Weekly artistic challenge

Fantastic crisp snow...very pretty TT :)

BB

Thank you. It's a shot I love.

A few years ago my mom sent me the ornaments I have painted and made as a child ...here are a few of them and a few favorites.

I tend to add a new ornament or two every year. Any set colour theme is out the window, I have a mish mash of everything!

This was fun to make...I think this ornament is 30 years old ... yikes!!!

A ceramic bell circa 1982 lol

A wooden block set I inherited with this house when I bought it...feels right to have it out this year...

Just a pretty pattern...

This was Christmas Day last year...the snow was light and fluffy and I just love this pic...

Merry Christmas to all and all the best in the New Year!!!

BB

Very pretty. I especially love the last one with your dog

ok here goes

This is what I got. Columbia River.Frenchmans Bar. Vancouver Wa. I dont ues photoshop.(yes thats my excuse) picture taken with cell phone moments befor the sun set. couldent believe how still the water was that day.

Attachments

• 0102162025.jpg
    0102162025.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
one more

Swift Reservoir Wa. Near Mt. Saint Helens Wa. Taken from a moving car.

Attachments

• not sorted 2 444b.jpg
    not sorted 2 444b.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
We got rain down in the valley overnight. I got a pleasant surprise driving to physical therapy this morning, though. The mountains are about 70 miles NNE of Phoenix, our beloved Four Peaks. (Not the best pic, grabbed it with my cell phone.)

LowSnow_zpsa21cd097.jpg

Beautiful...thanks!:):rose:

This is what I got. Columbia River.Frenchmans Bar. Vancouver Wa. I dont ues photoshop.(yes thats my excuse) picture taken with cell phone moments befor the sun set. couldent believe how still the water was that day.

gorgeous!!

attachment.php

We got rain down in the valley overnight. I got a pleasant surprise driving to physical therapy this morning, though. The mountains are about 70 miles NNE of Phoenix, our beloved Four Peaks. (Not the best pic, grabbed it with my cell phone.)

LowSnow_zpsa21cd097.jpg

C'mon people! That pic was snapped 15 miles due east of Phoenix AZ! We DO NOT GET SNOW. It's something we admire (maybe) from a distance. Master says this is damn close enough. (LOL He hates sn*w even more than I do.)

We would get beautiful morning like that from Havasu once every couple of years.. wonderful to look at in the distance.. :D

LowSnow_zpsa21cd097.jpg

Snow on Four Peaks is ALWAYS exciting! Got snow in Desert Hills last year and that was beyond exciting!

My Christmas was spent at visiting out beautiful and fun things that usually only visitors check out....so here you go, my Christmas pictures.
tumblr_myefsjfRrV1sow60jo1_500.jpg

tumblr_myefsjfRrV1sow60jo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_myqkwcqwPM1sow60jo2_500.jpg

tumblr_myqkwcqwPM1sow60jo1_500.jpg

Love to you all. I hope the New Year brings you joy, health and prosperity.

My Christmas was spent at visiting out beautiful and fun things that usually only visitors check out....so here you go, my Christmas pictures.

Beautiful! Happy New Year to you. I love chasing butterflies...........but won't be doing any of that around here until spring again. Could that be a Blue Morpho?

Fantastic...love the water and butterflies!!

I wish the same for you for the New Year!! Happy snapping!!

BB

New Year

Happy New Year Rhapsody and others...great pics!!

Very stormy here atm so not sure when the camera will come out. However the next two-week challenge ties in with the New Year...

New..newness...anything new....make sense??:):rose:

Last edited:

Happy New Year Rhapsody! Happy you found your happiness! :kiss:

I've been in PA for the last week. It's been cold or damned cold, but the skies remained mostly clear until this morning. This is what I woke up to in my mom's back yard. That tree hid away several birds that came out later for treats...at least two pairs of cardinals, juncos, bluejays, chickadees, and a few squirrels.

2014-01-10113141_zps00ba78e2.jpg

2014-01-10113206_zps78c150a1.jpg

I've been in PA for the last week. It's been cold or damned cold, but the skies remained mostly clear until this morning. This is what I woke up to in my mom's back yard. That tree hid away several birds that came out later for treats...at least two pairs of cardinals, juncos, bluejays, chickadees, and a few squirrels.

2014-01-10113141_zps00ba78e2.jpg

2014-01-10113206_zps78c150a1.jpg

nice pics...thanks!

OK...I guess this thread is dying on it's feet...I must admit the weather has kept me indoors, and I probably won't take so many photos now until the spring/summer...I've closed my own photo thread temporarily through lack of interest!:D

Thanks to all to contributed, and special thanks to Rhapsody who is in such a happy place right now!:kiss::heart:

Agree thanks to all it was fun weather still good in calif but have not been out to shoot and I cant upload from camera to computer ( old software):mad:

Not sure if we are doing a photo challenge anymore ...but... yesterday driving to work I snapped a few pics. The frosty air and morning sunrise was so pretty combined with the hoar frost on the trees. I snapped a couple shots while driving, through my windshield, I added a photo filter from cs4 and here's what they looked like. I have to admit I am impressed with the camera in the Iphone 4s ....

Have a great day to all ...

BB

:rose:

Back