Writing Goal for the Day?

Change in plans -- instead of me going, the hub took the kids out. Let's see if it helps.

Goals for the day:
  • make dough for bagels, pizza, and bread
  • keep toddler from eating too much rabbit poop
  • watch an episode of Circus, which I'm kind of obsessed with
  • finish all the housework I put off in husband's absence
Wait, what was that? Oh, this thread is about writing goals? Um… then my goal is to make progress of some sort. Yeah, that's it. Progress. On something. Anything.

Maybe I'll have some sort of plot epiphany while baking.

Done! I swatted each and every poop out of her grubby little paws, and though I may have messed up the pizza dough (stupid, stupid Tatyana), it's done and in the fridge. I even had a plot epiphany while kneading! Time to write it down, and I'll have made progress. :)

Hmmm... maybe I'll make some gelato to have for dessert tomorrow. Orange blossom water, I think. There should be some yummy inspiration in that.

Rainy night in, and loving every second of it. I had a complete spell wash over me when I was cleaning the salmon earlier and figured out the direction of my current working project and outlined (on a paper towel) a follow up/spin off story to the one currently posted. Where do these bursts come from?

So now comes the fun part....or not so fun part. Writing..on a Saturday night. oye.

Well got some writing done this afternoon. Tomorrow's not looking so good. Rain in the forecast and hub will have to work. Sigh.

I'm going to write a smutty blurt tonight. Even if it kills me.

Today I want to finish my Holly story, write my weekly column, make sure my college paperwork is all ready for the beginning of the semester, and maybe put at least some new words down on the book.

Oh yeah, clean the house, get dog food, clean/replace the kitty litter and probably a bunch of other chores I'm not thinking of right now. Sheesh....

Well I just did a final edit on someone's summer lovin' story. That's something, I guess. I'll see if I can sneak in some writing this afternoon, but first lunch, and of course the kiddies want to play. Really wish the hub didn't have to work this weekend, but his company seems not to make the best use of their resources a lot of times...

Mr. Tatyana is home, with gifts for me and the kidlet and an amusing story of being asked by a bunch of older, very proper British and German engineers to explain what "santorum" means. :eek:

Man, I would have paid good money to see that exchange. :devil:

He's entertaining the kidlet after lunch and I'm going to the library. I owe my advisor some research, but as a form or productive procrastination I'll probably write a bit more of my summer lovin' story.

Been trying to write for the last few days but it's just not working.

I hate it when my muse is broken. /ohsigh/

Mr. Tatyana is home, with gifts for me and the kidlet and an amusing story of being asked by a bunch of older, very proper British and German engineers to explain what "santorum" means. :eek:

Man, I would have paid good money to see that exchange. :devil:

He's entertaining the kidlet after lunch and I'm going to the library. I owe my advisor some research, but as a form or productive procrastination I'll probably write a bit more of my summer lovin' story.

OMG - did Mr T stick with the "political" definition? Seems like that'd be safest. Egads. I don't think there's a polite way of describing the other definition.

Good luck with both research and writing.

OMG - did Mr T stick with the "political" definition? Seems like that'd be safest. Egads. I don't think there's a polite way of describing the other definition.

That was actually the problem. One of the Germans had read about Rick Santorum's "google problem," and assumed he had a hard time using google, lol. The German brought it up with the older American, who knew the name Santorum had some other meaning, but he didn't know what it was. As a group, they decided to ask Mr. T.

Ha!

Good luck with both research and writing.

And to you, GT and litfan.

That was actually the problem. One of the Germans had read about Rick Santorum's "google problem," and assumed he had a hard time using google, lol. The German brought it up with the older American, who knew the name Santorum had some other meaning, but he didn't know what it was. As a group, they decided to ask Mr. T.

Ha!

Now see, this could cause serious international problems. I mean, if he does answer, won't they wonder how he came to know something like that? ;)

So... what did he tell them?

Now see, this could cause serious international problems. I mean, if he does answer, won't they wonder how he came to know something like that? ;)

So... what did he tell them?

Ha, no international problems. He's in a pretty specialized field and they all know each other pretty well; they see each other two-three times a year, email constantly, etc.

He told them what it was. Seeing as most are older than his father, and reportedly blushed and stuttered, it would have been a classic scene to see.

Ha, no international problems. He's in a pretty specialized field and they all know each other pretty well; they see each other two-three times a year, email constantly, etc.

He told them what it was. Seeing as most are older than his father, and reportedly blushed and stuttered, it would have been a classic scene to see.

Hahahha. I probably would have suggested they look it up themselves, with a warning that it was a graphic sexual term. Hahaha. Yes, that would have been fun to see. Poor guys will probably have nightmares. On the other hand, Dan Savage would probably love that the meaning has now been exported to Europe.

My goal for today was to actually get some writing done... it's not looking good. It's too damn hot and I'm too damn tired. My kingdom for air conditioning... oh wait... I don't have a kingdom.

Are you saying I'm nightmare material, PL?

Humph. And to think, you called me a hussy just the other day. Oh, how my stock has fallen.

Oh, come on, mon amie. You're purposely taking that wrong, and you know it. Why do you do that to all the things I write? ;)

I missed my goal today. I was going to write up a script for a new segment of Kick the Sun, but I didn't get around to it :(

Oh, come on, mon amie. You're purposely taking that wrong, and you know it. Why do you do that to all the things I write? ;)

It's those fluffy little ears on your tiger AV. They just beg for my contrarian nature to come out and ruffle your feathers, er, fur. :)

And boo, autoplot and Thee. Sorry things haven't worked out.

It's those fluffy little ears on your tiger AV. They just beg for my contrarian nature to come out and ruffle your feathers, er, fur. :)

And boo, autoplot and Thee. Sorry things haven't worked out.

Ha. I forget I have that, as I keep AVs and sigs off -- kids, you know.

Yeah, sorry guys. Although I'm right there with you. Nothing written yet today, although I did some editing for someone. Maybe after the small one is in bed, which will be soon. I have to go write more on the hockey story so that Tatyana can feel sorry for my bad guys and berate my protagonists. :devil:

hahahahaha

Sigh. 10,000 words into a story told from one POV only to realize that the story will be much, much better if told from two POVs. So now I have to go back and change a bunch.

Oh well. Hopefully it will remove some of the plot gymnastics I have going on...

I have to go write more on the hockey story so that Tatyana can feel sorry for my bad guys and berate my protagonists. :devil:

Who says I need to wait for a hockey story for to harass you about this? Kidding, kidding.

Sigh. 10,000 words into a story told from one POV only to realize that the story will be much, much better if told from two POVs. So now I have to go back and change a bunch.

Oh well. Hopefully it will remove some of the plot gymnastics I have going on...

At least it's just changing. Hope it's not too dramatic. But I've done that -- gotten way into something and realized that it should be from someone else's POV, or broken up more, or what have you.

Who says I need to wait for a hockey story for to harass you about this? Kidding, kidding.

Oh, well, I'm sure you don't, but that's just the only other one I've got going right now. ;) Although at least you didn't feel sorry for Jason -- did you?

Hey all! Thank you Tatyana for the well wishes.

Hope everyone had a great Sunday. Well I did finish and send off my column (I'm sure my editor will be shocked that I'm a whole day early for once!) Completed my syllabus and I did some work on Holly but didn't finish it. Novel? err...what novel?!?! :rolleyes:

I did laundry, went shopping for pet food and cleaned my bathroom so not a total loss by any means!

Good luck to everyone else!

Hmmm... very tired and arms and back are fatigued/sore. Not looking like much will happen here... but perhaps I'll type up this outline I have for a story just so if the paper gets all torn up I still have it.

Back