In a Sunburned Country Story Event: Official Support Thread

Entered in the Novels and Novellas as it adds up to about 84k, I got carried away. It's a road trek from coast to coast along the Stuart Highway, SA to NT, with a truculent truckie and a topless redhead.

Laurel is going to track it down and add it to the event page.

It'll likely be some time tomorrow morning. Which is just as well coz I submitted mine at 23:59 hours to the second and is that close to the witching hour or what.

I think there'll be about 30 stories there.
Thanks for organising this, Chloe. It was fun writing for it, and also reading the other entries - and, 31 of them - not to be sniffed at, that.
Sara

Great collection

Me too. Working my way through and enjoying these insights into Australia.

That's 9 read so far and more than half are 5*. Mind you, this is playing havoc with my NaNo efforts, I’ve dipped below 2000 a day average and I know I have some busy days coming up, but these stories are just too good to ignore!

Read 2 stories so far and loved them. Can't wait to work my way through a few more.

And over half are worth 5* in my book, and a quarter approx 4*, so a really high quality event. Chloë you deserve a round of applause.

Oh thank you and well done on 15. I’ve finished half a dozen and I want to read them all before I go back and say thanks in the comments

Oh thank you and well done on 15. I’ve finished half a dozen and I want to read them all before I go back and say thanks in the comments

Thanks for arranging the contest Chloe. I'm really happy with how well my lesbian story 'My Gay Friend's Hot Mum' has gone.

Panel vans

I believe Chloe had a panel van in her story?
I came across this video from the ABC RetroFocus, where they dig up old stories from the archives. This one on panel van culture in the 1970s. Good ole shaggin wagons! Enjoy :)
https://youtu.be/XiEhle5Lifs

I believe Chloe had a panel van in her story?
I came across this video from the ABC RetroFocus, where they dig up old stories from the archives. This one on panel van culture in the 1970s. Good ole shaggin wagons! Enjoy :)
https://youtu.be/XiEhle5Lifs

The iconic Auusie Shaggin' Wagon - the Holden Sandman. I've been told there are many many stories to go with these wagon's.... :D

TheVansThatRocked_1024x1024.jpg

The iconic Auusie Shaggin' Wagon - the Holden Sandman. I've been told there are many many stories to go with these wagon's.... :D

My only experiences in panel vans involved riding in the back with several other teens, while the slightly older driver does hand-brakies (hand brake turns) around hair-pin bends. I look back and think it one of the most stupid things I’ve done.

I can say that utes, on the other hand, are very uncomfortable places for amorous adventures if there is no mattress… lol

My only experiences in panel vans involved riding in the back with several other teens, while the slightly older driver does hand-brakies (hand brake turns) around hair-pin bends. I look back and think it one of the most stupid things I’ve done.l
I've heard it said that popular entertainment at Bachelor and Spinsters Balls was to take the bonnet off the ute, tie it with fifty or so foot of rope to the tow bar, and go paddock surfing.

I've heard it said that popular entertainment at Bachelor and Spinsters Balls was to take the bonnet off the ute, tie it with fifty or so foot of rope to the tow bar, and go paddock surfing.

We used to do truck surfing, where you stand on the roof of the truck while driving down the road. Pray the guy driving doesn’t brake too hard.

We used to do truck surfing, where you stand on the roof of the truck while driving down the road. Pray the guy driving doesn’t brake too hard.

We used to do the same thing on the flat beds of the big five-ton farm trucks at the summer camp where I worked. If the driver braked too hard, we all ended up squashed in a pile against the back of the cab. We prayed the driver didn't accelerate too hard and send us all rolling out the back onto the gravel road.

Good times, back when I was young and immortal. :D

That is just about the most hideous thing I've ever seen. How fucking big does the Combi have to be to squash that little lot? Some things are just... wrong.

Not the python, though. It's not his fault he's surrounded by inedible perverts :-(

Back