The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanx, I hope to build lots of chairs, rifles, cabinets, etc. on it. Now I need to go put another coat of paint on my 18 drawer tool chest.

About this workbench I built . . .

It's still sitting at school. Hopefully it will come home a week from Monday.

Bear, you are to be Saluted for a Workbench almost too pretty to actually use. It's work of Art, mate. How thick is the top work surface; is in one chunk of solid wood ?

I could work with that. Good job.

So could I, but I'd be very nervous about scratching it!

Last edited:
LOL! To be honest, mine is the most basic, utilitarian bench in the class. The top is just shy of 3" thick, butcherblock European beech and the rest is all beech as well. I like beech. It's hard, strong and only $3.50/bd. ft. Cheap is good.

I designed and built it to go together quickly with no fancy stuff. Other guys in the class are building 'shop furniture'. They're not finished and Tuesday is our last day to work. Mine is a giant clamp and it's done and ready to come home and use. You think this is pretty? They guy next to me built his base out of walnut and then put a cherry skirt around his maple top! He also used $300 vices . . . two of them. I used a couple of vices that had been sitting around the shop waiting to be installed for about five years. I think I can proudly say that I am out of pocket less than anyone else in the class and that I was done first. Now if I can just get it home . . .

LOL! To be honest, mine is the most basic, utilitarian bench in the class. The top is just shy of 3" thick, butcherblock European beech and the rest is all beech as well. I like beech. It's hard, strong and only $3.50/bd. ft. Cheap is good.

I designed and built it to go together quickly with no fancy stuff. Other guys in the class are building 'shop furniture'. They're not finished and Tuesday is our last day to work. Mine is a giant clamp and it's done and ready to come home and use. You think this is pretty? They guy next to me built his base out of walnut and then put a cherry skirt around his maple top! He also used $300 vices . . . two of them. I used a couple of vices that had been sitting around the shop waiting to be installed for about five years. I think I can proudly say that I am out of pocket less than anyone else in the class and that I was done first. Now if I can just get it home . . .

I wonder how much Beech would cost round here. The last depot for good "lumber" I think you guys call it closed a while ago and the local DIY store thinks wood begins and ends with ply.

My bench tops have engineering vices and heavy kitchen work-top material, about 2.5" thick. It just needs keeping away from liquids by & large.

I nearly forgot this bit of news.

After months of debate, investigation and speculation , we can all now look forward to seeing the Diamond 9 formation.

The worlds best is back in the air; and at full strength.
:)

Last edited:
Well, hello Nakeds!! It looks like y'all had a good time while I was away. :)

Yes, after two nights and one day FILLED with drama on and off the stage, I'm home and looking forward to sleeping in my own bed. I'm also hopeful that my neck and shoulders will stop hurting.

Our show was very well-received, so that was nice to be part of. On the other hand, I'm exhausted. We were in the theatre until midnight, striking the set and cleaning up. Of course, we had a mini-celebration afterward, so I don't think my drivemates and I hit bed until nearly 2:30. One friend in our group had wanted to leave at 5:30 this morning.

No, that didn't happen. It was more like 7:30 with two stops for coffee.

Glad you had a blast, anna.

I'm breaking out some cheese and crackers and a bit of sherry. Who wants some.

Gracious greetings, me foin, naked friends.

It was a wonderful day, with many a manly knee exposed and so finely toned posteriors clad in tartan plaid, exerting greatly those musculatures of maleness as one often finds among the more athletically inclined.

Man, I love the Highland Games.

Gracious greetings, me foin, naked friends.

It was a wonderful day, with many a manly knee exposed and so finely toned posteriors clad in tartan plaid, exerting greatly those musculatures of maleness as one often finds among the more athletically inclined.

Man, I love the Highland Games.

Me too! Ours are in August, though. So there's an excuse for all the fanning of self. ;)

Hiya, Molly. :rose:

Me too! Ours are in August, though. So there's an excuse for all the fanning of self. ;)

Hiya, Molly. :rose:

Hiya, Di.

There was a genealogy tent where I pulled my name out of a catalog and showed it to my mother. It's an ancient Gaelic name with an interesting description. It mentions that betraying my friendship is extremely dangerous.

Mom said, "I didn't need some silly document to tell me that." ;)

Hiya, Di.

There was a genealogy tent where I pulled my name out of a catalog and showed it to my mother. It's an ancient Gaelic name with an interesting description. It mentions that betraying my friendship is extremely dangerous.

Mom said, "I didn't need some silly document to tell me that." ;)

Hahaha. Neither did I, Molly! I think I figured that out very early on. :rose:

And good answer, Molly's mom!

The local Highland Games is Memorial Day weekend but it looks like we'll be giving it a pass this year. Other commitments have raised their ugly heads. But for the last time. My stint on the woodworking club board ends June 1.

Bad enough being up at this hour on Sunday morning, but having to cook breakfast for dozens of hungry, hung-over cowboys as well...? :rolleyes:

Bad enough being up at this hour on Sunday morning, but having to cook breakfast for dozens of hungry, hung-over cowboys as well...? :rolleyes:

LOL, I feel better already! Thanks, Steve.
<hug>

Wow, Bear, that is some beauty of a bench.

anna, congrats on the show.
:rose:

LOL, Molly, I hope you're going to blogpost about the Highland Games, with piccies :devil:.

'Morning. Just dipping into the hot tub for a minute or two. Me body be weary, me brain befuddled, but I am a happy lad. :p

I'll have a beer with you, Naoko, even if you're drinking coffee.

'Morning. Just dipping into the hot tub for a minute or two. Me body be weary, me brain befuddled, but I am a happy lad. :p

I'll have a beer with you, Naoko, even if you're drinking coffee.

LOL, dare we ask why you are physically and mentally exhausted! Yah, yah, you've been FAWCing around ;). The research for that writing sure can take it out of you.

Here you go, an Arrogant Bastard? Yes, I'll just have my coffee while I whip up hot chocolate with mini marshmallows for mini beasts who have got up way too early for kids who were watching films till way too late last night. (We have acquired an overnight guest on the piglet exchange programme.)

LOL, dare we ask why you are physically and mentally exhausted! Yah, yah, you've been FAWCing around ;). The research for that writing sure can take it out of you.

Here you go, an Arrogant Bastard? Yes, I'll just have my coffee while I whip up hot chocolate with mini marshmallows for mini beasts who have got up way too early for kids who were watching films till way too late last night. (We have acquired an overnight guest on the piglet exchange programme.)

A gentleman doesn't provide details. ;) Suffice to say the ladies are happy and asleep.

Actually, I have a couple of Spaten Optimators at my disposal. They take me back to my youth, when I drank the real thing. But just these two, and I'll be returning to bed.

I have to say that hot chocolate sounds pretty damned good right now. It would be even better with buttered toast to dunk in it. :) Sorry you have to spend your early Sunday herding the kids.

A gentleman doesn't provide details. ;) Suffice to say the ladies are happy and asleep.

Actually, I have a couple of Spaten Optimators at my disposal. They take me back to my youth, when I drank the real thing. But just these two, and I'll be returning to bed.

I have to say that hot chocolate sounds pretty damned good right now. It would be even better with buttered toast to dunk in it. :) Sorry you have to spend your early Sunday herding the kids.

Fortunately the piglets have zombified in front of the telly while I can get on with washing the floor to the tune of HP's posting of The Trout in Free Association.

Big mistake - we invited this piglet over for a last farewell play with the Playmobil sets. But the piglets had so much fun that Piglet wants to keep ALL the Playmobil. :rolleyes: Yes, I know, entirely predictable. Shoulda snuck it out the house quietly while she was at school.

LOL, also entirely predictable that your ladies are in their customary satisfied state, although good to hear it's going well. :)

Fortunately the piglets have zombified in front of the telly while I can get on with washing the floor to the tune of HP's posting of The Trout in Free Association.

Big mistake - we invited this piglet over for a last farewell play with the Playmobil sets. But the piglets had so much fun that Piglet wants to keep ALL the Playmobil. :rolleyes: Yes, I know, entirely predictable. Shoulda snuck it out the house quietly while she was at school.

LOL, also entirely predictable that your ladies are in their customary satisfied state, although good to hear it's going well. :)

Kids will always latch onto toys, especially at a certain age in which any and every toy is basis for some incredibly detailed and necessary childhood fantasy. Our Little One does much the same, though she has far too many toys on which to fixate.

As for my ladies . . . I can't claim all the credit, you know. I am more of an appreciated third wheel, rather than a driver. ;)

Alas, I can't help but wonder at which point it's going to end. It will, of course. There's no denying it. Of course, we'll just enjoy the situation until then, but I lament the eventual loss of a friend.

Good Morning Naoko. :kiss::rose:
I thought I'd check in at the nakeds. I've been busy FAWCking. I'm stroking for a climax now, I have it in sight. It's almost ... there.

Two more days and I'm killing my darlings in a orgy of editing!
This is fun!

Good Morning Naoko. :kiss::rose:
I thought I'd check in at the nakeds. I've been busy FAWCking. I'm stroking for a climax now, I have it in sight. It's almost ... there.

Two more days and I'm killing my darlings in a orgy of editing!
This is fun!

:eek: TMI! on a softly sunny Sunday morning.

Oh, you're talking about the story, phew! ;)

OK, then back to the fashion fun. :nana:
:heart:

:eek: TMI! on a softly sunny Sunday morning.

Oh, you're talking about the story, phew! ;)

OK, then back to the fashion fun. :nana:
:heart:

I like the Tango Terrorist. It was like half of a little black dress.:devil:

I went to my neice's first birthday party this afternoon and had cake. Then came back and put down 1500 words. 500 maybe good.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back