The Official Author's Hangout Earth Day 2013 Contest Support Thread

"American Idol" style voting. Vote often, concentrate on who comes from your town, your county, your state, or who has made up the saddest story (or, in this running, who has a speech impediment).

"American Idol" style voting. Vote often, concentrate on who comes from your town, your county, your state, or who has made up the saddest story (or, in this running, who has a speech impediment).

by speech impediment are you talking about bad grammar and poor self editing skills?

If so, and adding to that my dreadful accent (Australian slang and vernacular used in this story)

and I have to ask where the hell are all the votes I should be receiving lololol :D :D :D

but perhaps you meant the actual show in which case just ignore me :eek: we don't see American Idol here we have our own Idol wannabes :D

Last edited:
eclair_ptc.jpg

1) Can someone tell me what a 'sweep' is?
2) How does one actually win the ED contest? The rules say the following:
3) Another question - is scouries really LITEROTICA'S #1 author?

eclare

My dear eclair, I'll be delighted to answer your questions...

1)"Sweeping" is a technique the QUEEN (LAUREL :cattail:) uses to alter the vote totals and scores at the end of the contest so that one of her "pets" can miraculously win even though his or her story was panned by the small number of real readers who actually read it. AHers such as oily, the dumb texan, and darkboy have all benefitted from their lackyisms...

2) The first step is to get down on your knees...

3) YES HE IS! I don't like to blow my own horn but the fact of the matter is that it's true. MANU Award winner, #1 MOST VOTED on story, MOST COMMENTED on story, and with SITE SALES of over 40,000,000 I believe it's pretty generally accepted that I'm number one.

by speech impediment are you talking about bad grammar and poor self editing skills?

If so, and adding to that my dreadful accent (Australian slang and vernacular used in this story)

and I have to ask where the hell are all the votes I should be receiving lololol :D :D :D

but perhaps you meant the actual show in which case just ignore me :eek: we don't see American Idol here we have our own Idol wannabes :D

OK, I'll just ignore you. I meant the actual TV show and a contestant who, although very nice and with a good voice, is well beyond his release date and is only still in contention because of the sympathy vote--he has a stutter when speaking that makes it almost impossible for him to converse, but it doesn't occur when he sings.

Just so none of the newbies get confused.

Here are the real answer to those answers s*****s gave above:

1: Sweeps are run because of asshole like s*****s who inflate their votes and views and try to inflate their scores. If you know anything about the owners of this site then you would know what s*****s said is bullshit and sour grapes.

2: More bullshit

3: Yes he is the self proclaimed number one. But and this is a big but, ask him how may of the real contests and awards he has won on this site. None, zip, zero. And whose fault is that, you ask. According to him it is everyone in the AH, the site owners, and anyone else he can think of. Now you understand the sour grapes.

That is what the fake contests and fake awards are all about. So s*****s can finally win something, even if it is fake and bogus.

I hope this explains why he is here and why ignore is the best place for him.

OK, I'll just ignore you. I meant the actual TV show and a contestant who, although very nice and with a good voice, is well beyond his release date and is only still in contention because of the sympathy vote--he has a stutter when speaking that makes it almost impossible for him to converse, but it doesn't occur when he sings.

His name isn't Mel Tillis is it? :D

The highest rating of a story that's still got 25 votes or more after the last sweeps wins.

Well, that would be Alwayswantedto with his Mom/Son stories. Apparently, he's considered the best author, if not the numero uno on this site. He's got the largest most enthusiastic and loyal fan base by far.

It shouldn't be Scouries' World. It should be Alwayswantedto's World. :D

My twincest story has plummeted in score. High readership, great feedback, even got two enthusiastic comments posted - and it only just appeared this morning. But the first vote was a 1, because the score dropped to 4.00 immediately. Jeebus! It isn't that bad!

Well, that would be Alwayswantedto with his Mom/Son stories. Apparently, he's considered the best author, if not the numero uno on this site. He's got the largest most enthusiastic and loyal fan base by far.

It shouldn't be Scouries' World. It should be Alwayswantedto's World. :D

My twincest story has plummeted in score. High readership, great feedback, even got two enthusiastic comments posted - and it only just appeared this morning. But the first vote was a 1, because the score dropped to 4.00 immediately. Jeebus! It isn't that bad!

Huh? The Earth Day contest (which was what the question concerned) isn't over yet. The highest rating with 25 or more votes hasn't been judged yet--and won't be until after the contest ends and the final sweeps are finished.

Suggest you just stop hyperventilating over Scouries. That's what he wants you to do.

I always consider 1s to be as good as 5s. It means I'm threatening someone. :devil:

Huh? The Earth Day contest (which was what the question concerned) isn't over yet. The highest rating with 25 or more votes hasn't been judged yet--and won't be until after the contest ends and the final sweeps are finished.

Suggest you just stop hyperventilating over Scouries. That's what he wants you to do.

Hyperventilating? Over Scouries? Now how did you deduce that from my post? Jeebus, Pilot, you must really kill all the ladies with that swoon-inducing charm of yours.

Hyperventilating? Over Scouries? Now how did you deduce that from my post? Jeebus, Pilot, you must really kill all the ladies with that swoon-inducing charm of yours.

Defensive much? Do personal attacks make you feel superior? Your obsession with what Scouries is doing seemed pretty obvious to me. Just ignore him. I'll help by putting you on ignore with him.

(And, yes, I notice you didn't address that other crazy stuff I said "huh" to.)

Defensive much? Do personal attacks make you feel superior? Your obsession with what Scouries is doing seemed pretty obvious to me. Just ignore him. I'll help by putting you on ignore with him.

(And, yes, I notice you didn't address that other crazy stuff I said "huh" to.)

Having a bad day, Pilot? In no mood to take a joke?

I made a remark about Scouries in my post, true, but hardly enough to warrant your accusation that I was "hyperventilating" about him. Most of my post was about Alwayswantedto. I thought that was pretty clear, so I don't believe I was the overreacting {or hyperventilating}.

Defensive? Maybe a mite. I get that way when someone swings a club at me. It's a character flaw of mine. I abhor being attacked.

And the reason why I didn't address the other alleged "stuff" you responded with "huh" to, was because you'd been pretty clear with your clarification of how things work. But, Pilot, despite your apparent grumpiness, I still love you {even if you put me on ignore - I know you're just trying to play hard-to-get}.

Hey, I have 100 posts but no avatar :( Maybe it is 200.

The ability to upload an avatar appears in User CP when you have exceeded 100 posts. Sometimes you need to sign out of Literotica and sign in again.

But YOU have to make your own avatar. If you can't, help can be asked for.

Contest analysis - Earth Day Contest 2013

Good evening. The dice tell me that there are 44 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.26 from an average of 290 votes. Stories had an average of 22,818 views, an average of 8 favorites, and an average of 8 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.33%. The average number of pages is 2.7, with the longest story being 10 pages.

So far there have been a total of 12,201 votes, 1,004,032 views, 364 favorites and 355 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.26) is 0.41 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 290) is 380. The median score is 4.35, the median number of votes is 120 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.51 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.97 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 3 stories have had their votes adjusted, with 3 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 0 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 3 votes swept, being an average of 1 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 1. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

• BDSM (2 stories)
  • Erotic Couplings (7 stories)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur (3 stories)
  • Gay Male (1 story)
  • Group Sex (1 story)
  • Illustrated (1 story)
  • Incest/Taboo (7 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (1 story)
  • Loving Wives (2 stories)
  • Mature (2 stories)
  • NonConsent/Reluctance (3 stories)
  • NonHuman (3 stories)
  • Reviews & Essays (1 story)
  • Romance (5 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (4 stories)
  • Text With Audio (1 story)

New stories today

Authors entered so far are:

AffectionateFather, Ashson (2), Aunay, Beelzebub72, BrookMeier, Candlelight062, CatRun, CavyConsultant, Cndrlla69, curlyspurs, eclare (2), Euphonic, HeyAll, hoo_hoo_boo (2), HottieKatie, ihartekenny, JagFarlane (2), Jasmynn_Brown, JuanVato, litfan10, MSTarot, RedHairedandFriendly (2), Rutabaga72, sexnovella, silkstockingslover (2), slyc_willie (2), sr71plt, StaciRay79, Stacy469, subwryter, SusanJillParker, theravenfox, tk5555, Tx Tall Tales, TxRad, xelliebabex, YDB95

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on the category page, the author's page, and the toplists page, can all be different. Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Earth Day Contest 2013

Cool! I'm on the list and one of only two new author entries. :D

Good evening. The dice tell me that there are 44 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.26 from an average of 290 votes. Stories had an average of 22,818 views, an average of 8 favorites, and an average of 8 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.33%. The average number of pages is 2.7, with the longest story being 10 pages.

So far there have been a total of 12,201 votes, 1,004,032 views, 364 favorites and 355 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.26) is 0.41 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 290) is 380. The median score is 4.35, the median number of votes is 120 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.51 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.97 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 3 stories have had their votes adjusted, with 3 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 0 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 3 votes swept, being an average of 1 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 1. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

• BDSM (2 stories)
  • Erotic Couplings (7 stories)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur (3 stories)
  • Gay Male (1 story)
  • Group Sex (1 story)
  • Illustrated (1 story)
  • Incest/Taboo (7 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (1 story)
  • Loving Wives (2 stories)
  • Mature (2 stories)
  • NonConsent/Reluctance (3 stories)
  • NonHuman (3 stories)
  • Reviews & Essays (1 story)
  • Romance (5 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (4 stories)
  • Text With Audio (1 story)

New stories today

Authors entered so far are:

AffectionateFather, Ashson (2), Aunay, Beelzebub72, BrookMeier, Candlelight062, CatRun, CavyConsultant, Cndrlla69, curlyspurs, eclare (2), Euphonic, HeyAll, hoo_hoo_boo (2), HottieKatie, ihartekenny, JagFarlane (2), Jasmynn_Brown, JuanVato, litfan10, MSTarot, RedHairedandFriendly (2), Rutabaga72, sexnovella, silkstockingslover (2), slyc_willie (2), sr71plt, StaciRay79, Stacy469, subwryter, SusanJillParker, theravenfox, tk5555, Tx Tall Tales, TxRad, xelliebabex, YDB95

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on the category page, the author's page, and the toplists page, can all be different. Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Earth Day Contest 2013

Yay!

The bombing will now commence! :p

(one-bombs, that is . . . .)

They've already been bombing the hell out of my story the moment it appeared. It debuted as the second story in the New stories section, and it's still there! Easy target. :(

They've already been bombing the hell out of my story the moment it appeared. It debuted as the second story in the New stories section, and it's still there! Easy target. :(

Yep. Bane and boon. I had one of mine sit at the number one spot all day . . . took it a while to recover from the carpet-bombing.

To quote Bugs Bunny: "Ah . . . me public." :rolleyes:

Yep. Bane and boon. I had one of mine sit at the number one spot all day . . . took it a while to recover from the carpet-bombing.

To quote Bugs Bunny: "Ah . . . me public." :rolleyes:

Hm. Maybe I should hyperventilate now. It's still there! Aren't people posting stories anymore?

Back