Positive Campaigning ? Fixing the Demon-rats!

Not if you get it from Hillary! She sucked the Demo's $$ dry and lost the best chance for a Senate of Democrats and a Supreme Court that wasn't a RWNJ!

20664020_1429432143799283_2231942352867661082_n.jpg

Nope, she helped fill the Democratic coffers. Bernie, not even a Democrat, did shit for the party or any other Democrats.
 
The Democratic Self-Sabotage Continues

I swear to god, if you invited 20 Democratic and/or liberal partisans to a four-star, five-course meal at the finest restaurant in all Provence, at least eight of them would get up, cross the room, and start fighting over who gets to eat out of the dog's bowl. Presented with a legitimate national crisis in the White House, and presented with the golden political opportunity that said crisis is almost entirely the fault of the Republican Party, which has demonstrated that it is wholly incapable of handling it, the Democratic Party has a chance to realign the electoral map over (at least) the next four years. All that's required is shrewdness, patience, and the ability to resist cannibalizing themselves long enough to watch the dry rot collapse the other side entirely.

Fat fcking chance.

Right at the moment, the main issues within the Democratic Party seem to be, in no particular order: Kamala Harris: Threat or Menace?; Cory Booker: Sure, Legal Weed But Wall Street?; and, that evergreen squabble, Bernie Or Hillary; Why 2016 Will Never End. This is like that old Twilight Zone episode where The Major, The Clown, The Tramp, and The Bagpiper are all stuck in a windowless, impenetrable tube. Eventually, we discover that these characters are all dolls, and that the container is filled with a little kid's playthings. The current counterproductive exercises render promising Democratic politicians—including Harris and Booker—into toys for the ideological imagination, and not real people with the real potential to help end the political and governmental crisis in which the country placed itself last November.

This also requires that you restock the farm system in the states. There's already more talk about the 2020 presidential campaign than there is concerning the hundreds of state-level races this year and the next. Those races require (marginally) less money and, if you want to birth a generation of non-corporate Democrats, that's the place to start. But, for the love of George McGovern, stop fighting over things over which you have no control. Stop wrestling over the gun that your party can use to shoot itself in the foot. Circumstances are too dire for that now.

2018 will be the key, retake the House and Senate and impeach Trump, Pence, and Ryan for their Russian Mob Money connections! It looks like that Bob's plan, even without a election process. :D
 
The Democratic Self-Sabotage Continues





2018 will be the key, retake the House and Senate and impeach Trump, Pence, and Ryan for their Russian Mob Money connections! It looks like that Bob's plan, even without a election process. :D

The only way to build a party is to start at the ground level. Vote at the local level for the party you want. Those people are using the local government/education boards/judgeships as stepping stones up to the state and then the federal government. Right now, neither party seems to be capable of anything useful. They stand around wringing their hands and blaming each other, but have they actually devised a plan? For me, one of the hardest things to understand is why people voted for Trump when he talked big but had no plan. He still doesn't have any plan for anything except to erase anything that the prior administration did. But there is no thought process in what he is erasing. There is no plan. He isn't interested in a plan. When someone tries to give him a plan, he doesn't really want to know about it. There are too many details. But the democrats won't stand a chance of doing anything if they don't create a plan. The republicans won't stand a chance of doing anything if they don't create a plan. Even if they were to impeach the next ten guys in line, there is still no plan for anyone to follow. We could put Mickey Mouse in the presidential seat and he still couldn't do anything, because no one has a plan. We are just a boat afloat in the water with no oar, spinning in circles and getting no where.
 
First the Democrats have to get rid of the deadweight:-

1 Dump Bernie Sanders. He parasitized the party took the whole party including the main stream candidate too far to the un-electable left and thus did more than anyone to get Trump elected. Bury the old twit as deep as possible.

2 Clinton has far too much baggage. I think she would have been a decent POTUS but didn't have the campaigning skills to get her over the line. Her time has gone.

3 Next Democrat President should be middle of the road, flexible, white and probably male and non-Washington. They should pinch the best bits of Reagan's and Trump's populism to win back the conservative blue collar vote (then dump 'em).

Blacks don't matter much, because they wouldn't even vote at all in 2016 (for a woman?). Oddly enough Republican fixing of the voter registers against blacks may enable the 'D's to pick a more electable candidate from the centre.

Basically another Bill Clinton with a better padlocked Zip would do. ;)
 
Some Democrats won’t feel the burn for Kamala Harris, but should it matter?

When Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) was seemingly being promoted as the Democratic Party’s next presidential hopeful, many on the left immediately got excited.

Finally, the party and its elite had gotten past the “Hillary can still win” phase and found someone who more resembles President Obama.

Harris is a freshman senator without an extensive voting record to be manipulated, she’s sharp and outspoken. She has a relatively long history fighting for criminal justice reform in many areas. However, some on the farther left end of the spectrum have reservations.

Many of the Bernie Sanders faithful are not happy with Harris’ promotion by the party.

They’ve given several reasons for their dissatisfaction. Some say she is corporate and will be beholden to Wall Street.

Others point to her work as a prosecutor, where she allegedly failed to prosecute banks despite evidence of misconduct. Harris also is said to have “defended convictions of prosecutors who lied under oath.”

She also fought to deny a transgender woman gender reassignment for a transgender California prison inmate.

Some including Kamala Harris herself have warned that searching for ideological purity or the perfect candidate will hurt not only the party but the country. They are correct.

She's just been in the Senate for 6 months, she has paid no dues, she has fought no dragons, she is a blank slate. What make the DNC think that just because she a woman, minority, and articulate she's a leader? It is the DNC with the same old shit all over again. Where is the platform? Where is the plan? WTF DNC?

Put out a platform that attracts and encourages people, don't just pick a pretty face who will roll over for the establishment. Concentrate on 2018 and retake Congress, fuck 2020 for a while. Fuck the Clintonistas, they are history and OLD. :mad:
 
She's just been in the Senate for 6 months, she has paid no dues, she has fought no dragons, she is a blank slate. What make the DNC think that just because she a woman, minority, and articulate she's a leader?

Because it worked for Obama? Was this a trick question? :D
 
Because it worked for Obama? Was this a trick question? :D

Exfuckenzactly! The DNC is a one trick pony, and we need a Charger to kick some Rethuglican Butt!

Obama's greatest asset was he wasn't GW, or Hillary!

He did pretty well but was too gutless to confront the Rethuglican menace. No more Mr. Nice Guy with Mitch, Ryan, and Pence kick 'em in the balls again and again, while they are down and until they cry Uncle! Then kick them twice as hard.
 
Clintonists Tell Leftists to Fall in Line Behind Kamala Harris

Since speculation arose that Sen. Kamala Harris is preparing to run for president, Hillary Clinton’s supporters have defended her using a strategy that was developed during the 2016 Democratic primaries against Sen. Bernie Sanders. This strategy revolves around the Bernie Bros narrative, which propagates the myth that Sanders supporters are sexist, racist white males. The fact that many of progressives’ criticisms, policies and grassroots efforts have been led and founded by women and people of color are, of course, ignored.

“Kamala Harris is one of the most progressive (and attacked) leaders in America,” claimed an article by former Hillary Clinton staffer Zerlina Maxwell for ShareBlue, an outlet predicated on propagating the “Vote Blue No Matter Who” sycophancy. The thesis of the article was reminiscent of former Clinton staffer Peter Daou’s defense of Hillary Clinton: “Hillary Clinton is one of the most ethical (and most lied about) political leaders in America.” Even though bullying voters into supporting Hillary Clinton failed in 2016, the Democratic establishment is doubling down on the tactic but substituting the candidate.

Same old same old shit. No platform no plan, just identity politics and bullshit! How well did that play with Independents last year? The Demo's only have ~30% of eh electorate they need Independents to do anything. You don't tell Independent Progressives to "Get In Line" unless you want to get the finger and a swift non-vote.
 
It's got you speculating from day to day on something that's not going to start jelling until after the 2018 elections--nor should it.
 
It's got you speculating from day to day on something that's not going to start jelling until after the 2018 elections--nor should it.

I looking at what the DNC is doing. When they start dealing with the 2018 issues I'll be happier, so far they are dithering about in a tizzy, arranging the deck chairs but no one seems to be in the Wheelhouse!
 
I looking at what the DNC is doing. When they start dealing with the 2018 issues I'll be happier, so far they are dithering about in a tizzy, arranging the deck chairs but no one seems to be in the Wheelhouse!
"I'm not a member of any organized political party. I'm a Democrat."
--Will Rogers

The right-wing had a long-term strategy: start local. Take over school / library boards, city / community councils, any local organizations. Build a solid base and work their way up. Dums must emulate the Gups here or they'll never overcome gerrymandering and voter suppression.

Local Gups are often mostly culture warriors, pushing for traditional repressions. Local Dums need to push for community enrichment i.e. jobs and non-corporate businesses. How to promote economic opportunity in the flyover zones? That's their dilemma.
 
I looking at what the DNC is doing. When they start dealing with the 2018 issues I'll be happier, so far they are dithering about in a tizzy, arranging the deck chairs but no one seems to be in the Wheelhouse!

This was about the presidential campaign for 2020, not "dealing with the 2018 issues." You're just continuing to spin wheels too early for the 2020 campaign. The DNC would be wise to keep specific possible candidates out of the cross-hairs of the Republican Swiftboaters for as long as possible, and there's no earthly reason for the DNC to whittle down presidential candidate possibilities until after the 2018 elections.
 
This was about the presidential campaign for 2020, not "dealing with the 2018 issues." You're just continuing to spin wheels too early for the 2020 campaign. The DNC would be wise to keep specific possible candidates out of the cross-hairs of the Republican Swiftboaters for as long as possible, and there's no earthly reason for the DNC to whittle down presidential candidate possibilities until after the 2018 elections.

No this thread was about Positive Campaigning, so far the DNC hasn't pushed much but the S.O.S.O.S, Clintionista crap. The DNC meetings, as reported, have mostly been "Stay the Course", despite the recent failure of their current course. Perez has failed to show much leadership, in fact he has down played what Bernie has been doing to stump the country for Single Payer.

So when is the DNC going to LEAD? Come on Pilot! Tell me about all the great policy the DNC has been promoting to prime the narrative for 2018? I spend so little time on the news, I must have missed it!:)
 
Apparently you are just spewing out whatever you pick up in the media on whatever. You certainly aren't paying any attention to what I'm posting on the issue. So I won't bother talking to the brick wall.
 
Apparently you are just spewing out whatever you pick up in the media on whatever. You certainly aren't paying any attention to what I'm posting on the issue. So I won't bother talking to the brick wall.

I'm paying attention Pilot. You certainly are not responding to the points I raise, you are refusing to address those points by pushing DNC excuses. Anytime I challenge you, you get huffy and stalk off, just like the DNC.

You keep saying Bernie is "Not a Democrat," but that is because the Democrats won't accept that he has a different viewpoint from the "Get Elected at any cost" crew that passes for the "leadership". Anyone who gets in line, in step and forks over some money is acceptable as a Democrat, but you can not have FDR's conviction to social progress and be accepted.

When Obama was elected in 2009 I wrote my Senator and asked if we could now prosecute Bush/Cheney for war crimes, she came back and said it would be "too controversial", as if enforcing U.S. Law would be inconvenient, and not worth the effort. Yet, she expected me to support her when she wouldn't support the law! Now that's a Democrat!
 
Democrats new slogan borrows from communist China

Damn, the Democrats are most unfortunate in the selection of slogans.

Thirty Democrats disillusioned with their party’s struggles in Middle America have unveiled a new group aimed at expanding its base beyond just the two coasts. The initiative, which comprises current and former mayors, governors, cabinet members and lawmakers, comes complete with a catchy new title, “New Democracy.”

Related: When centrists ruled and Democrats won: Former Texas governor dies

If that name sounds familiar, it’s because it was the same as that given by Mao Zedong to his theory of democracy in communist China.

“In a word, new-democratic culture is the proletarian-led, anti-imperialist and anti-feudal culture of the broad masses,” Mao wrote on New Democracy in 1940, nine years before coming to power in China.

Comparisons with communist China are unlikely to help the group of Democrats achieve their aim of reversing a series of losses the party has suffered at both federal and state level. In addition to having a Republican in the White House, the party controls both the House and the Senate. There are 34 GOP governors, and in 26 of those states the Republicans also control of both houses of the legislature. Democrats have such dominance in just six states—Connecticut, Rhode Island, California, Oregon and Hawaii. In the past decade, Democrats have lost more than 1,000 seats in state legislatures.

Still, it's a good thing to be "the proletarian-led, anti-imperialist and anti-feudal culture of the broad masses,” isn't it? :eek:
 
Democrats new slogan borrows from communist China

Damn, the Democrats are most unfortunate in the selection of slogans.



Still, it's a good thing to be "the proletarian-led, anti-imperialist and anti-feudal culture of the broad masses,” isn't it? :eek:

I always find it humorous when media tries to find comparisons of the politicians today with something in the past. This is a good example. Do you really think today's politicians read? Especially anything historical?
 
I always find it humorous when media tries to find comparisons of the politicians today with something in the past. This is a good example. Do you really think today's politicians read? Especially anything historical?

:D five characters :D
 
Elizabeth Warren outlines left push of Democrats, abandoning Clinton-era policies

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., may have slyly outlined her 2020 presidential campaign platform Saturday at an Atlanta conference. During a speech, Warren pushed the Democratic party to move left and abandon Bill Clinton-era policies.

"Let's not be Republi-Crats!"

Warren, long a prospective Democratic presidential candidate, took aim at some of the policies of her predecessors.

“The Democratic Party isn’t going back to the days of welfare reform and the crime bill,” said Warren, condemning policies pursued by Clinton.

Warren touted the ascendance of a more liberal wing of the Democratic party. In the past, after losing presidential elections, the Democratic party has tended to shift more moderate.

“We're not going back to the days of being lukewarm on choice … We’re not going back to the days when universal health care was something Democrats talked about on the campaign trail but were too chicken to fight for after they got elected,” said Warren. “We don't have to tip-toe anymore. We don't have to hedge our bets.”

Will the Clintonistas now attack Liz?:eek:
 
The DNC and Tom Perez Have No Idea What They’re Doing

On August 17, The Hill reported that the Democratic National Committee (DNC) is struggling to keep up with Republicans in regards to fundraising. The DNC has $7.5 million in cash on hand and $3 million in debt. The RNC has almost $45 million in cash on hand and no debt.

By choosing Tom Perez as its new chair and refusing to re-enact a ban on donations from corporate lobbyists and PACs, the DNC effectively sided with the party’s donors. Having been run into the ground by former DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the organization has proven useless over the past few years. Wasserman Schultz reigned as Democrats lost elected offices nationwide. All the while, she exploited the DNC for her own political gain and used the organization to benefit Hillary Clinton’s run for the presidency. Under former DNC Interim Chair Donna Brazile and new Chair Tom Perez, nothing has changed.

As the Trump-publicans stumble and fail, the DNC is pushing the Same Old, Same Old Shit, sad, weak, stupid.
 
Gavin Newsom schools Bill Maher on why Mike Pence is just as terrifying as Donald Trump

But Lt. Gov Newsom also made the point:

“But, Bill, here’s my bigger point,” he continued. “We have to have absolute accountability on Russia but the bigger point is that the Democratic Party right now — we’re in trouble. And with all due respect, being in opposition to Donald Trump and focusing on emoluments and focusing on Russia may be important but we also have to have positive alternative agenda. Before the Russian issue we lost close to 1,000 state legislative seats. We’re now at the lowest point since 2001. What is the positive Democratic agenda. What’s the bottom-up agenda? You have 196 people suing Trump on emoluments, that’s great, but you only have 116 supporting medicare for all. That’s not so good.”

A voice in the wilderness is Gavin.:eek:
 
Back
Top