A Poet Walks Into a Bar . . .

i suppose the bar isn't really the right place for a hot tub . . . and you can't see the stars. hmmn. shame, that. then again, the sort of stuff i'd wear here would feel very odd in the water.

horses for courses, and i rather fancy a tomato juice right now. :cattail:

i suppose the bar isn't really the right place for a hot tub . . . and you can't see the stars. hmmn. shame, that. then again, the sort of stuff i'd wear here would feel very odd in the water.

horses for courses, and i rather fancy a tomato juice right now. :cattail:
I haven't been in a hot tub in forever. Usually I go down to the bend in the river, sans apparel. And I imagine the stars would be in my eyes if you were there.
Extra Virgin Mary

Collins glass, near full (tomato concentrate, the same as Cracker Barrel uses)
garnish w/celery stalk
Salt, black pepper, Tabasco and Lea & Perrins on the side
Salty nuts for nibbles

Last edited:
I haven't been in a hot tub in forever. Usually I go down to the bend in the river, sans apparel. And I imagine the stars would be in my eyes if you were there.
Extra Virgin Mary

Collins glass, near full (tomato concentrate, the same as Cracker Barrel uses)
garnish w/celery stalk
Salt, black pepper, Tabasco and Lea & Perrins on the side
Salty nuts for nibbles

not something i'd do every night, but with it being so hot even though it was dark, and just leaning back getting lost in space - it was the best!

oh you do, do you? a bit of skinny dippin' in the river . . . now where would i find this river, hmmn? :cool: stars? you old sweet-talker. you angling for a bigger tip, mr baretender?

evm - *snort* yeah, it's been a while. maybe you can rustle up a BAV? (born again virgin)

luvverly. ty :kiss:

Annie did you see my comment on the one story in your vault?

just been to find out .......... dirty boy lol Do you mean for real or on Lit? You better ask it in the appropriate place but if you mean for real I'm not sure you will get an answer!!

i could use something long and cool right about now

something to take me to italy and cypress trees, lingering, warm evenings....

meh, make it a black martini for me, please - blavod with blackberry brandy style, ta x

i could use something long and cool right about now

something to take me to italy and cypress trees, lingering, warm evenings....

meh, make it a black martini for me, please - blavod with blackberry brandy style, ta x

Ah, too bad, I was about to make you a limoncello and soda with a twist. Maybe next time.;)

no joy to find one fraught and frayed
clothes of soul sure thin and worn
words wasted all so none were saved
few left those that still would mourn

Drinking melancholy in a bar,
cheap high, pour another
toast to lovers, lost anchors,
missing beer brothers,
burned in the flames of a war,
fought between the ears.
I'm buying, cocktail?

Last edited:
I've got a layered drink for you. haven't typed it up but it's on paper. Glass of wine while you wait? Elderberry, alcohol content is pretty high, I'm cutting mine w/apple juice.

I've got a layered drink for you. haven't typed it up but it's on paper. Glass of wine while you wait? Elderberry, alcohol content is pretty high, I'm cutting mine w/apple juice.

something chilled and grape/melony, please, in the way of a glass of wine right now - a scandalous hint of sparkle in a glass

elderberry w/apple juice sounds delightful :cool:

something chilled and grape/melony, please, in the way of a glass of wine right now - a scandalous hint of sparkle in a glass

elderberry w/apple juice sounds delightful :cool:
*served with a thin slice of honeydew and an umbrella*
dewed glass draws a sparkling eye; no other rhyme is tried. :cattail:

*served with a thin slice of honeydew and an umbrella*
dewed glass draws a sparkling eye; no other rhyme is tried. :cattail:

*looks at the liddle umbrella*
hmmn

*raises the dewy glass to ready lips* danke :kiss:

*Harry walks in wearing Dark glasses and a pained expression, sits beside the empty glass on the bar, drinking coffee, contemplating the lipstick on the rim*

Back