some of the other 40s songs.

Or some of the Beatles songs, like 'Run For Your Life'.

If people are getting all fussed about this, I can only imagine what they think about some of the other 40s songs.

I agree completely on "Run for Your Life"; that is a song that really does get to me. It's not even a good song, and the lyrics are appalling.

On the other hand, "Baby, It's Cold Outside" doesn't really bother me. While I consider myself a feminist and understand very well (too well, perhaps) the kinds of situations which have driven the "me too" movement, there is still room for flirting; plus, in the era that the song was written (and which it still evokes), flirty banter was much more acceptable than overt consensual sex.

I don't ever remember hearing the song very much at all until this year, and my local radio stations (in a city generally considered quite liberal) are still playing it.

If you listen to the words closely, you realize the woman is in control of the situation. She's playing hard-to-get.

The only women who don't understand that have listened to the hype rather than the lyrics, or are the bitter type who have had no success with men.

Oh yes, that one is much more disquieting...and how about Jimi Hendrix singing “Hey Joe” ? He’s looking for his girlfriend (wife?) so he can shoot and kill her!
There are plenty on that theme to go around:(

IMHO the dilemma all is about "choices". If you don't like it or it offends you, choose not to listen to it, change the channel, don't download it or go find another song you like. I won't question or challenge your choice. It's YOUR choice

So why do you choose to deny me of my choice to listen.? Free Will.

Probably the stupidest of many stupid attempts to find offensive in everything.

It's not about the song, it's about a minority of people tying to force their will on everyone. The funny thing is that these people claim the other side are Nazi's when they are following the script of every totalitarian movement in history including the Nazi's, Maoist and communists.

Probably the stupidest of many stupid attempts to find offensive in everything.

It's not about the song, it's about a minority of people tying to force their will on everyone. The funny thing is that these people claim the other side are Nazi's when they are following the script of every totalitarian movement in history including the Nazi's, Maoist and communists.

Usually a woman doesn’t speak her true mind without checking with a "male figure" first. Don't those same hypocrites claim that as well? But before I get blasted for being political. I'll do what I always do. I'll say it. They'll call me some horrible names to shame me. Then I'll delete it knowing their furious anger made me laugh hysterically. 😂😂😂😂.

some people are the minority, but they speak so long they feel like they speak for everybody.

You can't even walk by a woman anymore and look at her without it being possible sexual harassment.

You can't even walk by a woman anymore and look at her without it being possible sexual harassment.

And then women turn around and complain because they want an aggressive man. Dudes like me are just sitting here shaking our heads thinking, "Nope, not worth the divorce and all the money I'm probably going to end up losing in the long-run."

So, stay single.... stay divorce free... stay out of prison.... stay away from baby traps.

But men have it sooooooooooooooo great in society. :rolleyes:

And then women turn around and complain because they want an aggressive man. Dudes like me are just sitting here shaking our heads thinking, "Nope, not worth the divorce and all the money I'm probably going to end up losing in the long-run."

So, stay single.... stay divorce free... stay out of prison.... stay away from baby traps.

But men have it sooooooooooooooo great in society. :rolleyes:

The other day I was walking into the mall when an elderly couple was walking in at the same time. I opened the door for both of them Who both smiled. Following them closely were two younger 20ishers, so I continued to hold the door. I was told by one girl "close the door please we don't need your help" to which her friend said "he's only holding the door geez" I walked in before them both and said "MERRY CHRISTMAS"

Last edited:
The other day I was walking into the mall when an elderly couple was walking in at the same time. I opened the door for both of them then to who smiled. Following them closely were two younger 20ishers, so I continued to hold the door. I was told by one girl "close the door please we don't need your help" to which her friend said "he's only holding the door geez" I walked in before them both and said "MERRY CHRISTMAS"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE00GPubXAc

Back