Defenders Revived!

Jenna sighed as Raven ignored her questions, looking her over as she bit her lip. The woman was such a mystery, but the lack of response intrigued her more than anything. "You know, you're a difficult woman to interview. What do I have to do to get you to open up?" She teased before looking down at her outfit.

Slowly, she began to do as Raven instructed, slipping the cap into her satchel as well and unbuttoning the shirt, showing quite a bit of her cleavage for the club owner. "You must have girls bothering you all night trying to get your number," she looked out at the bar, feeling more nervous as the outfit showed more skin than she was used to, her pink lacy bra peaking out from beneath the blouse.

The abrupt demand from Raven for an answer made her jump, her eyes following Raven's gaze to the bracelet around her wrist. The placed her hands in her lap, as if she were trying to protect it. "It was my sister's. Why are you asking?" Jenna clenched her jaw, eyes narrowing as she looked Raven over. "Did you know her?"
 
Raven

"Answers get you killed, kiddo. As does weaknesses." That pain went deep, far too deep. Especially when the bad guys want something from you, they'll use it to any extent. It is what got Jess killed... Using Raven's name to get Jessica alone, never realizing that they did not have Amelia until it were too late. If she knew the son of a bitch or bitches who killed Jess..

"I can still remember her laughter, it was infectious." She were not looking at Jenna but off into nothing, the past roaring to life within her heart and mind all over again. It hurt, it truly physically hurt to think of Jessica and that loss. They had been the best of friends, inseparable for six short years.. Far too short! So much of it she try to block came rushing forward with such deep pain that she felt tears well up.

"I bought her a few of those charms you're wearing," Hoarse but softly she spoke, shifting her eyes back to her pad without really seeing much beyond the blur. "I had thought your parents would bury that with her.." A bit of resentment came into her voice. She did not wish to see such reminders of something so painful.. Why they did not bury it with Jess, she did not know but she had to refrain from taking it from Jenna. It were not hers to take, painful or no.. Perhaps Jess wanted little red to have the reminder?

"Anyway!" She snapped out of her whining and self loathing bullshit to brush her cheek for tears and refocus herself else where. "You ask too many questions before breakfast.." Came the response, her features schooled once more into 'boss mode'. She shift to take up her glass and drink once more, collecting her thoughts and emotions into a fist of control.. It took time, and energy to do it. When her mouth were free to speak once again, she gave Jenna her full attention. Without guile or coy little quips, but full on focus.

"It does not pay to help either good or bad guys. In this game you walk a fence and you tread fucking lightly less you fall the fuck off." She bent forward to replace the glass, but her eyes remain on Jenna. "One step too far to either side and you pay dearly for it. The wrong time, you pay dearly. The wrong move, hell .. If you anger anyone any more, if you don't have guards, you're as good as bay floater. Get my meaning? You have to keep your cards to your breast and your secrets under lock and key." She did her best to convey to Jenna just how fucked up their little world had become.

"Helping bad guys, or helping the good guys allows one to have knowledge to actually help man kind. The bad guys want us all out of their way, knowing... If you print this, you'll be in that bay yourself, Jenna.. Sister of my blood sister, or no. Got it?" Her tone were dead serious but with a nod from the girl, she went on. "Knowing what shit storm is coming, allows us middle guys who just want to fucking live our lives until naturally we go to our rest, fend off 'do gooders'.." She made air quotes with her fingers, "and 'bad guys'.. They do not stop their bullet spray and building bashing or car tossing habits because there's pedestrians near by. What the fuck do they care for us middle men? So now you know my purpose. I play this fence hopping game with all sides so I can warn those no one is really looking out for."
 
"You know the full phrase is 'curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought him back'. Information is power, and if most people knew what was really happening, things could change! No one ever changed he world by playing it safe." It was a bit naive, but Raven hadn't crushed her optimism yet. She had to believe there was still the possibility of making things better.

Looking down at the bracelet, she thought of Jesse, how secretive she was and how little she spoke of her work. There was so much she didn't know about her, and even through her research, she hadn't been able to find out much. Most of the files related to the superheroes had been destroyed. "So you knew her well?" She asked, biting her lip as she leaned forward. "I... I never found out what happened to her. How she died, I mean."

Noticing tears rolling down her cheeks, Jenna reached out a hand to touch her, but before she could do or say anything, Raven was wiping them away and moving on. The reporter was writing down key phrases as quickly as she could in her notepad, flipping a page every so often. "Sounds like a lot of risk for not a lot of reward. How the hell do you make money."

A smile formed on her face when Raven spoke of her real purpose, leaning back in her chair as she looked Raven over, seeing her in a new light. "So you're for watching out for the little guy. I can see why Jesse liked you," she said before looking down at the charm bracelet, taking the Eiffel Tower between her thumb and pointer finger, showing it to Raven. "I gave that to her a month before she died. She was supposed to come visit me when I was studying in Paris, but she had to cancel because of work. I sent this to make her feel better."

Her smile faded as she thought about Jesse and the world she had left behind. "Maybe it's better she's not here to see the world like this. She would've hated it. There's also no way she'd let me do this."
 
Raven

"Perhaps, sometime. I may tell you that, Jenna." She said as she stood up from the couch. She stretch a bit, ignoring the pains of memories and charm bracelets as well as the pretty package trying to get a Pulitzer out of her. "You would be wise not to get involved in any of this. Might live to be a ripe old age of eighty-two if you play your cards right. Get married, make babies.. blah blah blah.." She bent to take her tablet up and cup, stormy eyes turning to land on little Red.

She could see Jesse now, faintly in the little pale package called Jenna. But had she not said she were that little sister, one would have never known. Crazy..

"I do have to get back to work and make sure all is set for opening tonight. Have a look around, chat.. mingle.. Have bathroom sex." She tossed out random activities Tartarus were good for.. Her chuckle coming out softly with that last idea, "Well maybe not the bathroom." So many warnings went off in her head, from throttling Jenna to GO HOME! to just leaving it be. She hated when her own mind warred with her gut instincts. "Hang around, maybe you'll get to meet Jack tonight." She shut down that worrisome annoyance within her mind and shift gears back fully into over-driven sex pot mode.

Safer that way. Amazing what one can do with a mound of sarcasm and a great set of tits, eh?

"And maybe, we might pick up where this left off.. AFTER work." She gave Jenna a long hard look, "Don't do anything crazy." She head off to her office once Jenna had finished speaking, a saucy smile on her lips as her ass sashayed away.
 
Jenna arched the woman closely, taking her in a new light. This woman was more than just a contact, but a link to her past, to the sister she loved so dearly. "You're suggesting I go back to writing crappy stories about how great the government is doing on keeping crime rates low? Live some boring life at home when there's so much out there? I think the risk is worth it. I'd rather die young doing something important than die old regretting letting life pass me by."

Jenna sipped the last of her Shirley temple, nodding until the last item on Raven's list made her nearly spit out her drink, her eyes widening as she looked to the beauty wondering if she were serious. "Not the type for candles and a romantic dinner then?" She asked, cocking her head to the side with a nervous grin. She'd never met anyone who was so up front about their desires, so blunt about what they had in mid. "Anything I should know about Jack before he arrives?"

A shiver ran down Jenna's spine at the promise of something to come later, left speechless as the woman's ass swayed in the tight leather as she walked away. For a moment, she wondered if coming had been a mistake and if giving into her desires was a good idea. But she was waist deep in danger already, and it was pointless to back out now. She glanced towards Raven's office before settling into her chair and putting her blazer on for warmth.

Cracking her knuckles, she began typing into her laptop, making another post on her onion site.

Urgent

I won't bother opening with some lecture on the importance of heroes in our time. If you are a regular visitor of this site, you are quite aware of this fact already.

I know some of you have contacts with individuals with powers, and I'm asking those individuals to contact me. I understand the risk, but you can no longer hide alone in the shadows. It's time for a team to reunite and fight back.

Don't try to find me. You can't.

Send me a message, and I will find you.
 
Cold Heart

Martin grew quiet as she spoke listening intently as she explained what she knew about the ex-commander. He had hoped that by finding one of his old team mates he would find the commander himself. The information he managed to find on the syndicate all pointed to something big going down. Big enough that they didn’t want the commander around anymore. Over the years they treated him like nothing more than an annoyance which didn’t track well with Martin. Why not try and destroy him? Or capture him for the index?

“There must be some way to find him” Martin remarked filing that information away for later. He turned his mind towards the objective running through all the options available to them before settling on a course of action.

“There are syndicate bases all over the city” Martin explained turning and walking over to the ledge “There hunting the commander in this city no? I say we attack them and see if they have any up to date information. Or perhaps have narrowed the search.”

It was a long shot but the only course of action he knew to take. Syndicate was combing the city for the commander and no doubt narrowed the search considerably. If they were lucky they would have done most of the work for them!
“There’s one two blocks over” He said pointing “Shall we go? I look forward to seeing you in action!”

With that he leapt off the ledge using his gun to clear the small gap. He began to move jumping on the roofs like they were stepping stones.
 
Jack Kirby

“Shit!”

Jack growled in frustration and kicked a few spare boxes. Everywhere he looked he was reminded of how far his fall from grace truly was. From a glittering tower of technology and power to a broken warehouse on an abandoned waterfront! With no one’s company but cockroaches and rats!

“I even have to clear the place up” He murmured shaking his head in disgust. He contemplated forgetting this come back tour entirely. What was he going to do? More that ninety percent of his friends died when the tower fell. Few were left to answer the calls and most of them were unfortunately captured by syndicate and the sinister biotech corporation they used to experiment on supers.

His hands shook from the injustice of it all. The regular population of the world didn’t care about the syndicate take over because they weren’t the syndicates target. The super powered of the world were. The syndicate hunted them capturing them like livestock an subjecting them to every experiment possible. It was all about replicating the powers, creating a super powered army that would give them complete dominion over the world.

And just like that he was back in.

He moved over to the bank of computers with renewed purpose. His fingers flew across the keyboard as he activated the powerful communications equipment. Once the equipment was working he began the slow process of calibrating it to the old defender’s frequency. The odds of someone listening and using that frequency were slim to none but he had to start somewhere. He waited for the transmitting light to blink on and once it was on activated the webcam and microphone built into the monitor.

He stepped back and cleared his throat. He fixed the camera with a strong powerful stare and organized his thoughts before finally speaking.

“This is a priority alert to all defenders still alive” He said his voice growing more sure with each syllable “The news of my death have been greatly exaggerated. I’m sorry for the deception but I have been working in secret against the syndicate ever since the tower fell. I’ve tried my best to protest you guys and I’ve failed on my own. The syndicate is getting more and more powerful with each day. It’s time for us to come back together and end them once and for all. The defenders must rise again. If your receiving this message and still have the will to fight come to New York City. I will be waiting.”

He reached out stopping the live recording with the flip of a switch. Jack leaned back closing his eyes and sighing as he contemplated what he just did. Five years had passed since he last saw one of his team mates. Would there even be an answer? Or would they all be too angry at him for keeping them in the dark?

“Guess I just have to wait and see” Jack said softly. He took a deep breath pushing his worry away before getting back up and continuing the cleaning.
 
“There’s one two blocks over” He said pointing “Shall we go? I look forward to seeing you in action!”

Before Alexis even had time to respond and put her two cents in Martin was already taking off in the direction of the Syndicate base that he had pointed out to her before, using his gun to jump from roof top to roof top as easy as a kid playing a game of leapfrog. She had to admit, she was a little impressed at how well he managed it considering he didn't have any flying powers like herself.

"Attacking a Syndicate base... Well, I guess I'm officially back in the game," she commented to herself with a smirk before dropping her bag down by her feet and leaving it on the rooftop of his hotel building to soar off after him, a trail of flames trickling through he sky behind her.

She could swing back by the hotel and get the her things after they were done before heading back to her place... assuming they didn't get themselves killed or captured before then of course. She quickly caught up with him, flying beside him as he lead the way. Her hood fell back from the force of the wind, revealing her face more clearly to his view and a long pony tail of wavy red hair that stood out in contrast to the black pants and hoodie that she wore.

"So any particular plan of attack once we reach the base or are we just playing it by ear?" she called over to him as she flew.
 
Commander Stone

The buxom young soldier saw the agent and raised her gun without a moment’s hesitation. Her full pouty lips curled above to reveal a dazzling smile as she slowly squeezed the trigger.

“Get lost!” She shouted letting loose a powerful sonic blast from the shotgun in her hand. The “thunder” was its nickname and it more than lived up to it as the powerful shockwave rocked the foundation of the house and blew out two of the windows in the front. The tanned American turned to Siren mouthing and I’m sorry before jumping through the broken windows and activating the assault rifle configuration of her gun.

“Syndicate sent you after me huh?” She said planting her feet evenly apart and aiming at him through the sights of her gun “That’s bad news for you”


She heard siren coming out of the house behind her but didn’t turn to face her.

“We should probably go before he recovers” Stone murmured her finger tight on the trigger “It’s your call boss”
 
Jolt

Rodger saw Stone fire, but he couldn't do anything to avoid it. The shock wave launched him backwards and he ended up on his back in the dust, his mouth full of the metallic taste of blood. Or at least the substance that flowed through his veins, anyway.

At first all he felt was pain, like he had been hit by a truck, but he quickly recovered, opening his eyes and trying to work out where the hell he had landed. He was on the side of the road, not far from where he parked his car. Stone was standing in front of the house and was still pointing that damn gun at him. He could tell that his body and clothes were covered in tears and scratches and all he could hear was a far off ringing.

He stayed as still as possible and started forcing electricity to flow through his body, revitalising himself and clearing his head. He moved his hand, which was hidden from Stone's view by the rest of his body, and brought his fingers together so that they almost touched. As quickly as he could, he raised his hand and released a bolt of lightning that arced towards the house. If his aim had be right, he might have hit Stone but instead it tore through the wall beside her.

As soon as he released the energy, he rolled towards his car, taking shelter behind it. It didn't matter how fast or tough Commander Stone was, a wall exploding next to her would at least distract her. Now he had to take care of her and Siren before they had a chance to escape or try to launch another attack.
 
Avery say the next electric attach just as it hit the walls of her home and knew she had no time to waste. She opened her mouth, letting out a cry of pure sonic force that was aimed behind her beautiful houseguest. The wall crumpled further thanks to her own attack, but the force of it pushed the debris back and away from Stone.

Then, Siren leapt into the air, her long auburn hair streaming behind her as her face set into one of rage.

It was bad enough that the man had come here, that he had threatened her and destroyed her home, but there was no way she would tolerate him trying to kill another!

"Stand down or I will scream hard enough to make your brain bleed out of your nose!" Siren warned, her voice somehow louder, somehow more resonant than it had been before. As her powerful wings flapped it stirred her auburn locks, and she prepared to dodge if he tried to throw another jolt at her.

This, her tone had said, was his last chance to surrender before he would find out how she truly got her name.
 
Jolt

Jolt was hiding behind his car, catching his breath when he heard Siren's threat. He had known that her sonic abilities were powerful, but he had no idea whether or not she could actually kill someone with them. But after what she had done to him earlier, he wasn't taking any chances.

That didn't mean that he was surrendering, after all, he wouldn't be very good at his job if he couldn't plan for something like this. He reached into his pocket and pulled out two rubber cones that he roughly pushed into his ears. He had designed these ear plugs years ago, for use in combat against flash bangs, but the military never had any interest in them because they prevented communication. He doubted that they would completely stop her powers effecting him but they would stop her from knocking him out or killing him.

He then took a deep breathe and went straight to maximum power, his whole body glowing and stray sparks of electricity arcing from his body. Without stepping into Stones view, he thrust out both hands and released a massive bolt of electricity at Siren. This was nothing like his earlier attacks, this one was powerful enough to kill, because if she wasn't going to play nice, he wouldn't either.
 
Siren gritted her teeth and pulled her wings in tight when she saw the jolt of electricity arcing towards her. It sizzled and snapped in an instant, but gravity pulled her out of the way as she plummetted towards the dusty ground.

At the last possible moment she snapped her wings out and caught a draught, lifting her up higher as she swooped past the car and where the man was hiding. As she went she let out an almighty cry, the sonic energy waves shattering the glass and setting off the alarm of the car.

Siren's call, however, would not kill him- ear plugs or not. She had bluffed hard and he had called it, but violence wasn't in her nature. This cry was designed to issue enough pain to make someone pass out, to render them unconscious.
 
Jolt

Jolt didn't just hear Sirens sonic attack, he felt it in every fibre of his being. His entire body shook from the force of it and he felt like he was going to be torn apart. It was a good thing that he had had some experience with pain, or he would have passed out then and there.

As it was, he let out a roar, sending even more electricity humming through his body. The power seemed to lessen the effect of the sonic attack, either by strengthening his body or creating vibrations that opposed the sonic waves. Either way, he wasn't complaining.

As he felt the force lessen, he shouted, "If you're going to go all out, then so will I!"

He flipped over the car and spied Stones hiding besides the house, firing at him. He twisted out of the way of the shots and pointed each of his palms at one of the girls. He released two blasts of electricity and this time they were both on target. Stones was knocked of her feet, hopefully to stay there for a while.

Siren, however, managed to dodge again. And she used another one of those damn sonic attacks again, just after he landed. Again, his whole body was wracked with pain. Any more of those and he might actually pass out.

Fortunately, he had worked out how he would deal with her. He shot another bolt at her, then as she dodged yet again, he raised both hands for another blast. Only this time, instead of a single lightning bolt, dozens of smaller arcs split from his hands, covering the entire area in front of him.
 
Siren gritted her teeth as she continued to dodge and dart the man's attacks. It had been a long, long time since she had fought anyone, but this guy was a tough one. Either he was unusually equipped to be resistant to her attacks, or she had lost her touch.

Either way she let out a gasp as his jolt of electricity hit Stone. She was just about to dive for the woman when he sent another her way. With a twist she dodged, only to see him sending out a full field of bolts her way. She let out a loud, resounding call. The force of it sent her spiralling back as a sonic shield protected her from the spray. But it also threw her off balance. She barely had time to tuck her wings in as she plummeted to the ground. She tried to turn her landing into a tumble but she was too winded, and she instead slumped against the car.

"What do you want with her?" Siren demanded, struggling to catch her breath as she took shelter behind the vehicle.
 
Jolt

As he saw Jolt saw Siren go down, he breathed a sigh of relief. He heard her muffled voice faintly through the earplugs and assuming that she would be too winded to use her sonic, he removed one, hearing her say, "-want with her?"

"Me? Nothing, personally I couldn't care less about her," he said, also taking deep, heaving breathes. This fight was proving to be much harder than he expected. "However, she's proving to be a serious pain in the behind for some of your old friends at the Syndicate. And because they give me large amounts of money, she is, by extension, a pain in my behind as well."

He looked over to Stones and saw that she was still lying on the ground. Maybe this fight was starting to go his way after all. Still, he had to do something about Siren; any more of those sonic attacks and he would really be in trouble, so he had to move quickly.
 
Last edited:
Chao

Chao was sneezing again. All of the dust and spores in the abandoned warehouse was giving him a terrible case of hay fever. At least the rats and bugs didn't bother him, plus his powers were quite handy for work like this. Well, in the middle of the warehouse anyway; he wasn't stupid enough to do it near the windows, even if they were completely covered in grime.

Vines and brambles sprouted from seeds he dropped at his feet and tendrils spread out, wrapping themselves around the mountains of rubbish and filth around him. Then they pulled the detritus together and crushed it into a neat package held together by the vines themselves. The garbage contained plenty of water and nutrients, enough to maintain the plants.

In the back of building, in a room with only a broken skylight and a rusted door giving access to the outside world, Chao found a very interesting secret. Water had fallen through a hole in the roof above and eroded a hole in the concrete floor, leaving a rather filthy pool. Using the roots of the vines Chao could feel that the pool was surprisingly deep and the dirt around it was a mulch of rotten food and bio-matter.

Looking around again, Chao confirmed what he had originally suspected; there was no way that anyone could find this room, or even see in without entering the warehouse first. Here he could grow all of the plants he wanted, both to restock his own seed pouches and to grow fresh food for the other Defenders. With that in his mind he dropped a single seed into the dirt on the edge of the pond. From that seed a small bush grew and a single white flower bloomed before him.

Running his fingers along the tough little petals, he made a decision. He had finally found his place, even if it was disgusting, old and full of rats, and he would never run again.
 
Siren leaned against the car, her lungs burning with the effort of breathing. When she looked out past the rear window of the car she saw Stones in the distance, passed out on the floor. The gun she had acquired was on the ground by her fingertips, and Avery figured that it would be a bargaining tool. So with a short sonic blast she send a spray of red dust in Jolt's direction before she dove forward and reached out for the gun, sliding across the dirt, fingers reached out.
 
Jolt saw Siren go to move and quickly replaced his ear plug. Not a moment too soon, either, for as soon as he did he was covered by a cloud of dust. Bringing his arms up, he prepared for her to attack. Instead he saw her grab hold of the gun that belonged to Stones. Which was so much worse.

That gun was the whole reason he was on this mission. Stone's suit was impressive, but they still had another prototype back at the lab. And Stone herself was only the target, he was only tasked with killing her to make sure that she didn't talk. But that gun was one of a kind, even Jolt himself had been unable to recreate it after Stone had stolen it. Now that Siren had it, he could use his electricity carelessly, he couldn't afford to damage it.

He lowered his arms and stopped the electricity from arcing from his body, leaving only a soft glow across his skin. He said as calmly as possible, "And what are you going to do with that?"
 
Siren watched the way that Jolt's entire body went from charged and ready to attack to a low, patient hum of caution. She cocked an eyebrow at the change.

"You clearly don't know anything about my sonic powers if you find this gun more of a threat," she said with a wry smirk. From what she had seen before the gun had been impressive, it had rocked the very foundations of her small cottage and shattered windows. But this was something that she could do as well. She wondered if this man had done his research, or if he and the Syndicate assumed she had gone soft over time.

"Though I believe the real question is what you were going to do with it? You think the Syndicate will cough up what they promised you if you return this and the girl?" She asked, keeping the weapon trained on him cautiously.
 
Jolt

Jolt watched Siren carefully, waiting for her to make a sudden move. When she didn't, he pulled one of his ear plugs out and listened to her talk.

He shrugged, "They've never refused to pay me before. Whatever else they are, when they make a deal they stick to it. And so do I."

He held his hands by his sides and continued, "I'm going to offer you a deal right now. Give me the gun and the girl and I'll let you go. I'll even make sure that the Syndicate doesn't kill Stone, at least not right away. You hand me the gun and I hand you my ear plugs and turn off my powers, so if I try and back stab you you can finish me off with your sonic powers. Then you can go where ever you want. I wouldn't advise staying here though, even if I don't tell my bosses about what happened here they'll know that you're involved soon enough."

He hesitated for a moment, before saying, "To sweeten the deal, I'll throw in this information for free: Jack Kirby is still alive. I'll even tell you where to find him if you agree to my terms."

He crossed his arms, waiting for her reply.
 
Jack Kirby was still alive? Siren gritted her teeth. She knew Jack was a survivor, but who could have lived through that ordeal? She kept the gun trained on the man, her eyes narrowing at him.

"I'll give you the gun, but you can't have the girl," She offered. She looked at the man and then at the prone, unconscious form of her visitor.
 
Jolt

Jolt wasn't shocked to hear Siren's reply, there was no way someone as noble as her would leave her companion behind like that. He thought things over for a few seconds. If he only brought back the gun, he probably wouldn't get full pay for the job, but if he fought Siren, chances were that he would get seriously injured and the gun might be damaged anyway. Even if he won, he wasn't getting paid to beat Siren. And if he let them go, the was another bonus. He was bound to be paid very well by the Syndicate if he fought the newly reformed Defenders for them.

The only issue with giving Siren Stone was that it would leave Jolt with no bargaining chip of his own to stop Siren from attacking him. Fortunately, he still had his trump card.

"Alright," he said cautiously as he pulled out his ear plugs. "We'll meet in the middle, I'll give you the plugs and you give me the gun. Once that's done I'll tell you where Kirby is. And a word of warning: don't try and attack me once the deal is done. If you do, I'll discharge enough electricity to wipe out everything withing 500 meters."
 
Siren knew better than to make deals with the Syndicate or one of their goons, but as she and the man stood and faced each other down she knew that she may have little choice. If anything happened to her or Stones out here, no one would know for weeks. Possibly months.

"Fine," she said, stepping out from cover and flicking the safety switch on the gun. She started to walk forward cautiously, her eyes trained on hip for any sense of betrayal. Closer and closer until they were but a few feet apart. She reached out for the ear plugs, but when her fingers touched them she let go, turning away from the man at the last minute and sliding the gun all the way down her drive way. With a short sonic blast she sent if skittering further down the road, and then jumped in front of Stones.

"The gun's yours. Now get out of here and go. The next time you are anywhere near me or this woman you will die," Siren warned, standing over her visitor protectively.
 
Jolt

Jolt was annoyed at Sirens decision to toss the gun away, but he just shrugged. It might not have gone off without a hitch, but the deal was done. Well, almost, he still had his end to uphold. He walked slowly to the gun and picked it up, before going to his car and opening the drivers side door.

Before he got into the car, he turned back to Siren and told her, "I might work for the Syndicate, but I'm a man of my word. Your old Commander is somewhere in New York city, though not even I know exactly where. I would suggest leaving the country as soon as you can, because soon enough I'll have to tell my bosses that you're back. Anyway, pleasure doing business with you."

With that he sat down, closed the door and took of in a cloud of dust. He was going to call in that his mission was mostly successful, but he realised that he had accidentally landed on his phone and smashed it during the fight. Not even he could make a phone that was superhero proof, and thanks to that Siren would get a few more hours before she had the Syndicate was after her.
 
Back
Top