Symbols on stories

Samhdjd

Virgin
cxU4ywU.jpg

What does the last symbol represent? I know the one on the left is favorites and the one in the middle is comments, but what is the last one?

I've seen it a few times on my feed.

I think it's a "List" where someone saves it to read later.

Comments ?

These images must only appear on a phone. On the web page there are the words; "comments", "views" and "favorites". Since I don't use a phone to do Lit, I'd assume it is the "comment" function too. But, as I recall, the comment icon on my home page is the bubble w/ an arrow...so I'm not sure either.

Last edited:
I interact with Literotica in Chrome on a tablet, and see those symbols.

Where do you see them? I use Chrome on both my desktop and on my phone. Specifically, what page on Literotica are you looking at that you see this? What is this next to?

if you look a story up by a tag, then they're on the listing for each story, i.e. ( she tries to paste a link to a story tag search):

HTML:
<s> [url]https://tags.literotica.com/anal**0sex/[/url]</s>
Nope can't get it to work.
Anyway, go to the tags portal, pick a tag and you'll see those under the title and author. Next to the rating and number of views

Last edited:
Html?

does this forum accept HTML formatting? I only know, like, four things, but sometimes they're useful.

OK. I found it via a tag search. It appears to be the number of lists on which the story appears, but it doesn't provide a list of the lists so you can't tell WHICH lists it appears on.

if you look a story up by a tag, then they're on the listing for each story, i.e. ( she tries to paste a link to a story tag search):

HTML:
<s> [url]https://tags.literotica.com/anal**0sex/[/url]</s>
Nope can't get it to work.
Anyway, go to the tags portal, pick a tag and you'll see those under the title and author. Next to the rating and number of views
Don't pick a tag that has a space in it. You can make a link on the forum to "anal" (link), but not to "anal sex".

Seems like an odd feature, because you cannot find out how many lists your own stories appear on on your own control page. To find out that information you have to search for your story via tags. I did that for one of my stories and discovered how many lists it was on, but I can't access the particular lists. I suppose that makes sense for privacy reasons, but it still seems odd this is the only way to gain access to this information.

Seems like an odd feature, because you cannot find out how many lists your own stories appear on on your own control page. To find out that information you have to search for your story via tags. I did that for one of my stories and discovered how many lists it was on, but I can't access the particular lists. I suppose that makes sense for privacy reasons, but it still seems odd this is the only way to gain access to this information.
If you can't see it on your CP, it sounds like doubly-meaningless meta-data to me.

Do people generate lists of stories to read from tags? That all sounds a bit convoluted, especially if it's a partially hidden feature, which it seems to be.

Wasn't there a thread on this a couple of months ago? I am sure there was, but haven't found it.

If you can't see it on your CP, it sounds like doubly-meaningless meta-data to me.

Do people generate lists of stories to read from tags? That all sounds a bit convoluted, especially if it's a partially hidden feature, which it seems to be.

Well, it wouldn't be the first Lit feature to be . . . quirky.

It's slightly interesting knowing how many other people's reading lists one's story is on, but it's not interesting at all to know how many reading lists someone else's story is on. Nobody is going to pick a story that way. So it's weird that this information is available when one does a tag search but not when one checks one's own control panel.

Well, it wouldn't be the first Lit feature to be . . . quirky.

It's slightly interesting knowing how many other people's reading lists one's story is on, but it's not interesting at all to know how many reading lists someone else's story is on. Nobody is going to pick a story that way. So it's weird that this information is available when one does a tag search but not when one checks one's own control panel.

You might find it if you download the story stats from your CP. The table contains columns titled "In Reading Lists" and "Reading Lists." "In Reading Lists" corresponds to Favorites on the CP. Consistent titling is a good thing, but maybe one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. "Reading Lists" is something else. I don't know what it is.

You might find it if you download the story stats from your CP. The table contains columns titled "In Reading Lists" and "Reading Lists." "In Reading Lists" corresponds to Favorites on the CP. Consistent titling is a good thing, but maybe one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. "Reading Lists" is something else. I don't know what it is.

Never noticed that before. This Site is so odd. The download icon for downloading story stats isn't labeled, so it gives no indication of what it is unless you think to place the cursor over it. Readings lists corresponds to the number of other readers' reading lists your story is on.

cxU4ywU.jpg

What does the last symbol represent? I know the one on the left is favorites and the one in the middle is comments, but what is the last one?

As others have noted, this is an icon for Reading Lists.

The Literotica Reading Lists features is a big feature, but only a tiny part of it has been released so far.

The Lists icon stat will show the total number of Lists, not just the Favorites.

The reason you can't see the actual user created Lists yet is because we haven't rolled out that part of the feature. Even when that is rolled out, though, many Lists will be set to private (for example Read Later) and those List names and List creators won't be available.

When the feature is fully rolled out, you will be able to see all of the public Lists that each story is included in. Lists will play a bigger part on Literotica in the future, but we need to get the new interface fully rolled out first, and get the Control Panel updated as well.

:D:D

As others have noted, this is an icon for Reading Lists.

The Literotica Reading Lists features is a big feature, but only a tiny part of it has been released so far.

The Lists icon stat will show the total number of Lists, not just the Favorites.

The reason you can't see the actual user created Lists yet is because we haven't rolled out that part of the feature. Even when that is rolled out, though, many Lists will be set to private (for example Read Later) and those List names and List creators won't be available.

When the feature is fully rolled out, you will be able to see all of the public Lists that each story is included in. Lists will play a bigger part on Literotica in the future, but we need to get the new interface fully rolled out first, and get the Control Panel updated as well.

:D:D

Thanks for the update.

Nice avatar. Bill Gates. It's all starting to make sense. No one's seen Bill Gates and Manu in the same room together, huh?

Back